Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Files not found when building games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2008 02:56
I have searched the forums and can't find a topic discussing this. If you know where one is, please let me know, so I can post in the proper place. However, my issue is...

When I build a game, several files are not getting copied to the user folders and are not working in game. Some examples are:
- New game menu item (did find a thread on this and copied in the needed files).
- The loading progress bar.
- The health meter over enemies.
- The manifest shows a ton of missing files

Is there a way to get all these files to copy in, or am I missing them from my FPSCX10 install? Anyone figured out a way to get around this?

Thanks.

http://www.OTSsoftware.com
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same problem. The only solution, so far, is to manually copy all the files.
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 18:25 Edited at: 29th Jan 2008 18:28
For reasons known only to itself, FPSC 10X will not accept these png or tga files. It may be just you and me, in which case good luck...
You can convert these files using the nVidia DDS Photoshop plugin. There may be a stand-alone version available. The solution is to find these files, the png's, and convert them to dds.

This morning I converted the "newgasme.png" file to dds, leaving it in the original folder, and FPSC was able to find it. Also, I had to rezise it. It was 526x78. It needs to be a multiple of four.
Until I find a batch converter, it's going to be tedious.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 23:14
Email you woes to Lee, he'll respond to you.

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
I went though the manifest, and converted the proper files to DDS. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Some of the files were in strange ratios: 400x101, etc. Also, the softeffects.fx file was not in the proper location. I've only tried it with small test levels, but it seems to be working properly now.
OTS Software I
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 23:50 Edited at: 30th Jan 2008 01:07
E-mail sent with manifest file attached.

Thanks.

http://www.OTSsoftware.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 09:12:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 09:12:49