Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / No bloom when running in Test game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 03:21 Edited at: 9th Feb 2008 06:07
I got FPSCreator x10 recently, it looks pretty good, not what I expected, but still.
I have a problem though, when I test a game, Bloom doesn't work, there is none at all. However, when I actually build game, it works fine?

Here are my specs:
Graphics card: Geforce 8600 GT
CPU(s):AMD Phennom 9500+ Q-core
RAM: 3gb ddr2 ram

I already tried:
Restarting computer.
Reinstalling FPSC X10.
Updating to the latest version of wine.
Making sure wine was in Vista compatibility mode.
Turning of Compiz Fusion & plugins.

This isn't a major problem, but I do like not having to completely build the game just to test a level's lighting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Solved. I now feel stupid because I was running the test game file in OpenGL instead of DX.
No problems anymore.
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a key you press to bring up the Effect Console. (Tab maybe? I forget )

This only works in the Test Games (unless you copy the dll into the built game) From here you can play with all the effects (such as bloom)
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 06:02 Edited at: 9th Feb 2008 06:04
I made sure bloom was on, but it is refusing to work.

My brother (Windows Vista the Horrific user) is apparently having the same problem, with the same video card.

Edit: DOH! I was running it in OpenGL instead of DirectX 10 compatibility. Bloom shows up great now.
Now my bro is pissed because we have almost the exact same machine (He has more ram) and I'm getting much better FPS then him.

Thanks anyway.
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I was running it in OpenGL instead of DirectX 10 compatibility"

Wow, I should of caught that one.
What version of Wine are you using? This would be interesting for the users who run linux and would like to use FPS Creator
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 07:25 Edited at: 9th Feb 2008 07:27
I use 0.9.54.
I did have a bit of trouble getting it to install, but it also ended up being a completely stupid problem.

When I put in the directory, it kept saying "There is not enough disk space on this drive.".

I went through hell trying to find out the problem, mounting drives, cds, reinstalling wine, etc.

Turns out there wasn't enough disk space on the drive.

Unfortunately, my friend couldn't get it to work in the same version of wine with a similar pc. Several other friends have it working fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 18:39:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 18:39:49