Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / An alternative to ButterCutter....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 19:48
Quote: "Put down the BFG9000s guys."
OK, *pulls out his BFG10K*

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
TJR Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 10:51
[b]DOES ANY1 STILL HAVE THE FILE, IF SO CAN YOU UPLOAD IT AND EMAIL ME THE LINK, PLEASE... THE SITE IS NO LONGER THERE, IT DOESENT EXIST! Thx.
Corky
User Banned
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 12:37
Quote: "DOES ANY1 STILL HAVE THE FILE, IF SO CAN YOU UPLOAD IT AND EMAIL ME THE LINK, PLEASE... THE SITE IS NO LONGER THERE, IT DOESENT EXIST! Thx."

Yes it is

TJR Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 13:33
Sry, it's most likely that the server was down at the time... Thx.!
TJR Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 14:16 Edited at: 20th Dec 2007 14:22
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST A DIRECT LINK AS I CANNOT FIND IT!!! OR EMAIL ME THE FILE... PLEASE!!! I CANNOT MAKE GOOD GAMES W/O THIS!!!

Mod Note: Please stop capitalizing every post you make; it is considered shouting on a forum.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 14:20
Post again with caps lock off and someone might consider helping you. Otherwise expect to get slapped if you keep evading the caps filter.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
TJR Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 14:22
Sry, could someone please post me a direct link to the download or email me the file so that I can make a cool mp game and post it on the forums? That is the deal... Oh, it will also contain mp9 guns and have high detail!!! Thx.
TJR Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 15:02
I have to go to sleep in a min... Please help me with the link... @butters I am going to try email u on my hotmail account... Thx. Thx.
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 18:51
Than go to sleep....

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 20:05
Quote: "Sry, it's most likely that the server was down at the time... Thx.!"

If you translated it, you'd know it's not out yet.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 20:09
Quote: "shame on the person that used butters cutters in the subject line of this post to promote it."

Hey, I just meant it as another guy making a similar product, no offence was meant to butters or anyone else, and I am not advertising as i am not affiliated with this guy.

I apologise if butters was insulted.

on anther note, i have to say this is the most popular thread i have ever had, mainly 'cos most of the others got locked for many different reasons.

Doctor Who
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 00:34 Edited at: 21st Dec 2007 00:37
Wow, I come back from two weeks hiatus and see this. I've seen Butters' work, I haven't bought Butter Cutter yet but do plan to. Putting holes in walls, maybe this guy or gal did it. But Butters' video shows more than just holes in walls, it shows exploding sections and other things which really impressed me.

Now, I'm all for a free deal but, as my brother would say, "I'd pay $500 to contest a $50 parking ticket if I thought it was wrong." Free or even cheaper does not warrant something like this.

The Doctor

[P.S. or Edit] I didn't realize there was a page two. Okay, so it was some user and not the creator. I apologize. Sorry.

I straddle the line between genius and insanity. Guess which side I'm on now?
Corky
User Banned
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 00:44
Quote: "I'd pay $500 to contest a $50 parking ticket if I thought it was wrong."

I don't believe you would.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 01:48
I'd rather spend money on a program from a developer that I know and trust. Especially since that someone is always involved in the community.

I agree with Dr. Who on this. Not only has Butters helped out the community for free many times in the past; but this product of his is way under-priced for what it does. People don't seem to understand that many of the developers around here don't create these things as a sole source of income. If they feel that the community won't support them (not just monetarily) they may move on, or at least not offer any more of the goodies you see floating around here.

Many of us have bought (myself included) things from the 3rd party developers, when we may not have had a use for them at the time; but we do it to support our fellow developers and to keep the "Indy Spirit" alive. We all rely on each other as a community at one point or another, kind of like a family. I'm not saying that the free tools around here shouldn't be given any credence; if I did, I wouldn't have included them in the FPSC Tools sticky. All I'm saying is that purchasing something like ButterCutters (usefulness aside), is a way of thanking a developer who's been around to help the community and involved himself in all aspects of the software...for the betterment of current and future members.

