Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / What's the point?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 23:57 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 00:46
I don't mean to sound like a jerk at all, which I probably WILL.

You create FPSC X10. [Mod Edit] Ragdoll physics, bloom, real water, and other great things. But, it's 70 slaps in the face! (Meaning $70) You do get a 30% off discount for owning FPSC, which expires in 4 days. Then, you make it for Windows Vista! Oh no, more money to pay! You also need a better graphics card, which makes sense - oh, wait: more money! Then you realize that your well-spent model packs don't work! Great. Why not just upgrade FPSC, post it up, and leave it at that. Sheesh!

Now with that said, I will get a flameproof suit and a fire extinguisher...

Good Games = Halo, Doom, Marathon, F.E.A.R., Blood, and Half Life 2!
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 00:00 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 00:02
Quote: "Then you realize that your well-spent model packs don't work!"

They're currently upgrading all model packs to work in X10, so current owners will be able to download it from their order history.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
conmon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 00:01 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 00:46
[Mod Edit]

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 00:33 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 00:47
hmmm....everything okey?

Anyway X10 is a whole completely different story.
Personally i like it they way it is now...
First! Because i can use FPSC X10...
Second! I can also play other "X10" games...Crysis, UT3 and so one.
So this isnt only because of FPSC...this is thinking ahead...
since most of the games will head over to X10...of course not now or in 2 months...but than at least i know i can run those...

And as for "all the money"...it isnt that much...
now i am not rich...or anything...but thats over reacting...
I already have updated my PC, but i am still thinking of adding other stuff to it. change it...make it better.

However i do understand if you are under the age of 16...or that all of your money goes to someone else (for example)

If not, than the money isnt any problem...

conmon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 00:40
maybe I am under 16, but what do you mean by spending on someone else? This is FPSC X10, not "someone else..."

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 00:48 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 00:54
Quote: "but what do you mean by spending on someone else? This is FPSC X10, not "someone else...""

Are you really okey?

Quote: "However i do understand if you are under the age of 16...or that all of your money goes to someone else (for example)"

Read the quote...
I said that i do understand if [ quote ]...etc...etc...and so on.

---EDIT---
Also...the "someone else" thingy was about FPSC...

---2nd EDIT---
Also...you come here yelling that they are doing this wrong and that.
And that you dont wanne be flamed.. (also noticed some Mod-edits)
Opposing Force just explained something about the model packs...
(in a normal and good way)
and all of a sudden you get all angry or such...

And if i try to say something about money usement and such...
You yell about that it doesnt have anything to do with FPSC...
Personally i think thats quite annoying and rude..
We are just trying to help...not starting a "flame-war"/

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 01:53 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 01:56
FPSC was a $50 game engine. You got what you pay for. Now X10's a $70 engine. You still get what you pay for, if not more.

Things don't always come cheap in life. Look at Torque - it's $150 (for indie developers). Does it do more? Yes. Does it cost more? Yes. Relatively speaking, FPSC is a very cheap game engine.

Vote today and play the games!
conmon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 02:56
Okay, I'm going to try this without exploding (like I've apparently been doing according to CHEESE CAKE!)

@Cheese Cake:
First of all, I didn't mean to get mad at Opposing Force. I didn't. I expressed my opinion, O.F. did not flame! I said "Thank God..." blah blah blah...

Second, I'm not yelling, I'm typing.

Third, I never said TGC did anything wrong. I implied that they could upgrade FPSC... somehow... and not have it cost 70 kicks in the butt. Grrr...

Fourth, this isn't getting anywhere.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 04:19 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 04:34
Quote: "FPSC is a very cheap game engine."

I get tied of hearing, hey it dont work, but dont complain its a cheap engine, you get what you pay for,
look at this - Free
http://sauerbraten.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html
I hope we dont have to keep hearing that excuse on price.
The packs and the people that make content are the only selling point of fpsc, well done to them that supply that, if it wasnt for that no one would really use it in any great number really.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 04:39
conmon,

TGC could update FPSC classic to include some of the things that X10 has. However there are limits to what they can do with the X9 version of FPSC for many reasons. DirectX9 is a very capable technology if the software using it is capable of equalling the potential X9 offers attaining to. FPSC Classic as is at the root is not capable of taking full advantage of Direct X9 leave alone Direct X10 and some of the benefits of Direct X10 technology can never be filtered back to X9. It is not possible. Even if it were which it is not its shelf life is now very limited. Any company must look to the future for its continued existance. It is a commercial reality that TGC cannot survive if they do not look to Direct X10 and develop for it.

