Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z28 ,, modelling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey , im pretty new to 3d modeling , . im making a 3d racing game with my favorites cars , ive started to model one in milkshape ,.
ive used the audi tt tutorial that in the milkshape3d web . this is a screen shot of the side

is that good ?? , what is the black stuff on it , in the tutorial its smooth silver ? , i shuld worry and start all over again or that after the texturing it will be disappeard .?? , plz if u can help post a msg
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks like you haven't UVMapped the model. You need Lithunwrap or UVMapper, then don't forget to save the model with it's new UV maps added.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 19:00
Those black spot are back faces, the wrong side of the face. If you try to texture it now, on all the faces that are black the texture will be backwards. It looks like it might be quicker to start over than fit it. This time right click the persective window and click Flat Shaded. Now when ever you make a face that is black, press Ctrl+Shift+F while it's still is highlighted, that'll fix it.

Actarus should be here any moment to say Wing3D is better, but that won't help you on your car, now will it?

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
FiShFuN4eVeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 19:11
LOL

If good programmer()=1 then print "Finaly I get to the top "
RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
there is no way to fix it now ?
i need to start all over again ?

RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
k nevermind ! ill remake it ! thanks for all the help

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 19:35
currently you don't really have enough to comment upon ... perhaps once you have a little more done it would be easier - although to be honest the Psionic Audii tutorial is not one of the better tutorials for developing cars (the Ferrari one isn't much of an improvement either)

i'd suggest setting vertex at the major points of the vehicals outline for both side & top (or side & front) - and it might seem odd but the best place to start a car is the bonnet and work backwards & downwards. You'll find once you've done the top of a car the hardest part of it is oftenly done and the rest is a simple case of an extrude of the lower then little vertex repositioning.

I pride myself that i don't kill...
well not without a good reason
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 19:40
LOL@Arrow

When you make your faces >> make sure that you click on the verts in an "anti-clockwise" direction.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2003 16:23
You'll have that pleasure on monday,I don't spend all my time around here during week-ends plus I know it's gonna take a long time to convince simple that 4 features againt 100 is enough to make a software better...

That is if his thick head lets even one information through his unique braincell haha

Modeling Tip of the Week:The more details you put on a model,the more you will learn from it!

If I've seen it all before,why's this bus taking me back again?
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 00:34
@Simple: Yeah I know, but I hate changing the views so offen I'll be making faces for the backside just as much as the front, so I have to reverse the vertex order alot. But, yeah, with RisTar's model, do what simple said.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 05:36
ya know to me it looks more like he hasn't turned Backfaces off and the Normal Group is all 1, there might be 1 or 2 faces not the right way however there is no way to honestly tell between that and a bad normalisation until they're display is turned off.

i still think more needs to be done before you can have any real comments on it.

(^_^) hey Act, it isn't the number of tools you have its the way you use them - i bet most here think that Milkshape has bugger all tools yet in reality i'd wager most don't even know how many it actually has.

I pride myself that i don't kill...
well not without a good reason

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:08:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:08:00