Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / My new FPSC X10 Character

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 22:37 Edited at: 29th Dec 2007 16:44
Whats up everyone? I just decided to create a thread to show my new character I made for FPSC X10. It's actually just a retexture of the original FPSC character "thug". Here is the screenshot:

OK, I put the installer up onto the internet. Here's a link to the FPSC X10 Media page on my website if anyone wants to buy it for $1.00 USD. :CLICK HERE:

Tell me if you want more textures because I'll be happy to make a few more.

Thanks and Happy Game Making,
-Brian

Attachments

Login to view attachments
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 02:31
please dont charge.

hello little children UUUAAHHH ARRRGG HELP ITS GOT ME AAAHHHHHHH...... BBBRRRAAAIIINNS, HUNGRY.

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, so heres a video of the terrorist character in action. Just click :HERE: to watch the movie on Youtube.

Any suggestions, questions, comments, or concerns are welcome.

-Brian

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
His hands look weird, but he looks great in the video. What is his movement like?
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 03:27 Edited at: 29th Dec 2007 03:28
Well, he is actually just the stock thug, just retextured, so he walks just like any of the other FPSC gang. I agree with the hands because they almost look like mittens. Well, you never know, but maybe the terrorist has cold hands, lol. Thanks for the comment,

-Brian

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 09:36
Dude, how did you get a scope-less Commando!? Did you make that? My dream was to have someone release a scope-less version of the stock Commando lol!

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 12:38
Quote: "...I was thinking of selling the texture... "

...I don't think you'll get many takers. All due respect, but you haven't really done anything that couldn't be duplicated with mimimal effort in Photoshop. It's a good treatment, but probably not worth purchasing.

Own It, Or Get Owned...
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 13:55
Is he actually shaded? He doesn`t look like!

Its my Freedom, Its my Duty, Its my War!
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 15:30
like Seth said. but still this is great and i'd love to have it ( just not pay for it ) and id also like to see what else you can do. let us know when this is realeased.

hello little children UUUAAHHH ARRRGG HELP ITS GOT ME AAAHHHHHHH...... BBBRRRAAAIIINNS, HUNGRY.

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 16:00 Edited at: 29th Dec 2007 18:57
@ Snipesoul,

Actually, if you look in the commando section of the gamecore folder of your FPSC X10 directory, you will see that there is a file named HUDnoscope.x. You have to rename the original HUD.x to something else, then rename the HUDnoscope.x to HUD.x. This will get rid of the scope on the commando model. Then you can go into the .fpe of the commando and take away the actual zooming feature from the weapon.

@ Seth Black,
Hey man, thanks for your suggestion. Yeah, I wasn't to sure if anyone would just buy one character for around 1 dollar, so I decided I will keep practicing, make a few more retextures and models, and then I'll put together a little pack for everyone. If everyone is cool with a little modernday pack to add on to there collection with at least 5 or so characters and a couple models, then I'll get started right away.

@ Wolf,
If your talking about the shaders on my character, yes he does have them because it is still the original thug character, just a new texture.

Well, I just threw up the character onto paypal. If any really wants this model and has an extra dollar (.5 pound) lying around, click the "Buy Now" button in the first post.

-Brian

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 01:55
can you make some for free? wait....

is photoshop free?
where can i get it?

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 16:05
Quote: "is photoshop free?"

Nope it isnt free...but if you want to buy it...its a great tool!
Use it myself and i still learn different methods for better results.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 16:55
thanks cheese cake. how much is it? ( US dollars please ) because since i cant make new models, rig and animate, etc. i could just retexture what i already have. and no i wont be realeasing them because i dont want 15 other games looking like mine. i might make some for the public ( and they will be free ) but if it is cheap enough, i might find some use i it also.

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 19:08
@chees hed: You can get Elements for about $80 (Elements is the 'lite' version), or go all the way and get CS3 for $600. Elements works fine for me, as I don't really need all the extra features of CS3.

MS

AMD 4800+ (2.5GHz dual core), 3GB RAM (667 MHz), 320GB HD (7200 RPM), EVGA 8800GT Superclocked, HP 22" Widescreen LCD, Vista Home Premium
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 19:51
@chees hed,

If you need some texturing done, I might be able to donate some help on a couple of easy treatments. Something more substantial, we'd need to discuss compensation, but it would be very reasonable.

Drop me a line HarshGamesInc@aol.com, if you have an interest.

Thanks,

Seth Black

Own It, Or Get Owned...
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 20:02 Edited at: 30th Dec 2007 20:59
Nice first go at making a character using a re-texture.
My first unique character was a re-textured thug.
It's always easier to retexture than to create a new mesh.

Quote: "is photoshop free?"

I use Paint.NET because it is FREE and can handle DDS files too.
It can also handle Layers and Opacity adjustments so you can pull off ghosting and other effects like semi-transparent HUDs.
It is even open source! (written in C# with a little C++)

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 21:24
thanks for your offer seth. uh, i have no e-mail, not yet and not for a week or so. but just so you know i am interested and your help would without a doubt be appreciated. i only have about 3 or 4 textures i need. i dont have fpsc x10 yet but according to my reasoning ( whatever is left ) it should arrive in about 4 or 5 days.

A13X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 00:38
I'm fairly new to FPSC x10 and I was wondering how do you retexture models? Can someone please tell me or reffer me to a guide, thanx.

BTW is it that hard to do? Someone said that the terrorist it's just a basic retexture but it looks pretty pro to me. I'd be prepared to buy that but I want to have a go at retexturing myself to see if I could do it first.

Great model tho IMO well done!
i need help
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice this is the kinda stuff i wanna learn what program did you use to create that?

Amd Athlon dual core 4400+,2 gig ram DDR2,Nvidia 8600GT...
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 15:09
it doesnt really look like it was retextured from the thug

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 22:06
Quote: "...thanks for your offer seth. uh, i have no e-mail, not yet and not for a week or so. but just so you know i am interested and your help would without a doubt be appreciated. i only have about 3 or 4 textures i need..."

...you're welcome, chees hed. When you have email, please drop me a line with the particulars. I'm sure I can help you out, with some textures.

Widow 13 - Coming Spring 2008
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 04:24
This doesn't qualify as a distributable re texture because some of the original texture is still there, the eyes.

A13X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 10:19
Nice character, looks a lot like one of the origional CS characters. No offense but his hands look a bit weird, but still, the overall character is pretty awsome. After watching your vid, my only comment would be to try and make a few more terrorists, but only slightly varying the model. For example, one could have hs sleeves rolled up, another could be wearing a bandana, maybe one with a tattoo, just to make the enemies more interesting. Good work anyway though.

BTW, can anyone provide a link to a guide on how to retexture? It seems a great way to make your own origional characters based on one of the existing FPSC ones. Thanks a lot if you can.
Skeptis
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you selling the model and the texture? because you can only sell the texture legally... any also it has to be completely made from scratch i think u cant have just recolored the texture of the thug, not sure though

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 06:32:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 06:32:57