If TGC is to Update X9 with some features which have existed in their portfolio of products now seen in X10 we shall I would think be extremely lucky to have that. I should think that TGC would be better off investing their time in ensuring X10 does not end up like X9 but possibly itself be improved to meet the aspirations of and deliver the game making potential which both TGC and FPSC users had for FPSC classic which in some areas at least I think it fair to say never quite materialised and almost certainly never will.

Whatever happens in the time to come, users can make use of FPSC classic while it lasts and use it to its full potential which is in terms of serious game making very limited at least as is. Even now it is unlikely that anyone thinking of serious game making would even consider purchasing FPSC classic as all else being equal it will never produce a game capable of attaining the level of expected sophistication of games that are to come yet to be produced by users of engines utilising the Direct X10 technology. New hardware technologies, Windows Vista and Direct X10 are together a leep in technology capability of an order of magnitude in PC computer game making never before seen. It is good for game making in general if not specifically for individuals here, TGC and users of their products.

The move away from the old technologies offers new opportunities for game makers which are still yet to be fully taken advantage of. The potential will not be fully realised for some time as these new technologies will yet be further expanded and improved to levels we have not seen or perhaps can not yet realise or envisage. The door is open and TGC quite rightly have taken one step through before the door closes.

Like many others here for many reasons I can not afford the new technologies but personally at least I would rather not make a game than make an inferior product with outdated technology.

Still I can watch and marvel while these new technoilogies allow others to make games which will continue to enthral millions of people myself included and I would not wish it to be any other way.

If can not make them, then I can play them and what an experience it is going to be.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say now?"
Chris Ganuza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 05:43
Geforce graphic cards (8 series) werent made exclusive for FPSCX10. Neither was Windows Vista.

CG
Chris Ganuza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 05:48
By the way, if you read your order history on any model packs, you will see a text saying "Model pack # is working on a X10 version. The model packs don't work on X10 yet.

CG
conmon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 06:42
So what you're saying, is that TGC will never stick with something, but rather unleash a flurry of new things? That they will just keep releasing things until they have "FPS Creator X57: The Even New-er engine, with Windows ADV. technology, and Direct X 57"?

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 11:24
I cant help looking at all the engines that work perfectly fine in dx9, I really wonder how it will hit their sales for dx10 fpsc, they said in the news letter they are working on localisation before putting this around publishers for a retail distribution, cant see why one would do that, you can push your product around publishers without that, it really will not make any difference on the negotiations and deal you cut.

Lee's Tip of the Month - New Money For Old Rope

Interesting title, New Money For Old Rope, its a play on money for old rope, as in selling something old and not wanted as if its something new, hope that's not a Freudian slip.

Quote: "Also, having paid for the translations yourself, you own all the IP (Intellectual Property) which comes in very handy when you are negotiating a deal for your software product."

That doesn't make any difference, there are no hard fast rules, its what you negotiate period, I cant see what localisation will have on the negotiations at all. Whats paying for the translations got to do with it or your IP, perhaps they are just looking for distribution and not a publisher, then it would help, as I see it on what deal you cut, you either have a hot product or not, if you have a hot product then you make the demands, nothing to do with a few translations, though like I say they may just want a distributor, though looking at what Lee said, he does say publisher and not distributor.

I wonder how this will fare, how big is the Vista and high end graphics card narrowing sales, publishers like broad markets, games publishers like the consoles as the PC market is small in comparison, well this is even smaller again as the tech requirements are high, I really wonder how that will impact sales, now you say, well its for the future, a future product, people will buy it in the future when they have better computers, TGC are looking ahead, yes but its to sell at retail now, say the sales are not too good now as people don't have the specs yet, will the publisher keep the product in stock in a warehouse ready for the future, the answer is no, they don't wait around, you are going to have to sell at retail now, then keep it in the shops for months or years, that doesn't happen, the shelf life for products is very short, they especially will not keep shelf space for a product that may not sell widely on initial release just in case it sells better in the future, you sell now or you are taken of the shelves, or the other option is sell now, then try and get retail space again later on, well no, if it didn't sell on initial release they don't let you have another crack at it just in case you sell better later on.

