Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Relistic Water?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Will the water in FPSC X10 act realistically? What I mean is if you filled up a room with water, then had the player start in another room, then if the player shot out the window that had the water on the other side, would the water come rushing in, or would it be static?
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 19:58
There is only one water level for whole the level so you cant do that..

Free media, coming soon!
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. Thanks for letting me know.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 22:06
It would have been better if water was a zone, and if you stood in the zone in-game you could adjust height for that zone only...

Intel Pentium D Cpu 3.00GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, 1GB RAM, Windows Xp...
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 00:22
still is awesome looking though, i would change the underwater color to light blue though because that dark blue doesnt really look good, ( for underwater )

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 00:57
Do you realize how hard water like that is to make? I'm guessing no.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 02:50
i thought u could change the water level

shadow666
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 10:15
Quote: "i thought u could change the water level"

You can. But only not into parts...
its just 1 water level in the whole map...
And Lee/Rick promised to apply zones that should filled up with water.
Only that never happened

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 11:35
Quote: "And Lee/Rick promised to apply zones that should filled up with water."

They promised a lot of things.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 12:01 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 12:10
Quote: "And Lee/Rick promised to apply zones that should filled up with water"

They didn't promise that.
They said they would try to work it in if it could be done in time, but obviously it was too much trouble.
So, instead of delaying the release another six months, they gave use global water.
You can change the color, how the light reflects off of it, the smoothness, and even the speed of the ripples!
Be glad you have it.

Quote: "i thought u could change the water level"

You can.
In the scriptbank there is an effects folder.
In there are scripts for raising and lowering the water level and many other things.

Quote: "They promised a lot of things"

...and they delivered one heck of a product.
You guys really take their work for granted.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 14:37 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 14:40
Quote: "They didn't promise that.
They said they would try to work it in if it could be done in time, but obviously it was too much trouble.
So, instead of delaying the release another six months, they gave use global water.
You can change the color, how the light reflects off of it, the smoothness, and even the speed of the ripples!
Be glad you have it. "

Uhm seriously?!? I never said that i didnt like this...and i am glad with this engine..
But seriously? The EFX mod and Lemur also use water now...
And if you want a different engine you can use Cube Sauerbraten.
They all can handle the ripplecoloretc...

Again i am glad with FPSC...as i use it for gamecreation/hobby.
And i use Cube for making a "useless" world for fun/shooting.
FPSC is the easiest engine there is, and thats why i use it.
Or else i was using DBPro instead of this.

But i wouldnt mind if they included the water stuff and waited another 6 "months".
I know for sure it wouldnt be 6 months but less.
But again even if it was...i dont care, it would be better than 1 level.

Quote: "You guys really take their work for granted."

Uhmmm?!?...I think you should relax a little we never said anything wrong about TGC or FPSC.

(for those that think that i am bashing FPSC are wrong...i love FPSC and will use it for a long time)

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 17:34
I wonder if they'd consider a "pro" version of FPSC. Yes, I know it would be oxymoronic. But I think there are folks here who wouldn't mind paying a higher price for more competitive features in real-time as opposed to 2 years after market competitors have it.

The niche is to have something competitive but simple. Of course quality would need to get under control first.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 17:38
Water going from one room to another is possible, Quite simple actually. as long as you have a Ageia PhysX card, and TGC puts in Dark Physics Liquid support.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 19:09 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 20:05
Quote: "But I think there are folks here who wouldn't mind paying a higher price for more competitive features in real-time as opposed to 2 years after market competitors have it."

Hey guys, this is the X10 thread don't forget.
This has not been out 2 years, and this is one of how many engines that use X10's features?
Considering the size of TGC and the number of its employees, I am amazed they were even able to bring you this great product.
He already said you will be getting water and such in v1 versions and as Cheese Cake said there are alternative engines for those who can't wait.

Quote: "Uhmmm?!?...I think you should relax a little we never said anything wrong about TGC or FPSC."

Ummm, I think you should worry about your emotions, not mine, because I am relaxed.
I'm glad you used the word "wrong" to describe what you said, because it fits better than 'negative' or 'bad'.
What I say might sound a little abrasive, but I am only telling the truth.
The fact is that this is the easiest engine to use, and Lee is working hard everyday to make it better.
I just wish we had a little more appreciation here, and a little less aggravation.
There is a difference between reporting a bug and complaining, and it seems everyone focuses on the bad things all of the time.
Some of these people never have anything nice to say, so why are they here?
To bash the product. Why? I don't know, maybe they work for one of the competitiors.
Ligitimate complaints are one thing, but to say that TGC made 'promises' and then imply they broke their word, is more of a lie than an exageration. (they know better than to make promises)
I'm not the bad guy here, and I'm not anything other than relaxed already.
If anyone here needs to do anything, it isn't me needing to relax; it's you guys needing to realize what a good thing you have before its gone.
One of these days Lee is going to get tired of people taking his work for granted.

