Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / modeling from pictures??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 20:05
when working from a refrence picture do you need a front,side,top view of it i mean suppose you draw a concept drawing of the person and scan it in the computer do i need to draw all these pictures in the same proportion?
KOOLAID
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 20:52
Yes, it would be recommended for a front,back,side, and a top view.
That's all you need for your refrence pictures.

Quote: "do i need to draw all these pictures in the same proportion?"

I recommend you do go in proportion.

http://www.geocities.com/yellow1dbp/index.html?1055790955556
Let me know if you want your site to have a link on my page.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 03:09
Quote: "I recommend you do go in proportion."
That's the hard part, which is why I don't use that methiod, of course I don't use the standard methiod for drawing either.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
JAT
Years of Service
User Offline
(-:plug

In JTEdit, with the background image tool you can arbitrarily scale and transform the background image af it it were part of the scene. You can also change the lighting (i.e. make it dimmer or brighter).

John Thompson
http://www.jtgame.com/jtedit
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 04:22
scale isn't the problem, it porportion. Can you draw side view that has everything is the same place horiontally as the front? I know the arms and the neck kill me.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 05:59
yeah if your going to draw model templates/turnarounds then they must be in proportion with each other - a good way of doing this is once you make one side, find a ruler and draw lines from the main sections of interest.

for ships and top views and such you have to also do this again for both the side and front views... so that you can line up all the nessary parts right
they teach you basic technical drawing in Secondry School for Technology (or atleast they used to)

I pride myself that i don't kill...
well not without a good reason
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 19:07
Yeah I took a computer aided drafting class in High school, but the computers didn't get there til 3 weeks from graduation. So what we did insted was drafting on paper, mostly draw a top, side, and front veiw of differant objects. It's easy when you're dealing with boxes and simple objects, but try it with a human and you'll have more horisantal line than you can count.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 19:40
well you dont' line up every major detail when drawing people/organics ... you just do the major sections that MUST be lined up - suchas chin-eyes-top of the head, bottom of the ribcage, waste, crotch, knees, floor and thats all - a few light lines handles it quite well unless you want to do a top down view

but the best thing for humans/organics is to just do a side-front-back (hense the term turn-around ) you'd also often do another which is a perspective just to so you have a reference of how it should kinda look at an angle as well - as sometimes some details arn't best as precision but as a flow of the work

I pride myself that i don't kill...
well not without a good reason

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 11:23:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 11:23:56