Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Problem with zombie enemies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I'm having this problem with my zombie enemies, I was someone had an answer.

In X9, if you remember, the zombies used to chase you and have a cool zombie walk and what not, but now, my zombie simply stands still and will not chase me. It only attacks when I walk right up next to it.

Anyone know of a good script to use that will make it chase me?
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 22:43
i noticed that, but players will be so curious why they arent chasing them they will walk right next to them anyways. i think you might have them too close to the wall, try moving them away or somethin

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 01:00 Edited at: 4th Jan 2008 01:00
Quote: "the zombies used to chase you and have a cool zombie walk "

I'm guessing you're referring to the ones from Model Pack 4, right?

X10 uses a different method (DarkAi) for controlling character movement, so at the moment those zombie characters won't function correctly. I think this is going to fixed in an update pretty soon.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 03:08
Quote: "pretty soon."

or later, but i am not in a huge hurry

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 08:44
Can someone try putting a mp4 zombie script into the cyblob's main AI script and see if it works well?

Snipe to Success
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Can someone try putting a mp4 zombie script into the cyblob's main AI script and see if it works well?"

I can tell you right now, it won't.

Wait until after my egyptian pack is released, then I'll have a special Cyblob surprise for you.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 01:14
when is it realeased?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Middle of january - probably in a week or two.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 04:28
thats awesome i love those zombie/mummy guys.

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 06:25
See this is what I dont understand, they release a product, saying it will be cool and awesome(which it probably is) but its only half done, this is like the third thing that I have read about something not working because its not done, wait for an update.

People just paid $80 and you say wait its not done, come on TGC, ive about had it.

Oh by the way I am not directing this at any TGC members, I didnt want bond1 to seem like I was talking to him or something.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 15:12
its $70/$50 ( if you have old fpsc or not )
Quote: "People just paid $80 "

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 18:36
Quote: "but its only half done, this is like the third thing that I have read about something not working because its not done"

Most major software products have updates and patches. Would you say they are not done? No software goes to market with zero defects. Unless you want to sell a copy of "Hello World!"

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 02:15
Quote: "Quote: "but its only half done, this is like the third thing that I have read about something not working because its not done"

Most major software products have updates and patches. Would you say they are not done? No software goes to market with zero defects. Unless you want to sell a copy of "Hello World!"
"

theres a difference between minor problems and minor updates, versus not being able to use one of the most reknown things in fps gaming, this problem should have been filtered out first, because if it doesnt move at all, then you would think that tgc would have noticed that during i dont know, a thorough test. unless tgc just threw in all the media in x10 and gave it no test to make sure everything works right... that would be shannagins...right?

Quote: "See this is what I dont understand, they release a product, saying it will be cool and awesome(which it probably is) but its only half done, this is like the third thing that I have read about something not working because its not done, wait for an update.

People just paid $80 and you say wait its not done, come on TGC, ive about had it.

Oh by the way I am not directing this at any TGC members, I didnt want bond1 to seem like I was talking to him or something.
"

i entirely agree.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
george oscar
Years of Service
User Offline
So we will be getting a zombie script mid january right?
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 01:29
Quote: "theres a difference between minor problems and minor updates, versus not being able to use one of the most reknown things in fps gaming, this problem should have been filtered out first, because if it doesnt move at all, then you would think that tgc would have noticed that during i dont know, a thorough test. unless tgc just threw in all the media in x10 and gave it no test to make sure everything works right... that would be shannagins...right?"

I just made a quick level, threw some zombies in it, and they came across the floor right for me and started attacking me.

I'm not saying that people aren't having problems, but there's a big difference between a few folks having problems vs a product that is missing a feature.

So you can't call shenanigans yet!

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 03:29
Oooh, ok i recall my shenanigans, from the sounds of the thread i thought everyone was having the problem >,< my fault

Death has no end
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 05:29 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 05:33
I think everyone is getting confused about which zombies are being referred to here:

The stock zombies included with X10 should work fine, they use the default generic melee attack that X10 uses - which is the grenade throwing animation. This is the generic melee that X10 uses for unarmed characters that sre set as an enemy. It is hard-coded into X10 and doesn't use any custom script.

Now the Model Pack 4 zombies, which uses custom scripts and new animations, won't work in X10, YET.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 06:11
Then it's not a bug at all. They said that they'd be upgrading the MP's. So I wouldn't expect them to be perfect yet.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 19:48
hey hey ho hey, i understand now, lol. yea i was assuming it was stock. thats not a bug, thats just something that hasnt been updated yet

Death has no end
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 01:00
I'd like to know how people get so worked up about $50 or $70 bucks. Torques $150 and in general I'm actually rather disappointed with it (so many BASIC FPS features need to be done yourself, usually with the engine source!). Be happy FPSC's cheap.

Vote today and play the games!
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 19:34 Edited at: 14th Jan 2008 19:35
Quote: "I'd like to know how people get so worked up about $50 or $70 bucks. Torques $150 and in general I'm actually rather disappointed with it (so many BASIC FPS features need to be done yourself, usually with the engine source!). Be happy FPSC's cheap."

wtf? are you serious right now? How people can get worked up about 50-70$
that right there, made me lose all the respect i had for you Airslide.
it really made you sound like a rich stuck up jerk. im sorry if 50$ is worth more to other people then you, since your all high and mighty and make it sound like chump change.

Death has no end
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 19:50
Eh, 50-70$ Isn't alot in my opinion either. If you compare FPSC X10 to alot of other engines.(They have more features and everything yes, but also cost 10x as much)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 11:10:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 11:10:20