I can really see this as being a problem myself, they would of done better making a 2nd version for dx9, bigger audience, then doing a dx10 after that when the requirements are more circulated.
I'm looking forward to the next news letter with keen interest on how business moves along with dx10.

conmon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 11:44 Edited at: 29th Dec 2007 05:19
mod edit

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 12:25
Quote: "Okay, I'm going to try this without exploding (like I've apparently been doing according to CHEESE CAKE!)"

Yep...

Okey, its not a big deal...the money isnt any problem.
If you dont want X10 than dont get it...
(it surely isnt the best engine there is)

If you want something cheaper than get Darkbasic (i mean for the system requirements)
Or maybe even Torque.

Quote: "and leave it at that. Sheesh!"

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 12:40
There is nothing in FPSC X10 that cant be done in X9..

1. Particle effects & Shadows looks great in X9 (X7 as well)

2. Mirrors, Ragdoll, Refraction, shading etc.. etc..

Some boss from Microsoft said Himself that it will take years before Games will start to use the specific X10 effects, like exploding tanks or copters with extreme details..
(Im pretty sure You wont see that in FPSC X10)

Im using Visual Studio 6 C++ with X9, and I use all these effects without problems.. The framerate is over 100fps with all these effects and Im using an Nvidia 7600 and only 512Mb memory..
(Very fast even with an old Nvidia 5700LE)

So go for a real FPSC Classic update!
(And We dont have to see those skating enemys..)

"Right Man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 13:09 Edited at: 29th Dec 2007 05:20
Instead of using X10 (wich will cost money for me 'cause i don't have vista and agood X10 card), i use another game engine that cost less money.

Footsteps W.I.P
Trala'em Goes Oblivion (TES IV Mod)
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 13:15
Which?

Sorry was just wondering.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 14:46 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 15:05
Quote: "A lot of money for a couple more cool features.
New money for an old rope.
(I thought it said rape at first and I nearly fell out of my chair...lol.)"

Quote: "There is nothing in FPSC X10 that cant be done in X9.."

I agree, what on earth is in dx10 fpsc that cannot be done in dx9, you cannot say its the lighting, fpsc doesn't use light like ion other games, it just sticks a shaded texture over the level, dx10 is the same technique as dx9 fpsc, a few shaders, so what, dx9 can do shaders, instancing, not sure about that, rag doll, bloom, yep dx9 can do that, so why on earth does it need dx10, I find this so odd, I will say perhaps the water reflexion, but I don't give a damn about water in a game, and a cube map will suffice for me, anything else I just cannot see what dx10 is needed for.

If fpsc dx9 had working shaders, and the ability to have a proper number of characters in the level and normal frame rates, why would you buy dx10, that's why when I hear that features from dx10 will be ported to dx9 no way do I buy it, it would be financial suicide for dx10 sales, Ill believe that when I see it, they should of fixed dx9, released it as a new engine, added a bunch of media to it and sold that, much better financial sense, well TGC will find out sure enough.
Perhaps overhall some aspects of the engine for a version 2.
Personally I think they should of had done what cube 2 does with its extruding and cutting of cubes, only with segment shapes, have a segment editor in the game ed to make segments rather than having to make them in a 3d prog and UV map them, apply textures to them on the fly in the editor then have a button to clean up, optomise the geometry to get rig of all the excess segments, ie weld them and delete the verts while you are building it, or when you have finished the map.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 15:54
"Ill believe that when I see it, they should of fixed dx9, released it as a new engine, added a bunch of media to it and sold that, much better financial sense"

If TGC wourld make a better & faster FPSC X9 engine, then I wourldnt care if it comes with or without media...

There is thousends of free lowpoly models out there if You cant model Yourself.. Its the engine that is GOLD...

