Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3d game engines

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok first thank you for reading this.
I want to make a first or 3rd person rpg... I have done some tutorials and previouse programing in visual basic as well, but I was wondering when making a game is the engine the first thing I need to do? Also does anyone ahve an example of an rpg engine or anything like that.. and finaly is 2d alot less challenging?

Thank you
Tycho Brahe
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2003 02:34
Well I don't know if I could anwser your first questions but I can anwser

Quote: "is 2d alot less challenging?"

It really depends, I mean in my opionion it is easier, but the only 3D game I've made is the one from the tutorial that comes with darkbasic.2D I find a little harder to do animation, but it gets easier with some practice.Also since I'm currently working on a 2D fighting game, all I have to make is the characters, backrounds, and animate them, and finally code.

So basically 2D is easier in my opionion, but some parts are still time consuming.

2D Fighting game in Progress
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2003 03:09
Tycho huh, you wouldn't happen to be from Penny Arcade?

Basicly DBP is the engine, but in any case it's up to you. On my own project I'm starting with the hardest parts first,half of it not having much to do with battles or character interaction (my game's a suido-RPG/Adventure game). I would sujects that you get the basics done first: menu systems, basic battle system, charater interaction, and the like. After that is just fleshing up what you all ready have done.

As for 2D vs 3D, each have their Pros and Cons, it's really a matter of personal taste.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
TychoBrahe
Years of Service
User Offline
I have just read through the few tutorial I can find.. Also i don't have dark basic pro

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 01:01
Well hopefully you got DB or this really belongs in another forum.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:26:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:26:04