I've thought about changing the title of this thread many times, as I feel it brings attention to a program that draws influence heavily from ButterCutters (both in look and in purpose); but as a Moderator (and fellow member) I have to try to remain un-biased, and it's not always easy around here.

Anyways, the discussion is good to have; just be nice to each other...it is the Season after all.

-Keith

Luzifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quote: "I look forward to the total Cutter After Realease Butter Fingers will not earn much more. Now we have a reason to be happy New Year""

I think you truely missunderstood him. He´s only happy because he can download a free cutter.
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 12:45 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2011 20:46

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 12:54
Quote: "Before I forgot: I'am the Guy who said, that Butter's after the Release not much earn, BUT I said: "Now we have a reason to be happy New Year""

Well i guess we already know what you said...
Well not exactly you....but that someone said that.
Now we know that its you...ah okey...

What i dont get is.....why would you want to see someone's
sales going down?
Okey i know that Butters already sold many...so he has his earn for that pack...
And probably it wouldnt go down...etc...

But i was just wondering...so?
Do you have some hatred against Butters?....or maybe something else.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 13:05
Quote: "Do you have some hatred against Butters?....or maybe something else."

I think his quote has lost something in the translation... I don't believe he is hoping Butters will lose sales... he is saying that Butters will lose sales because of the free alternative...

I also believe that when he says "Now we have a reason to be happy New Year" what he means is that he is excited about the free version coming out...

Babelfish (and similar translators) don't do a good job of translating the meaning of a message, just the words in that message...

[center]
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 13:29
Thraxas.
Ah okey....than my deepest apologies GOH doomster.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 13:39
HA! I just got this email from TJR games:
Quote: "
since you don't care about the piracy of buttercutter anymore, if it is not too much can you please email the download link to me. I could make much use of it. If there is anything that I could trade for it would that be ok... Thx. PS: I am not able to purchase anything online... TJR Games"

TJR. I do care about the piracy of ButterCutter. You cannot have a free copy.I've had emails before from people to say that someone (A4 Productions in the previous case), had contacted them asking them to share their copy. This is piracy and is in breach of the licence for Buttercutter.

Keith, thanks mate. I totally agree with what you're saying. In all honesty I hardly use FPSC any more.I lost faith a little when TGC kind of said they didn't want to buy my improvement pack, because I had only modified stock media and not created new stuff. This meant that their was no way I could release the dual weild, or improved strafing stuff.

I love this community, it's the one that got me into game design. And, unlike the darkbasic community, it's one where people are focussed on every area of games design, from texture work , to 3d , to gameplay. I'm using DB now, but that community doesn't seem to care if your game is made up of untextured cubes. FPSCer's seem to look at the game as a whole, and I think that makes us a valuable asset to the TGC community, and one I want to support

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 13:45 Edited at: 21st Dec 2007 14:21
Quote: "I've thought about changing the title of this thread many times, as I feel it brings attention to a program that draws influence heavily from ButterCutters (both in look and in purpose); but as a Moderator (and fellow member) I have to try to remain un-biased, and it's not always easy around here."

sorry, as i said:
Quote: "I just meant it as another guy making a similar product, no offence was meant to butters or anyone else, and I am not advertising as i am not affiliated with this guy.
"

please change the title if you wish, something like "Red-Devils Cutter."

-=EDIT=-

Quote: ""Do you have some hatred against Butters?....or maybe something else."
"

I do have a basic understanding of German, and from what i can gather this man is mearly saying, "hey, a free cutter, now i don't need to buy BC, might kill Butters' sales though."

That is not a literal, word-for-word translation.......
It is mearly the basic ideology of what the guy is saying.....

Again, apologies to any who may have been offended.

-=EDIT 2=-
Just to notify that Red-Devil has released a free Xmas version of his cutter,go here and download if you want.......http://http://www.prismatoid.de/fpscreator/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1643&forum=3

I am not associated with this so please don't start flaming me, (again). I'm just posting the link for those that want the cutter.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 14:34
I'm not mad that you made the thread title what it is, Coffee Grunt; I was a bit putt off by the comment made in the German forums.

