Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / A few questions with X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 23:47
Hey guys,here are a few quastions for X10. I've used the older version a bit and have only just got my copy of X10 so my questions are porbably pretty basic. Thanks a bunch if you can help me out a bit.

1. Is there any ways to get the AI's to fight each other? i.e. If you walk into a room and there are several bots (all enemies) that are fighting each other.

2. Is there any way to set up teach deathmatch(team slayer) games in multiplayer games? All I can see in the options are deathmatch type games where its every man for himself.

3. When you make a multiplayer game, under the winning conditions, it says no of kills (and those options) or winning conditions. What are some of the winning conditions that you can set? i.e. The player who destroys this first or etc.

Lastly, are there anyways to implemetn grenades and explosives into multiplayer games?

Thanks very much.
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 23:22
1. allies can fight each other, but an enemy cant fight another enemy

2.only deathmatch, sorry.

3.you're going to have to ask someone who has fpsc x10

4.you can grenades in multiplayer

hope i answered your questions ( except #3 of corse )

when the chicken crosses the road, he never comes back
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 23:52
A13X

I was going to start one of these X10 question threads but there is a couple knocking about now so hope you won't mind me adding a few to yours.

- Is it possible to change the level of the water plane in game via the use of scripts to allow numerous situations and settings involving water within the same level ?

- Is it possible to change the amount of bloom being used via the use of scripts in the same way that ambient light and fog could be controlled in FPSC X9 games in this way ?

- Are there actually any volumetric smoke / soft particle effects or features in X10 yet and if not are there going to be and is it still going to support them ?. I seriously hope so given that it was showcased in the technical demos

- Whats the deal with FPSC X10 folders being installed to the root program files directory and user 'documents' folder? Does this have any impact on where you need to place custom media etc?

- Now that FPSC X10 has support for C++ shaders, will this mean there is better support for community created custom shaders to be developed and enjoyed?

Thanks
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 00:30
sorry Normad Soul, but i have no idea what you're talikng about in any of your questions. ( hint: i am stupid and your big words confuse me )

when the chicken crosses the road, he never comes back
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 17:36 Edited at: 24th Dec 2007 17:37
Quote: "- Is it possible to change the level of the water plane in game via the use of scripts to allow numerous situations and settings involving water within the same level ?"

Yes, the water level can be raised/lowered with scripts.

Quote: "- Is it possible to change the amount of bloom being used via the use of scripts in the same way that ambient light and fog could be controlled in FPSC X9 games in this way ?"

yes, bloom and lightining features are editeable as well.

Quote: "- Are there actually any volumetric smoke / soft particle effects or features in X10 yet and if not are there going to be and is it still going to support them ?. I seriously hope so given that it was showcased in the technical demos."

Yes, at least soft smoke is possible. Soft-particles can be turned off if they cause too much trouple as well.

Quote: "- Whats the deal with FPSC X10 folders being installed to the root program files directory and user 'documents' folder? Does this have any impact on where you need to place custom media etc?"

Not sure why it uses so many different folders, but yes, you gonna have to be sure you have correct files in the correct folders.

Quote: "- Now that FPSC X10 has support for C++ shaders, will this mean there is better support for community created custom shaders to be developed and enjoyed?"
Uhh, yes? At least the current ones are fully editable. With custom "textures" you can make many various effects.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 04:28 Edited at: 25th Dec 2007 04:30
Thanks Doggy

Only 1 more question.

Quote: "Yes, at least soft smoke is possible. Soft-particles can be turned off if they cause too much trouple as well."

How does soft smoke work, I can see a 'softdecal.fx' file in the effectbank but cant find a smoke decal like the one demonstrated in the tech video (see 1min 55)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ3VhbyPLbo

Also how do you turn these effects on / off or apply them ?
A13X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 10:13
@Nomad Soul- lol why would I mind you asking more questions. I'm totally new to FPSC and have had x10 for about two weeks now though so any help I get at this point is good...

Thanx alot guys for trying to help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 10:13:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 10:13:27