By the way X9 support instancing and water reflexion as well..
(instancing came with X9b)

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 16:56
Quote: "So what you're saying, is that TGC will never stick with something, but rather unleash a flurry of new things?"

Thats called buisness, mate.

Quote: "But, it's 70 slaps in the face!"

Lee has to eat you know!

Tyrano

Prepare for an epic battle between Good and Neutral!
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I implied that they could upgrade FPSC... somehow... and not have it cost 70 kicks in the butt. Grrr"

They will just give it some time. Talking about game engines, game consoles and other stuff they are lucky to have a life over 5 years... After the release of a new engine you now find ways patching, making the engines better and in this case develop a new engine for user to use at a very low cost. Upgrades in life dealing with anything cost money and this is now different. If a game is well though out with FPSX10 and custom content is created a good game can be created. The game engine is $70.00. Have you check others and the pricing. They are way higher than that. Go get a licence for the Doom 3 Engine... Anyway there are game engines all over the net ranging from FREE to $100,000... The bottom line is if you are using FPSX9 or FPSX10 TGC developed a program that allows non programmers to build a game from beginning to end. If you can script a bit and skin that is a bonus. That is my 2 cents...
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 18:38
Lee is a genius.
I love his work, and will continue to buy his products as long as he continues to make them.

Sorry if this sounds like I am sucking up, but it is the way I feel.

As for the answer to your question..."What's the point?"
The point is technology changes and you can either choose to stay on the cutting edge or not.
As long as we have people like Lee developing great products like FPSC X10 then we all have a choice of whether to stay on the cutting edge or continue to use X9 technologies.
Thanks again Lee and all of TGC!

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 21:00
Quote: "Lee is a genius.
to stay on the cutting edge or continue to use X9 technologies."

fpsc is made in BASIC an acronym for Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code

I thought people stopped using that in the 1980s on their zx spectrums

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 21:11
Quote: "
I thought people stopped using that in the 1980s on their zx spectrums"

Some people think that C++ or C# is for whimps. The real geniuses code in machine language. Without hex converters!

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 21:38
things to consider:

1. TGC could probably make everything fpsc x10 does into fpsc x9, but then there wouldnt be any reason to get x10, thereby they lose a crap load of money

2. The money ou spend, its an investment . thereby meaning you plan to get the money back plus more. money makes money my friend.

hello little children UUUAAHHH ARRRGG HELP ITS GOT ME AAAHHHHHHH...... BBBRRRAAAIIINNS, HUNGRY.

george oscar
Years of Service
User Offline
X9: Is pointless, terrible quality, bugs, lagging, let's face it, no normal computer can pick it up and play a game created with it, if the games don't look good, don't have ragdoll and still run slower and lower quality than an old SNES game, than whats the point.

Then we get to

X10: The quality is excellent, but wait, why for X10? When I can can get the same effects and more on a Direct X9 game and have a wider audience, because of right now, very few people are packing the power to play these games.

So why? Why can't they have what we have in X10 in a great X9 engine?

YOu tell me.
george oscar
Years of Service
User Offline
THis is what Direct X10 was made for, not for FPSC X10 which I believe is simply a money making thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nzMdPwO2Qw
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 23:09 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 23:50
What's the point? If you don't like it don't buy it, plain and simple, but I'm really getting tired of threads like this bashing X10 and I noticed something else around here most of the forum members that are constantly wining about how bad this is or that is about X10 are the ones that can't afford to upgrade there PC so they can buy it, so they go on a wining and bashing X10 frenzy, grow up and get over it.
And to all the people wining about the cost of X10 get over that as well its only $70 buck that is dirt compared to all the other game engines on the market, Beyond Virtual engine $250, Torque $150. and with those you still have to code, So please quit your wining. Lee spent countless hours working on X10 to make it what it is a great game making tool for only $70 bucks, and then Lee gets slapped in the face by some of the spoiled rotten forum members here(why won't X10 take out my trash, ( why won't X10 wash my dishes), If you don't like FPSC X9 or X10 learn how to code and make your own FPSC engine!!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 23:34
Excellent response.

