Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Random function - Is it in X10, if not could it be possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I recently thought to myself, does X10 have a random function that users can use.

What I mean by a 'random function' is that say I got a trigger zone, and typed into the if used section, man1, so I walked into it, and my character appeared. But with a random function, you could type in, man 1 (then separate with a comma),man2,man3 etc, etc.

Then in my game, I walk into the area and there is a random chance of 1 of the people appearing.

I know there is a random texture function (which I haven't gotten to work), maybe this feature is possible?

Maybe it could be used for other purposes, like a random even occurs based on a set of variables?

Thoughts, comments, ideas?

Thanks.
auto mail10
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll find out when I get it.
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2008 19:34
Anyone know the answer? I could really use such a function!
I'm surprised this isn't a big deal. It's a great way to keep a game fresh and unpredictable each time you play it.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, it would be a great feature, bring lots of interesting options to people's games.

Thanks.

Any one got any thoughts?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 18:13:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 18:13:17