Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Truespace 3.2 and Texture Making

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 18:28
I was wondering if anyone here uses Truespace 3.2 and knows if you can do something i imagine being quite an easy task

In TrueSpace 3.2 you can paint on faces of your object.
You can apply a texture to the whole object and then paint on top of certain parts, and all this is fine but...

Is it possible to export this 'texture' to a bitmap file? I want to create a texutre this way, export it to a bmp file and then edit it with an image editor and make ti better, more detailed, little bit more attractive...

is it possible? or is there another version of TS that does this for you?

I need to do this to a) improve the texture to a more detailed level and b) to apply different textures to the same model of an object from a library of flat files I have pre-created (carefull there)...

Any ideas?
-------------------------------
Pointy birds, Oh pointy pointy
Anoint my head, Anointy 'nointy
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 18:32
have you had a look at either caligari or moonmans' ressources?

http://www.caligari.com/products/truespace/ts3/resources/default.html

http://www.lunadude.com/tS/tS-3dplugs.htm

Modeling Tip of the Week:The more details you put on a model,the more you will learn from it!

If I've seen it all before,why's this bus taking me back again?
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 18:34
BTW:If all else fails,use lithunwrap(FREE+supports trueSPace's proprietary object format),re-importing shouldn't be hard as long as the .cob format epxorts texture/uv info...I still gotta confirm this.

Modeling Tip of the Week:The more details you put on a model,the more you will learn from it!

If I've seen it all before,why's this bus taking me back again?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:03:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:03:44