Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Test Game Problems - hangs then crashes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
could any1 pls explain to me why im having problems when i press test game ? i bought this game for my son for xmas and its doesnt even seen to work ? its seems to go all the way thru to saving textures then hangs at 99% then finaly Error and FPSx10 closes ? it takes about 5mins to get too the point it crashes at also. maybe im doing something wrong i dont know ?

Ive tried just a simple room with nothing in, also ive tried those getting started pre-made lvl's.

my system stats r - gtx8800, fx-62 2.80ghz , k9n msi mobo , 4 gig corsiar, vista prem. its pritty much a fresh instal on vista with nothing else on the computer. all drivers up to date including directx10

any help would be much appreciated thx
kabuto202
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmmmmm... VISTA STRIKES AGAIN!!!
Nah i'm kidding but have you tried reinstalling your FPSX10? Also make sure you have enough memory to run it. From what I see so far it might be (But, probably not)cause of your processor. If u reinstall it and it doesn't work then I suggest emailing the support team.
Hope I helped.
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Just for fun, try setting FPS Creator X10 if it is not already, to run as an administrator. (Right click -> properties -> compatibility -> run as administrator). Also do the same on the FPSC-Game executable (C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator X10\Bin). This should not be needed but I don't really see why it would hang.

I remember during the beta it would hang on my system some times when building certain windows, but it has not done this since then.

Other than that, I would do the same as kabuto suggested by emailing support. Perhaps they have a debug/build log feature that is not known about that can help solve the problem.
Marine10 beta corp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 21:27
2 words...vista sucks

Harrison, Alijandro, Jacob, Diego, Willis, Robby, Tyler, Levi, Chris, Josh, and Ethan
Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2008 03:53
same thing here. I also have a gtx graphics card. only, this happens sometimes. I thing it hased to do with the complexity of the light maps. I miss fpsc x0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 21:17:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 21:17:33