Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / crates dissapearing when placing entities on top of them

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 23:28
I'm having a strange issue in X10 right now where if I place a crate in my level and put something like a weapon on top of it then the crate will dissapear leaving just the weapon floating in mid air upon testing the game. I've tried making the crate a static entity and setting it to ignore physics and making it invulnerable but no luck so far.

Has anyone else encountered this and if so do you know of a fix? Thanks.

---------------
Michael Rogers
Xsniper.net
nj18
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 04:25
is it a custom entity?

Support our troops!
Tochiro GE999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 20:30
Nope, standard entities like weapons or ammo. I did manage to fix the problem by setting the crate's strength property to 0, turning off physics on the crate and clearing out it's destroy script property.

Seems like quite a series of steps to have to take though to allow other entities to rest upon the crate. And of course the crate is now static so it can't be interacted with in the environment anymore.

Attached is a screenshot of the static crate with blaster and ammo entities on top of it.

---------------
Michael Rogers
Xsniper.net

Attachments

Login to view attachments
nj18
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 22:22 Edited at: 13th Jan 2008 21:18
yes it is weird but maybe they will fix it in a update, I have not had the problem.

Support our troops!
OTS Software I
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 00:29
I haven't noticed a problem with weapons, but I did put a keyboard and a cup on a dynamic PC display, and it wouldn't appear. It doesn't appear that dynamic objects are good for setting things on.

http://www.OTSsoftware.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 08:17:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 08:17:20