Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Milkshape .x will not load

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2003 17:45 Edited at: 25th Jun 2003 21:25
I made a model in 3ds Max and imported it into Milkshape 3d V1.6.6a. When I export it as a .x I get the runtime error 7018 - Could not load object at line 1.

If I make the convert with 3d explorer in to a .x it works fine, but puts the axis at the end of my model. Which I don't want either.

Also when I create an object with Milkshape it loads fine in to DBpro, so why not when I bring in 3ds Max 3 file (either .max or .3ds)?
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2003 17:46
I am using DBpro if that matters
JAT
Years of Service
User Offline
If you're using my MilkShape exporter (JT), I think I have a crashing bug if you try to export a DirectX 8 (skinned mesh) model that doesn't have the bones set up. The work-around is either to put your bones in, or save it in the old retained mode format until you are ready to put in the bones.

I hit this myself while fixing another bug, but I forgot how to run the debugger with MilkShape without crashing it, so I couldn't conveniently debug it at that time. I think I remember how to do it now (set the release build mode, but enable debug info), so I'll have another look at it when I get back home next week.

-JT

John Thompson
http://www.jtgame.com/jtedit
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2003 22:46
No JAT,
Actually I am making my model in 3ds Max R3 and saving a project file (or .3ds id doesn't matter) Then load that file into Milkshape. When I save it as a .X file and try loading that in to DBpro I get my error. ..but not if I make my model in Milkshape and just save as a .x

Any one have a solution or way to get my max files in to a .X?

Also while 3d explorer works it messes up my pivot points so that is no good either.
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2003 07:06
Ok I quit trying to use Milkshape to turn 3ds Max R3 model in to a DirectX file. I finally found a direct plug-in that works from 3ds max r3!

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/dx-exp/8.1/W982KMeXP/EN-US/DX81SDK_extras_Direct3D.exe

I saved it as a text file and it holds my color and pivot point in a DirectX export format.

There is also supposed it be a Maya plug-in too.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2003 07:15
Softimage one has the best support...
i have the Maya one unforunately i can't be arsed to recompile for Maya 4.5 and 5.0 so lol i'm just not using it for my DB creations.

DrReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 20:16
I found this same problem also... Use the Direct X 8.1 export and check everything. It works for me doing this way. Avoid the DirectX (JT) exporter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:27:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:27:43