Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Dark basic... not happy with modifiers.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone, I need help. As part of a game me and my buddy are making,I made a portal in 3dsmax. I used a noise modifier to make it "ripple". Dark basic ( not pro version) dies at the site of it, and refuses to load anything. I gather this is because it doesn't like modifers. If i collapse the stack, the animation is lost. Can anyone help me find a way around this or suggest a better option?

Thanks
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
DBC doesn't support mesh deformation, and a noise modifier essentially deforms your mesh.

I tried doing it a long time ago with a wave, its a no go. if you want, just animate the texture on the portal.

With some slick texture mapping you can hook the portal up in no time.

AIPX Rocks
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 08:31
There is a way to achieve exporting these however no one has done it yet ... or rather noone released. There was about 5 of us working on Mesh Deformation & Skeletons for DarkBasic Enhanced before Professional was released, but we kept getting told that Pro was going to be released soon and with the amount of people who said they were going to convert to the new DBP along with being told there would be 100% native Mesh Deformation & Skeletal Animations within it, it was figured what was the point and we stuffed the projects into backup drives.

Now one way to do it would be to export each frame as a seperate file & use a memblock to play it... utilise the file commands to your advantage to achieve what you want

I pride myself that i don't kill...
well not without a good reason

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:14:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:14:53