Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Headshots in X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 17:57
I like it to see headshots in X10 to ad some more realism.
I have email lee with that, and he said that as many people want that, he wil think about that..(Or i have understand that wrong)
Anybody agree with my?

Free media, coming soon!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 18:17 Edited at: 9th Feb 2008 18:18
[Edit]
Oops, posted in wrong thread.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 19:06 Edited at: 9th Feb 2008 19:07
Well it's very hard to create headshot if a character is only one model. If the head was a other model then it could be easy done.
Also it will be better cause it will use his own texture so you could put more details in it.

But i'm not sure if it can be done with the fspc source.

Strelok.

Rise and shine Fpsc x10...rise and shine.

Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 19:59
But i have ask le for it, You dont must do that...
And it will be add in x9( correct my as i am wrong )

Free media, coming soon!
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 16:23
lee explained there is an upgrade coming in the future that will include headshots ( newsletter ) also that blood willl come onto the floor when someone is shot

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 16:57 Edited at: 10th Feb 2008 17:04
PEOPLE LOOK AT THE STICKIES!!!!

FPSC v1.08 Beta is out, and it has Head shots !!!!!

So, you know this is going to be coming to FSPC X10 very soon.

We all waited a long time for FPSC X10, and now we have it to play with.
Now its time for FPSC v1 updates, then more testing and bug fixing, then there will be more time for Lee to come back to X10.
He needs this time anyway for us to do the testing and report any bugs.
So, really the back and forth method he uses is a good one, redardless of whether people think it is fast enough.
This is still RAD, and it surprises me at the speed Lee can crank this stuff out.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 17:22 Edited at: 10th Feb 2008 17:23
Hold on once sec. Don't you haft to have a different het box for the model, to get a head shot out of it. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know much about modeling, but I know a little to understand that you haft to have a serten het box.

Also this probley won't cover my crapy models. Not that I use them but I would stell like to place a head shot on my old teacher.................Ok I know thats creepy, but its a good way to let off steem.

BOOM!!!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2008 18:34 Edited at: 15th Feb 2008 18:35
You don't have to have seperate body parts for damage detection. You can design a block figure, which detects a shot, then reacts to it in a particular way. Just like headshots. For example, if you have the bone model, you could create a script which causes the entity to react when shot by a bullet or laser. If it was shot in the head, its head could move back by the axis it was shot or thrown at and return to the normal position, while taking more damage than another part.

-FCV

Vista Home Premium; nVidia GeForce 8400GS with DirectX10-ready; Pixel Shader 3.0; Intel Pentium 2 Dual Core with Intel Viiv; 320GB HDD; AGEIA PhysX engine plug-in

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 19:59:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 19:59:30