Quote: "The Cutter from Red Devil be Freeware...It's really cool that a Guy make Cutter for free...so enjoy the Release...
Before I forgot: I'am the Guy who said, that Butter's after the Release not much earn, BUT I said: "Now we have a reason to be happy New Year" because I want this Cutter^^
So "Chill Out"

Something may have been lost in translation; but the part of the statement that alludes to hoping that the "Cutter Clone" drains Butters of future sales...seriously put me off.

Quote: "I lost faith a little when TGC kind of said they didn't want to buy my improvement pack, because I had only modified stock media and not created new stuff"

Apparently they don't see it the way I do...as more of a tool (like Signs), rather than a model pack. It's a shame that they choose not to attract more developers who create useful tools for FPSC...but then again, I'm not in charge.

I'm glad this didn't deter you from helping out the community in the future, Butters.

-Keith

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 15:04
Butters,

I didn't know that you had offered some things to TGC. It seem to me that they (especially ButterCutter) would have been better alternatives than the current (11-15) packs that they got elsewhere. I think it will be a learning experience for them and they will be better for that anyway.

Best.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 15:11
Quote: "I'm not mad that you made the thread title what it is, Coffee Grunt; I was a bit putt off by the comment made in the German forums.
"

KK, m8... sorry.

Quote: "since you don't care about the piracy of buttercutter anymore, if it is not too much can you please email the download link to me. I could make much use of it. If there is anything that I could trade for it would that be ok... Thx. PS: I am not able to purchase anything online... TJR Games"
"

Wow, he's got some brass-neck! Of course you'd care, BC's kinda like your baby ain't it?

Oh yeh, and about my last post, just found out that all the cutters are in xmassy shapes like trees and baubles and angels and stuff.

Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 16:01
i am german. and that was meant as a joke.
these guys just use their knowledge to offer something like
butter cutter for free. they also could charge money for it
but they dont. i think thats nice and i will use this program.

fpsc addons and such is an open market and everyone can decide
by his own if he wants to sell his 3rd party application or give
it away for free.

now that these guys develop something similar to butter cutter
and wont charge any money for it, butterfingers maybe has to think
about something new.

by the way, i think the comment "and have a happy new year" was
pointed to the FREE release of the application. not to the loss
of butterfingers money.

if not, thats no racissm. thats competition.
and
@Pus in boots :

i dont think you fought at D-Day and these german guys neither.
calm down.

yeah...thats the ticket !
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 16:08
Quote: "if not, thats no racissm. thats competition."

Who said anything about it being racism?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 17:54
Quote: "Who said anything about it being racism?"

I think he's referring to the competition between Butters and Red Devil as a sort of English VS German........

Oh I dunno, i kinda wish i hadn't made this thread in the first place,Puss in Boots' racist comment,(in fact it was the Nazi party which caused WWII not germany as a whole, there were infact Germans against Hitler, one group even tried to assasinate him, but sadly failed.)

Thank you for apologising though Puss, as i thoroughly hate stereotypes,(being a Scotsman living in England, I'm subjected to quite alot of it.)

Well anyways, shall update when i find out more about this project, and yes i am going to get it because it's free and i like free stuff, but i am also going to buy BC as well.

TJR Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 19:14
I have got something bad about butters, he Yelled at me on purpose (I didn't know that caps was yelling on the forums, I just used that as a replacement for bold...) when how can you read through 303 posts? It's booring... He posts an email that I wrote to him, wonder what he was mad about, FPSC's problem w/ save then freeze? K Thx so much for posting this thread! Very handy...
Fluffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 19:23
Im still gonna have to stick with Butter Cutter

You just wasted a few seconds of your life reading this signature!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 19:37
Dang, I just wasted a second of my life! Butter-cutter needs to replace Model-packs 11-15, which are too quickly thrown together IMO. Come on TGC, BC is a great looking pack that can improve any segment easily and quickly!

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 20:47
Quote: "I have got something bad about butters, he Yelled at me on purpose"

Oh dear, you should sue him for like £4214244628765287625876276 for that, that's like the worst crime a man can commit.

Quote: "(I didn't know that caps was yelling on the forums, I just used that as a replacement for bold...) "

If you didn't know caps was yelling, how come you knew he was yelling at you?