Best.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 00:47
"most of the forum members that are constantly wining about how bad this is or that is about X10 are the ones that can't afford to upgrade"

I wourldnt have a single problem to buy Dell XPS or alienwares comps + a Nvidia 8800GTX, but I dont want to, Get it?

"then we all have a choice of whether to stay on the cutting edge or continue to use X9 technologies."

The X9 will be used by professionals many years from now.. And Your not using cutting edge Technologi Pal! You are using X9 features inside X10, but still You need X10 to run it.. But maybe if You wait 10 Years You might be able to use some REAL X10 effects in FPSC X10...

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 00:51 Edited at: 29th Dec 2007 00:55
Quote: "If you don't like FPSC X9 or X10 learn how to code and make your own FPSC engine!! "

Or I license one, I can get fantastic engines for under 200 USD, like about 100 UK pounds, or even get better engines than fpsc forr free, infact lots of old engines are under GPL and users have updated them giving them modern graphic features.

like I said, the only reason to use fpsc is the packs and the user content period, Ill tell you straight, if it wasnt for the packs and the user content, no one would use fpsc, if they was in any other engine, any other at all, id be over there using it, why else would you use fpsc if it wasnt for these, id sure like to hear it.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 01:16
Many good engines are even free, remember that.. And if You pay for an engine You expect something really extra! Thats why I was disappointed when X10 was released.. First of all lets see if that sliding problem will be fixed and the scaling option as well, if that happends I might give X10 a chanse, but never as it looks today!!

conmon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 08:18
@chupa cabra,
Okay, we bash X10 because... well, it's pointless! Now, why did they make Doom 2? Different level setup, some more monsters, and a Super Shotgun. That is like X10. X9: yeah, you know. Plenty of features. X10: Underwater effects, allies, and the chugshot and such.

FPSFREE.com: Underwater script effect for X9, fine explosive barrels, and more things that you could shake a stick at.

You see where I'm getting at?

(I'm praying that this doesn't get mod-edited yet again.)

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 02:19 Edited at: 30th Dec 2007 02:20
yea, but to play doom 2 you didnt need a whole new computer.

Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 03:05 Edited at: 30th Dec 2007 03:25
I remember having to upgrade my computer so I could play Doom 3 a few years back though. I had to fork out $250 back then for a ATI 9800 pro X9 video card and $70 for a 450 watt power supply just so I could run the card.
Upgrading is a never-ending way of life in the world of computers in a few years from now all the new computers being sold will be running some other reincarnation of windows made by Microsoft and all the new cool software program will be written for that new Microsoft Windows so you are forced to upgrade or fall behind in obscurity and anybody that has been working with computers for a few years already knows this fact.
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 03:26
Quote: "I remember having to upgrade my computer so I could play Doom 3 a few years back though. I had to fork out $250 back then for a ATI 9800 pro X9 video card and $70 for a 450 watt power supply just so I could run the card"

dang, i just popped the disk in and started playing

conmon: dont be dissin x10 until you can do something better with x9. talk is cheap. you want people to take your side? try puttin yo "skill" where your mouth is, meat. by the way hope you had a merry Christmas!

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

conmon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 07:32
"Hey!"
"What?"
"I just got FPS Creator... DX10!!!"
"Cool! Do you have Vista? Or that graphics card thingy it needs?"
"... graphics... card... Vista... oh piece of crap!"
( lunges at other person, tackling him... )

Black Rebel Heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 09:46 Edited at: 30th Dec 2007 09:56
Most of this topic is tl;dr and you are looking at a b7. But i can tell that you think FPS creator x10 is a ripoff. Not true. Sure, it doesn't include any new stock media, and the existing x9 model packs aren't compatible, but it does have some impressive effects
(see: ragdolls ).

It's a flexible and easy to use engine/game building environment that TGC worked hard on. It's not simple to make your own models and script your own games. And if you don't like it, don't buy it. Complaining about it will get you no-where, and a ban. 70 dollars may be a little steep, i agree, but in the end you get an impressive package with impressive effects

http://z11.invisionfree.com/GameSpace/ <<Join my forum kthnxbye
conmon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 10:33
Quote: "try puttin yo "skill" where your mouth is, meat."

