Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Patrol Area Script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 01:47
Has anyone been able to get your enemy characters to actually "Patrol Area" using that AI script? By default, that is what they are set to do, but they always just stand in the spot you put them. Am I missing something? Is there a way to get them to patrol the area?

Thanks,

http://www.OTSsoftware.com
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 02:20
Try using waypoints. There the best way to make it look like people are patroling.

BOOM!!!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
OTS Software I
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 02:41
I have used waypoints but they didn't follow them either. Maybe I have missed a step with the waypoints. I thought you just put the waypoints down and enemies would follow them, but it doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something with waypoints?

Thanks again,

http://www.OTSsoftware.com
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 03:36 Edited at: 11th Jan 2008 03:42
Quote: "I thought you just put the waypoints down and enemies would follow them, but it doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something with waypoints?"

The ONLY way waypoints seem to work right now is if you set the character to neutral and set all of the DarkAI triggers to "no action". It basically turns the character into a piece of walking piece of scenery. At least for now, it's quite a bit different than how X9 works.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 03:44
Do you think you can try doing another scripting experiment: Putting the follow.fpi script from X9 into the X10 character's main AI script and see if it works?

Snipe to Success

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 11:20:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 11:20:05