Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSCX10 model question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 05:32
Is TGC going to release a model pack(Sci-Fi pack) with all the aliens and guns and such in X10 to X9? I still have X9 but I need those creatures/characters in X10 now(Parents said I can't get a new computer right now). I'd pay $45 bucks for it.

Are you guys planning it? Or is it "Vista exclusive"? You brought all the X9 Characters in X10, why not reverse the process? lol.(Sorry if I sound a little mad there)

Click here to see my showcase.
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 06:01
Quote: "Parents said I can't get a new computer right now"

You don't need to buy a new PC, unless you don't have a PCIe x16 slot. Just buy a video card.

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 07:01
I have a laptop, none interchangable video cards.

Silent hippo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 17:55
Advice: first of all, couldn't you use the model pack 12? That has six new characters in it. Second, if you want a new computer that bad, make another FPSC game, sell it, and use that money to get what you want. Lastly, if all else fails, just use the entity maker to re-make the X10 versions into X9 versions.
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 22:01
But that's just the thing, I can do that, but if I get X10, most people don't even have Vista or a computer to run it. I just want the aliens/characters stock models from X10 be ported to X9. I mean, why make X9 people have to pay over $1000+ bucks on X10 and getting your computer upgraded just for those new aliens/characters and new features when at least you could do is make another MP that has all the aliens/characters/weapons from X10 back down to X9?

Just my opinion.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 23:00
Quote: "But that's just the thing, I can do that, but if I get X10, most people don't even have Vista or a computer to run it. I just want the aliens/characters stock models from X10 be ported to X9. I mean, why make X9 people have to pay over $1000+ bucks on X10 and getting your computer upgraded just for those new aliens/characters and new features when at least you could do is make another MP that has all the aliens/characters/weapons from X10 back down to X9?

Just my opinion."

Well obviously thats just too convenient isnt it?

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 23:12
I don't get what you mean.

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 10:02 Edited at: 4th Feb 2008 10:30
Why not buy FPSC X10 now and install it on your current PC?
You wont be able to run it but you will have all the media available to copy into your X9 folder. Then when you do upgrade your PC, you will already have FPSCX10 ready to go You will have to edit the .fpe files aswell. But that should be just a case of copying the AI sections from an FPSC character into the new ones.

It works as you can see from the screenie below which was taken in FPSCX9. They don't look nearly as good without the specular and normal maps but they still work.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 00:28
Wow I never thought of that... But how do I add the specular and normal maps? Are those with them??

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 03:21
Quote: "But how do I add the specular and normal maps"

Normal and Specular maps are not recognized in X9.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 04:36
Quote: "Normal and Specular maps are not recognized in X9."

uhmmm. i'm pretty sure you're wrong there...

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 04:37
Then which is it?

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 06:07
Let me put it this way. You can count on normal maps in X9 as much as you can count on vehicles in FPSC. In other words, some have gotten it to work, but not on a useful scale. If it were really supported don't you think the stock media and model packs would utilize it?

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 06:10
(One last Question, do they ragdoll in X9?)

I think I'll just buy a new computer, I think I can bribe my brother to help me. We're both game designers so it shouldn't be that hard.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 06:18
No current support for ragdoll in X9.
There are rumors that it will come, but no one knows for sure.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 12:16:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 12:16:35