Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Several Questions regarding FPSCX10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 08:30
Hello, firstly before I finally buy PFSCX10 I have a few questions I would like answered. They will not have an impact on whether I buy this product but would give me a development advantage.

- Can I create a map in a 3rd Party Editor such as UnrealEd and import it into FPSC? Or export models from FPSC into UnrealEd and code a game from scratch?

- Can I plug in a PS3 Controller (with the appropriate drivers installed) or a Xbox 360 PC Controller so that I can use it to control my game when testing and when it is completed? and how feasible would this be and would it take a lot of coding?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Argothar (eaglewings)
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 16:52
no

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
Eagle Wings
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 17:07
So none of these things would be possible?
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 17:46
Quote: "- Can I create a map in a 3rd Party Editor such as UnrealEd and import it into FPSC? Or export models from FPSC into UnrealEd and code a game from scratch?"

If you like to do alot of converting, yes.

Quote: "- Can I plug in a PS3 Controller (with the appropriate drivers installed) or a Xbox 360 PC Controller so that I can use it to control my game when testing and when it is completed? and how feasible would this be and would it take a lot of coding? "

Possible, with a program that makes the PC think the PS3 controller is the keyboard.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 22:34
1. I doubt it. Maybe. But it would have to be a static entity to work.
2. But then it would be for your whole comp. Email would be great fun.

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
Eagle Wings
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 22:49
Thanks for help.
Although, I can get my PS3 controller to work on my PC fine, it only controls gamesa and when you switch it on xD. I wanted to know whether FPSCX10 could be controlled by a controller.
Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 12:24
Quote: "I wanted to know whether FPSCX10 could be controlled by a controller. "

I don't think it's ever been done before, not that I've seen anyway, but good luck, and enjoy using it if you buy it.

-Shadow Blade

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 15:18
Since X10 isn't looking for a game controller. Your game controller software/driver would have to have the ability to map controls to key strokes and the mouse. Vista does have a game controller utility in the control panel. However it may not do much more than list installed drivers.

If you don't have X10, you can't tell me this is the reason that getting it hinges on? So you should just get it and then try to work it out. You may even find that configuration/settings for another game will work with X10.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 00:00
Quote: "Although, I can get my PS3 controller to work on my PC fine, it only controls gamesa and when you switch it on xD. I wanted to know whether FPSCX10 could be controlled by a controller."

Well, theres a program that lets you assign keys to buttons so in theory if you can have all the game controlls just enough to fit a controller its very possible

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Whirlwind
Years of Service
User Offline
Wait, X10 still doesn't support custom keyboard configurations? This feature was promised in x9 a long time ago.
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
what do you mean customer keyboard configurations :S

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 02:46:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 02:46:59