Quote: "He posts an email that I wrote to him, wonder what he was mad about"

No wonder the cheek or it!!! Didn't your mother not tell you to beg people, have some dignity m8!

Quote: "K Thx so much for posting this thread! Very handy..."

Do you deserve it?

-=EDIT=-
Quote: "Im still gonna have to stick with Butter Cutter
"

I'm gonna BC, but i'll probably get this as well.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 21:26
damn, you have something to say about EVERYTHING! (I'm not shouting, BTW...nor was THAT!...that was.)

My blog
Latest post: Life,death and statistics
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 23:23
Quote: "I have got something bad about butters"

What's with the general worshipping of Butters going on around here? People looking for a single flaw...I think it's sad.

Quote: "
I love this community, it's the one that got me into game design. And, unlike the darkbasic community, it's one where people are focussed on every area of games design, from texture work , to 3d , to gameplay. I'm using DB now, but that community doesn't seem to care if your game is made up of untextured cubes. FPSCer's seem to look at the game as a whole, and I think that makes us a valuable asset to the TGC community, and one I want to support"

I agree 100% about this.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 02:03
Quote: "What's with the general worshipping of Butters going on around here? People looking for a single flaw...I think it's sad. "

I don't, i respect his abilities not worship them. I think that people who worship a man they've never seen in real life are very trusting\complete and utter idiots.

Quote: "damn, you have something to say about EVERYTHING! (I'm not shouting, BTW...nor was THAT!...that was.) "

Who, TJR Games?

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 02:39
I am hoping to get enough money on Christmas to buy BC, and I will take a look at this other program. On my Christmas list, the only thing that is circled is BC, and I have a lot of other stuff on there that I want. And for those of you who think lists are lame, it's a mixture of an Amazon.com list and a Excel spreadsheet.

Anyway... I really think that the German Cutter is going to be smaller than BC. BC is huge with a bunch of segments and everything. The German cutter program most likely will not have as many options to choose from.

I support Indie Developers with whatever money I have. Unfortunately, being too young to have a job makes that amount really small.

Well, that's just my input.

- Tyler

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 04:55
Quote: "It's booring."

I don't think this place is right for you then...

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 11:16
At this point does it matter? did it ever matter? You have two products one free and the other not.

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "http://http://www.prismatoid.de/fpscreator/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1643&forum=3"

that link doesnt work

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 19:20
Quote: "that link doesnt work"

THe links on the web time out for server updates.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 01:29
Well... I made a lot of LYTE:FX like lightddecals (Not the same quality like Butters, but for free) and I thougt about a new year release... I just wonder if I really should release it, because a lot of people have paied a lot for LYTE:FX. Anyway, on the other side, there are a lot of people how can`t afford the money or would be happy for something for free... Hmm, what to do? What do you guys think?

Its my Freedom, Its my Duty, Its my War!
muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 01:29 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2007 01:31
Quote: "uote: "http://http://www.prismatoid.de/fpscreator/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1643&forum=3"
that link doesnt work"

That link has too many http's.

@ Wolf, you should release your software, firstly you've spent time on it and secondly it's good to have more than one option.
JMON
Years of Service
User Offline
I loved the cutters so much i made some i just wanted to show them

JM@N

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JMON
Years of Service
User Offline
I liked the cutters so much i decided to make some

JM@N

Attachments

JMON
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a pic of my cutters id like to show them.

JM@N

Attachments

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 02:13
Heard you the first time.

I think I'll download this pack (with the knowledge that they're not deliberately screwing Butters over) It's probably just me, but some of those holes look pretty randomly sculpted. Oh well...

My blog
Latest post: Life,death and statistics
JMON
Years of Service
User Offline
Oops sry
JMON
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry no download just pics

JM@N
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 04:34
Thanks for double posting. Driving on through to the next window to receive your slap in the face.

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 06:24
He pretty much hijacked the thread.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 11:06
Quote: "He pretty much hijacked the thread."

Yeh.........

@JMON are you actually gonna release those cutters? If so will they be free or pay?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 13:19:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 13:19:12