Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Styx issues - conflicting command names

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 00:19
This is really directed at empty, but he has no contact information and his contact info isn't listed at http://www.playbasic.underwaredesign.com/ either, which is listed as his homepage.

I just bought Styx and it's great, but one of the commands conflicts with an existing command from IanM's DLL, trim$. I want to use IanM's version of this command as it is a bit more flexible, but I can't edit the string tables of the Styx plugin. I had to change the name of IanM's command, which will require me to change every instance of it in my code (which is a lot). Can you provide a version of your DLL in which the string tables can be edited?

Come see the WIP!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 00:26
I have the same problem. I took the long road around and just renamed IanM's but it would be nice to change STYX instead since IanM's has been around forever and I am still running into having to change some now and again.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 20:28
I have the same issue. I deal with saying OK at the message box that pops up EVERY time I compile.
I wish everyone would preceed their command names with some sort of indicator of what plugin they are from. For example, all EZrotate commands start with EZro_. All Enhanced Animation commands start with EnAn_. This really helps prevent issues like this!

a.k.a WOLF!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 22:24
Yeah, I precede all of my own DLL commands with 'CC_', it really eliminates the possibility of any problems.

The thing with the Trim$ command is that my project it wouldn't even compile for me until I changed the command name. Now I have I_Trim$, which looks ugly for the version of the command that I want to use. The big problem is that the two commands function differently, so if I don't change Trim$ to I_Trim$ before I compile an older project then it just won't work right and I'll never know..

Come see the WIP!
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Just throw it into a hex exitor and change the string to something else.

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

http://3dfolio.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:10:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:10:51