Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3D Canvas Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 09:45
Does anyone here use this program?
Is it any good?

Im a coder, but want to play around with some modeling, animation etc, but dont have alot of money either. So i was curious whats a good program to use, thats easy to use also.

Thanks in advance.
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 11:17
Milkshape!
Misanthrope
Years of Service
User Offline
Milkshape is really limited compared to 3D Canvas Pro.

Additionally, 3DC's other advantages besides its large feature set are that it's a native DirectX .x modeler, and it is expandable with user scripting AND ActiveX plugins. Milkshape isn't.

-Misanthrope
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 13:47
I been messing with the freeware version and I think it's best model package I tried so far. I'm probably gonna buy the LP version for $35.

You can get the freeware from their site http://www.amabilis.com there's some features missing and you can't import/export. Try it and see if you like it.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 14:57
-Milkshape is really limited compared to 3D Canvas Pro

Milkshape is really limited period

Modeling Tip of the Week:The more details you put on a model,the more you will learn from it!

If I've seen it all before,why's this bus taking me back again?
Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 21:14
ok so your saying Milkshape sucks? hehe

I DL and tried Canvas, and Wings 3D, last night, and find them both easy to use (Wings more then Canvas) but i see Canvas as being the better of the two.

Thanks for you input

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 21:23
Wings3d is very powerful if you give it some time.
Although it has no built in animation support

Still a good(free)option.
I havn't experimented with 3d canvas pro ,much, so I can't really help ya.Although you should just choose which will suit you best for your needs.

http://www.geocities.com/yellow1dbp/index.html?1055790955556
Let me know if you want your site to have a link on my page.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 21:50
What most people who download wings3D often forget to do is to go on the forum to get the manual...

Modeling Tip of the Week:The more details you put on a model,the more you will learn from it!

Misanthrope
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 23:06 Edited at: 19th Jun 2003 23:08
Falelorn: "ok so your saying Milkshape sucks? hehe"

Not really. People have done impressive things with it. Psionic did some great tutorials (which I think Simple mirrors on his website) for Milkshape, and it's been used with a fair degree of success by a lot of people.

It's just that I find that my productivity improves hugely with 3D Canvas Pro. I also like the fact that if I run into a brick wall, I can simply write an ActiveX plugin or a script to solve the problem.

-Misanthrope

Edit: Fixed potentially confusing typo.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 03:13
I like Milkshape, it works for me. I was doing a nice human model before my HDD died. I posted this shot on the Milkshape forum before that happend (don't mind the seam going down the middle, I didn't weld the vertexes or messed with the smoothing option, hell didn't even know of it at the time).

And remember this was my first model, I think that sayes something possitive for Milkshape.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 16:01
Well that's good for a first but it's nothing even a modeler made in DBP couldn't do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:23:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:23:35