Whoa, Chees Hed, which gangsta is using your forum account? LOL!

conmon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 10:38
Guys? I need some backup! I'm losing!

Meh, it a lose-lose/win-win arguement.

Also, I'm not complaining, I'm merely... uh... aw, great... I, uh... was... merely... discussing! Aha! That's it! I was discussing!

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 13:17
I think you'll find you're breaking the AUP.

3.1:
Quote: "3.1 Do not upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy (up to, but not excluding any address, email, phone number, or any other contact information without the written consent of the owner of such information), hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable"

3.11:
Quote: "3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present."

and possibly 3.12:
Quote: "3.12 We do not tolerate 'trolling', the process of posting inflamatory messages for the sake of starting an argument, or being plain obnoxious."

Sudoku arts, the rabi and Nancy DrewG
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 13:23
Quote: "It's a flexible and easy to use engine/game building environment that TGC worked hard on. It's not simple to make your own models and script your own games. And if you don't like it, don't buy it. Complaining about it will get you no-where, and a ban."

Well said! and i completely agree with that!

I dont see the point of this thread...
You are just bashing X10...and it will get you no where..
What did you expect? a free copy of X10 or a award for telling the "truth"?

If you hate X10 that much, why dont you just quit this thread...start on a different engine...
and continue complaining over there?

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 13:47
Yo guys wizard is back
To X9 users sticking around to see what happens to X9 you will be sorry that you didn't upgrade to X10 when you had the chance.Because next on Lee's little list of things todo will be DBPro X10

So you will be lucky to see any new updates late next year if you ever do.

Lee would have the right to stop X9 any time he feels like it be careful what you wish for.If that happens what are you going to do complain some more and loose more development time and go around in more circles because you refuse to advance with the rest of the world....

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Like many others here for many reasons I can not afford the new technologies but personally at least I would rather not make a game than make an inferior product with outdated technology.

Still I can watch and marvel while these new technoilogies allow others to make games which will continue to enthral millions of people myself included and I would not wish it to be any other way.

If can not make them, then I can play them and what an experience it is going to be. "

@uman - does this mean fpscx10 games can be played on x9, or do you mean your system can play x10 games, just a bit dated?

Quote: "TGC could probably make everything fpsc x10 does into fpsc x9, but then there wouldnt be any reason to get x10, thereby they lose a crap load of money"

@chees hed - interesting point.

Quote: "DBPro X10"
Quote: "So you will be lucky to see any new updates late next year if you ever do."

@wizard of id - thanks for your point of view. I will take that into account.

Good thing for Urlforce and Lee passing it. Pitty ulrforce's x9 work was treated the way it was to some extent here.

On x10, I just had a thought.
To those x10 users/or users to be thinking about making a commercial/sale game... The way I see it, if your planning to use chars that come with x10, the first game released will possible be the best rated (graphics wise etc) any others using the same or similar content will probaly not rate as high on the public market. This is kinda commonsense i guess, however if I was doing a x10 game for sale with included chars I would hope to be the first person or team with a release thats for sure.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 23:55 Edited at: 31st Dec 2007 03:58
Quote: " Sure, it doesn't include any new stock media"

yes it does

Quote: "the existing x9 model packs aren't compatible"

TGC is working on it.

Quote: "Whoa, Chees Hed, which gangsta is using your forum account? LOL!"

50 cent, ludacris, eminem, even soulja boy every once ina while. no just kiddin, i dont make allmy money on fpsc games. im not a famous rappa, except all the several thousand people at my school.

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

MLLamble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 06:54
While I share some complaints, and have a few of my own, nobody's forcing anyone to buy it...
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 13:40
Look, conmon.......

You want FPSC X10, buy it, make some games and make a showcase about them........

If you don't want to buy it, log out and go play Halo3 or something, X10 isn't about getting more entities, it's not another model pack, it's about features like ragdolls, advanced physics, shaders that work.......etc,etc.

I don't have an X10 compatible card, or Vista.....

Just me and my faithful XP computer that'll never be able to handle FPSC X10, I'd love to get it, but i can't and you don't see me complaining,(or half the people on these boards).......

So shut up and log out, please!

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 18:15
nicely said coffee grunt

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 01:17:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 01:17:04