Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Test Game - Major Problems pls help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone , im writing this on behalf of my son. i bought FPS x10 for him for xmas. hes got himself all excitied about it. but we cant get it to work ?

everytime we press test game , even on a premade sample lvl or just a small room with nothing in it just doesnt work.. it takes ages then finaly just pops up with error , with a msg about uploading the problem to the fps forums.... then the program closes and i find myself staring at the desktop.

the computer stats are as follows - GTX8800 , 4gig cosair memory , FX-62 dualcore cpu , K9n diomond MSI mobo , vista home premium. the system is all up to date on all drivers including directX. also its a fresh install with nothing else on.

further note since i pressed test game the very first time it worked no more after though.

hope some1 out there knows whats going on and is able to help us out. any help would but much appreciated.
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 16:48 Edited at: 26th Dec 2007 04:57
Hello deacon, welcome to the forum.
Did you recently download all your drivers from the manufactures website, because the drivers Cd’s that came with your hardware will normally be outdated even if you just bought the hardware, because the hardware you just bought could have been sitting on the store shelf for weeks or months before you bought it, and are you running Vista Home Premium 32 bit or 64 bit?
I know if your running Vista Home Premium 32-bit with 4 gigs of ram it can screw thing up and if you go into your control panel and look at your system specs it won’t show 4 gigs installed, it will show 3.25 gigs of ram or smaller this is because of memory address issue limitation of windows 32 bit operating system, windows basically doesn’t know what to do with ram over 4 gigs so it can cause all sorts of problems.
First make sure your drivers are the most recent and the correct driver for your hardware and make sure you install the latest Direct X (November 2007). IF that doesn’t work try taking out one stick of your ram so your PC is under 4 gigs of ram and run FPSC and see if it works. Also turn off any unnecessary programs running in the background only leave you’re anti virus and firewall running
And you only need to post your problem once not twice.

Best
deacon
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there thx for the welcome and the quick reply.

well all seems good now for some reason i havnt did anything , i just kept trying as my post didnt show up until it was checked.( didnt noticed the msg until i posted the second time, my bad. hence the 2 posts) so in that time it began to work. incase it is happening to anyone else just keep trying test it began to work after about 20 tries.

but yeah im running vista premium 32-bit , and all the drivers for the hardware are from there websites. the 4 gig's havnt never give me any problems, but that was on my list of things to try if i coulnt get it working.

my 6-year old son is now happy hes loving it , maybe one day you guys will be giving one of his FPSC games a whirl. if your thinking 6 might be a bit to young hes a super bright kid and is having no problems using FPSC. well thx for the reply and have a nice happy new year.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 11:26:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 11:26:26