Quote: "Water going from one room to another is possible, Quite simple actually. as long as you have a Ageia PhysX card, and TGC puts in Dark Physics Liquid support. "

If it is so simple, then why do they need/want Lee to do it for them?
He gave you the source to v1, so if you guys don't want to wait, then do it yourself.
He even gave you guys the source code for v1 for those who couldn't wait for his new features, and some of them still complain.
Unbelievable

Quote: "for those that think that i am bashing FPSC are wrong...i love FPSC and will use it for a long time"

I know Cheese Cake, and I am not trying saying anything mean to PoD either in my statement about the source.
It's just that all these threads that simply complain about the things they don't have gets old after awhile.
Especially, when they are complaining about the speed to which they see these updates taking place.
Your asking for things that he told you he will try to get in.
Have a little patience and let him work in peace.
Then, when TGC delivers the goods, what do the users complain about then?
Then, they complain how TGC don't answer enough questions here in the forums.
Why should they stop work on the update to answer unecessary questions?
Lets have them stop development on the improvements so that they can come type in a response to your questions, which are complaints in disguise, about the improvement they are making and why it is taking so long?
Yeah that really speeds up the development time.

The bottom line is, some of these people do nothing but complain (not pointing at you guys) and its bringing the forums down to a depressing level.
The complainers are handed everything on a silver platter, and if there are other engines out there that can deliver X10 features for $70 then try them.
First, you won't find any, and if you did you know it won't be this easy to use.
FPSC v1 is only a little over 2 years old, so its still a baby. (X10 is still poopin' yellow)
Give Lee a little time, because he needs time to do what he wants to do, which is bring you the best engine possible.

If you have a bug to report, then report it.
If you have a suggestion or request to make, then make it.
If you have a complaint about the speed of Lee's work, then go pout somewhere else.

There is nothing wrong with Lee's work. (he's a genius)
He has a lot of different products and expansion packs to update at once.
Lee is a master juggler that can multi-task better than any of you.
Yes, the last statement is just an opinion, but I'd put my money on him in a contest!

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 20:51
Quote: "Ummm, I think you should worry about your emotions, not mine, because I am relaxed."

Yeah man you are right! I am totally out of control?!?

Quote: "The fact is that this is the easiest engine to use, and Lee is working hard everyday to make it better."

I never said it wasnt a easy tool to use.
In fact i said it was the easiest tool there is

Quote: "If anyone here needs to do anything, it isn't me needing to relax; it's you guys needing to realize what a good thing you have before its gone.
One of these days Lee is going to get tired of people taking his work for granted."

If you really are so relaxed...than why did you sort of "bashed" at most of the forum members over here?
Or (saying that it wasnt about me but surelly it was) telling a whole story about how it is meant and how not...
Seriously than i think we both see the meaning of "relaxing" a little bit different.

No one bashed FPSC over here...and maybe that i saw it wrong that Lee "promised" the zones with water stuff...
than thats my fault.
But immediatelly saying that we are over reacting or that we arent happy about this tool is kind of uhhhm....weird.

xwing33
Years of Service
User Offline
wow, sounds like you guys have some strong feelings for this company.cool.

xwing33
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 01:48 Edited at: 13th Feb 2008 02:01
Quote: "No one bashed FPSC over here...and maybe that i saw it wrong that Lee "promised" the zones with water stuff...
than thats my fault.
But immediatelly saying that we are over reacting or that we arent happy about this tool is kind of uhhhm....weird"

No what is weird is that you take everything I say as an attack on you... like so...

When I made a simple statement like...
"The fact is that this is the easiest engine to use, and Lee is working hard everyday to make it better."
Then you reply ...
"I never said it wasnt a easy tool to use.
In fact i said it was the easiest tool there is"

If anything here is weird, it is your logic, because what part of that sentence said anything about you or what you said?
Quote: "I never said it wasnt a easy tool to use"

Who ever said that you did?

Here is another axample of the weirdness....
I said...
"They didn't promise that.
Be glad you have it. "
Then you replied...

"Uhm seriously?!? I never said that i didnt like this...and i am glad with this engine.."

Again what part of my statement that you quoted says that you do or do not like the engine???

Yup, you said it....weird!

Quit being so defensive dude, I am not your enemy, nor am I attacking you.
I'm just sick of seeing people make comments as if TGC are liars or something.
They know better than to make false promises.

You know that your statement combined with Corky's impies that they misled you.
And that is not the case. Period. Take it any way you want.

You said it best when you said...
Quote: "And Lee/Rick promised to apply zones that should filled up with water.
Only that never happened"

...because I can believe that never happened.
I do believe that they never made that promise.
You are right..it never happened!

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee said it might happen in the future, not on release.

shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 21:52
Quote: "...and they delivered one heck of a product.
You guys really take their work for granted."

thats the same as saying even though this game(i'm giving an example i don't mean fpsc) is clearly not finished full of bugs not ready for release and basically sucks we should just admire the work that went into it no it doesn't work that way we have to look at finished product not the work put into it if it was like that then all reviewers would be scoring games as 10/10 even though clearly it doesn't deserve that(i don't mean fpscX10 i like X10 and would actually score it high)

[
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 23:53
You have already mentioned most parts in your previous post...
As for the "promise" i already said that it was a mistake of me...
But i love you!

kiss kiss

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 16:42:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 16:42:36