Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Bsp on the downlow.......

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
}:> Well.. Here it goes I started making this lil first person shooter that included my friends and I as the players... Sooo i start making it and i get it going pretty well then I come to the part where i need to get the maps going good...So i start playing around with Darkbasic trying to get it to work good with maps...well all i got was low frame rates and horible collision...So I saw DBPRO!!!! BSP MAPS can be loaded up and collision is a cinch...So I orderd it imitaly and i downloaded the demo for in the mean time...WEELLL.... Bsp is the devil... I have spent 3 days on how to make bsp maps with out having to be able to fly the space crafts from Nasa and still no simple way. Can any one just tell me if there is a Plugin for max that converts to bsp or a File converter I really dont like using the worldcraft tools to create my maps i cant get them goin right.. If any one has any news on Bsp made easy please please post them im sure that alot of other ppl need help to...
Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2003 18:25
Stop being lazy!! Half the fun is fiddling around with software trying to get it to do what you want! It's pretty easy to do this:

I did that last night in DBPro4.1 and Quarke - collision is iffy though. I'm going to look into making a better FPS framework.

I use Quarke 6.4, compile the BSP. copy the textures and the BSP into pk3 file (a .zip file -renamed as a .pk3) then use the LOAD BSP command...voila! Yeah, it takes a little time to get used to but BSP is a special format that works out what you can see whereever you are on the map and draws nothing else, so it runs very fast. 3dsMax is modeling using entirely different principles, so there probably isn't a convertor. GMax does it but the tools are changed to BSP ones...so you may as well use Quarke.

Dual athlon 2000 MP - 1GB ram
There is no point to the universe,
But you CAN imagine there is one...If it makes you feel better
Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2003 18:27
CartShop 3.0 is looking pretty nifty too, might get it when it comes out. You can model details in other 3d software and import it in....

Dual athlon 2000 MP - 1GB ram
There is no point to the universe,
But you CAN imagine there is one...If it makes you feel better

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:07:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:07:38