Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Merging Animations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 23:29
I bought DarkMatter a long time ago, and I thought originally that it would be easy to use the models coming with it. However, I now realize that they are separate animations and I can't figure out how to merge the animations. Are there any ways to merge the animations of the DarkMatter .x models?

Or, is there anyway to switch out the model when I need him to play the animation of the other file? For example, when I shoot a guy in my program, I want him to play his impact animation. However, I normally load the idle file.

Any ideas?
MasterInsan0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 14:55
Come on, there has to be some friggin' way to merge animations!!!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 22:39
there is the append object animation command and with some code yes you could do flips of models but you will probably want them loaded all into memory and moved into place from a hidden spot.

ever tried the manual?

MasterInsan0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 23:00
Yes, I have tried the manual. I once wrote a utility in DBPro that used this command to append all animation from one model to another. However, this is not permanent. I need this to be permanent so that I can use it in other programs.

Also, I cannot load them all into memory and move them from a hidden spot because the player will likely already be able to see the object by the time it needs to animate.

I have seen 3ds Max 5's Merge Animation command, but I could never get it to do anything.
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2003 04:34
look at the post above. it currently is the 1 right above yours, and has what u need in it "Is there a way to blend walk cycles in DBPro?"

Sup Kids
MasterInsan0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2003 05:52
Thanks for the help haXor, but that applies only to what I am trying to achieve. Their models already have the animations in the ".x" file.

I am trying to combine the animations from, say, "idle.x" and "walk.x". For testing purposes only does the command Append Object work, as it seems to prevent any limbs from moving once the animation is appended. So, the movement animation essentially looks like someone is taking a chess piece and making it dance on the chess board.

Basically, I want to copy the frames of "walk.x" and paste them into "idle.x". Then from DBPro I could use "loop object 1,25,50" for the walking and "loop object 1,1,25" for idle (just an example).

I am asking if there are any programs that will allow me to do this, so that "idle.x" contains the animations of both "idle.x" and "walk.x". Maybe there is a way to do it manually (by editing the .x file)?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:06:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:06:21