Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / how do i uninstall?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 01:46
i hoped to l;ike fpsc x10, but i cant. ever since i got it it screwed my computer competely! it made my internet slow, ruined my games, i cant even test my game or play others or it will crash and nearly blow up, everything is 50% as fast as it used to be. so i bid a fond farewell to the fun i used to have with fpsc and fpsc x10, but i cant take it anymore. no one try to convince me to look up the problem, i have, no solution. unfortunately my inly option: to erase fpsc x10 from my computer and never take it back, unless there comes a way to stop it from screwing my computer. yes i have e-mailed customer support, yes everything else, i just want to know how i can get it off so i can enjoy internet, vista, and crysis again. i probably wont be coming to the forums that often either since i have no reason. dont talk me out of it, just tell me how to get rid of it. bye bye

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 01:54 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2008 01:54
Sorry to hear about your problems. However, I highly doubt your computer problems are from FPS Creator X10. Have you tried running SpyBot, or Lavasoft Adaware?

Anyway to uninstall FPS Creator you just need to use the Windows Uninstall tool from the control panel (see screen shot.)

in that list you will find FPS Creator X10.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 01:56 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2008 02:01
Quote: " I highly doubt your computer problems are from FPS Creator X10"

well i only had problems AFTER i got fpsc x10, but thanks for showing me how.

EDIT: it wont let me uninstall GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OOOFFFF! ugh, i just want to get rid of it!

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 06:39
You could have got a virus after you installed it you know...

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.
Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 14:18
How is it possible that a programm when you don't run it it ruins your computer? I mean you could say that you can't enjoy vista while in X10
but when not, why should it have problems? It's just not logical...

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
thpoul
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm really sorry you are having such problems with x10. I haven't received it yet and I hope I won't having any similar problems with you.

For your problem make sure you check http://www.glarysoft.com/absolute-uninstaller/

CPU: Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz (Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme) - MOBO: ASUS P5K Premium Wi/fi
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640mb eXtreme - RAM: 2x1gb OCZ Pc2-6400 DDR2-800 Platinum Rev2 CL4
3Dmark06: 15652marks
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 15:41
If it effects the system even when it's not running. It's clearly the drivers or something else. Be that as it may, you can go the hack way and just delete the directory. Then delete registry references. And on Vista don't forget about that Virtual Store directory. It's going to have a copy of a few X10 items.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
MLLamble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 16:29
I seriously doubt that it's X10 causing all these problems for you. You may subconsciously be looking for a reason to get rid of it, since you don't want to have spent all that money and then just delete it.
griffx
Years of Service
User Offline
it gave me a bunch of problems too.

use system restore.

don't give up, after i did a system restore and reinstall, it started working again.

i think the latest windows security updates caused me a problem, i turned off windows update after that!

quad core, 8800gts w/ 640 dedicated plus 1gb shares, 1TB, ok i guess . . .
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2008 00:39
Quote: "i turned off windows update after that!"

I hate Windows Update.

Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2008 03:50
windows update sucks. always has. except when some games require a new windows update....hellgate london made me update

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ w/ HT Technology 1000MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 2GB DDR PC-3200 - 2x1024, ATI RADEONâ„¢ X1900XTX 512MB
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 04:21 Edited at: 24th Jan 2008 04:22
i probably should restore. i dont know or think x10 caused all these problems but i went through half of doom3 without any interuption BEFORE fpsc x10, then AFTER i install it i can only play it for a few minutes and my computer freaks ( maybe its afraid of zombies 8( ) anyway, i took it off, have no idea how, but my computer shut down while playing Crysis and when i came back on every last trace of fpsc x10 was gone. i still have the problem but it isnt as frequent ( if i play for an hour this will happen again. )

Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 21:04
Quote: "i probably should restore. i dont know or think x10 caused all these problems but i went through half of doom3 without any interuption BEFORE fpsc x10, then AFTER i install it i can only play it for a few minutes and my computer freaks ( maybe its afraid of zombies 8( ) anyway, i took it off, have no idea how, but my computer shut down while playing Crysis and when i came back on every last trace of fpsc x10 was gone. i still have the problem but it isnt as frequent ( if i play for an hour this will happen again. )"

Are you overclocking your pc? Maybe that causes the trouble. Just a thought...

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 21:55
Quote: "Are you overclocking your pc? Maybe that causes the trouble. Just a thought.."

That's a good thought.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 23:37
i dont know but what that means ( i am not out of high school ) but that sounds like it could be the problem, how do you "overclock" your pc and how do you stop it from doing it? my graphics card is a 8800 gtx OVERCLOCKED, is that a problem?

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 00:30 Edited at: 25th Jan 2008 00:31
Quote: "my graphics card is a 8800 gtx OVERCLOCKED"

Factory OC'd or did you overclock it yourself using RivaTuner or the like? But in any case, I don't think the graphics card (or FPSCX10 for that matter) is the source of the problem. I'd really recommend doing what the others have said and running an anti-virus scan. McAfee (the free version) is excellent -- it found a critical infection on my computer when Norton did not.

MS

edit: typo

AMD 4800+ (2.5GHz dual core), 3GB RAM (667 MHz), 320GB HD (7200 RPM), EVGA 8800GT Superclocked (factory OC'd @650 MHz, OC'd to 700 MHz), HP 22" Widescreen LCD, Vista Home Premium
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 23:56
i tied a virus scan but it didnt seem to say there was a virus, and the card is factory overclocked

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2008 04:34
alright, dont exactly know what the problem is, but i fixed it. i just opened the side pannel and bought a mini-fan and placed it right next to it, hoping it would air out my CPU and keep it from heating up. it worked perfectly! i was so glad i played Crisis for 2 straight hours and nearly beat it ( i was already half done ). i uninstalled fpsc x10 but need to test it. but it hink it will work because everyone knows fpsc doesnt have as good graphics, action, and so many other things to process as Crysis. so i guess i found the solution to my problem.

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2008 04:40
Oh, you had a heat problem! Well done. I would put some case fans and never worry again.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2008 00:30
unfortunately, this didnt work. it worked for Crysis, Enemy Territory, Doom 3, and so on, but didnt work for fpsc x10!!!!!!!! i think it is really too much of a system hog or something. the main question i have is: why do you need an 8800 for "ok" graphics when Crysis looks perfect and only neds a 6 series card! kinda offtopic but still a wondering. you would wonder why TGC would make a product that makes games that require pc power only 3% Americans have. i mean, why wouldnt they make something that more than 1000 people can properly enjoy. i have one the most up-to-date- computers on the market and it still runs like crap, do you know how long we will have to wait before hardly anyone has the pc power to enjoy our creations? and one more thing, most people test for bugs before they make them the consumer's problem ( videogame wise ) im out. ill still make my game but i really think TGC needs to learn how to test their own product. i wonder if the TGC guys' computers can even run fpsc x10.

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2008 21:22
Quote: "Crysis looks perfect and only neds a 6 series card!"

Go play Crysis on very high with a 6600.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 17:24
never tried, but thats what it says on the system requirements. but whatever, i can run Crysis on everything set to VERY HIGH and it has absolutely no problems ( no joke ) and i repaired something which seems to be working now,

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 19:56
Problem solved ONCE AND FOR ALL! i went to "start" then clicked "games" then clicked on "performance information and tools" then from there there is something like "update my performance" when i clicked on that my performance score went from 3.5 to 5.5! i played Crysis on everything set to high for several hours and had no lag, suddedn shut-down or anything! fpsc x10 runs just as well as fpsc x9 and i am so happy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 18:42:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 18:42:16