Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / ErdaX 3D Solar System Screen Saver

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I recently completed a screen saver for my ErdaX project. This software was programed using DarkBasic Pro with a C# front end for the settings control panel. The screen saver is free to download from my ErdaX site - http://www.erdax.com and I welcome any feedback offered.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Choccy monster
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded your screensaver to try it out.

I didn't follow the screensaver instructions but instead decided to just run the demo.

The pace of the demo is very slow but is quite relaxing as a result.

I thought the visuals were ok, nothing really spectacular but not by any means bad. It's a pity the pixelation happens when closely approaching planets, but i know thats just down to texture resolution.

What i really thought the demo needed was some sound or music. I would have loved to hear a decent rendition of The Blue Danube, from Elite or 2001, but thats just my personal preference.

As a screensave i can see this working quite well but it didn't really hold my attention for long enough to sit all the way through.

A choc a day keeps the doctor away
ckain
Years of Service
User Offline
Choccy monster,

Thanks for your feedback, I can appreciate how sitting and watching an endless series of randomly generated flight paths could easily get boring. It is a shame you didn't install the screen saver as the install provides controls for adjusting the pace of the program as well as adjustments to lighting. I've found the lighting control to be especially important for obtaining decent visual quality from computer to computer. I might look at adding sound to a future version but personally have always turned the sound options off on all my screen savers - so it was not a high priority.
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 05:14
i think the world you are working on is cool. keep it up, im interested in the upcoming exploration software especially. will i get to explore the cities you have drawn? when do you think your first exploration program will be posted?
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 05:37 Edited at: 27th Jan 2008 05:46
by the way, when i try to install this it says i dont have the required .NET framework version

edit.. nevermind, just saw that dotnet file :/

works, looks good
ckain
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Qwe, there's a tremendous amount of work to be done yet and I've barely scratched the surface - life keeps getting in the way. I'll have more to post in the upcoming months for sure but the next piece of working software will probably be around fall...sorry. In the meantime I'll be slowly filling in the other areas of the site.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 22:18:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 22:18:53