Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Wings -> Unwrap 3D problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2003 02:35
I created a 3D Model in Wings 3D, btw Im very new to 3D Modeling, im not a very good artist beyond web sites.

I took the model and tried to import it into Unwrap 3D and it said there were no UV corrdinates. I have looked and im now officially stumped.

What are they? and How do I make them? Is there a better program to use besides Unwrap 3D?
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 00:00
If Unwrap 3D is like Lithunwrap (I am only replying cos no-one else has) then there will be a small square in the corner of the screen, this is your uv map, you just need to select it and uv map it (look in the menus) to unwrap it. I don't know if Unwrap 3D is similar to Lithunwrap, but seeing as it is made by the same company, I would have thought this would be similar.

cuRant PRogekt: a three-de map editer
Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 01:14
Lithunwrap v1.3 was the last free version made. It is now called Unwrap3D and has many more fetures.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 01:54
Sorry, I should have said it also will not load the model, just comes up with that error, no UV Corrdinates.

Gonna keep playing around tho, thanks for your suggestions. Ill let you know.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 02:09
If you're using one of the latest versions of wings3d,you can unwrap it and export to .obj(best format) and the uv's will be preserved although I admit I still use Lithuwrap more often since I'm much used to it.

Modeling Tip of the Week:Smooth-Shading is an approximation of Shadows defined by the tension between two vertice.

If I've seen it all before,why's this bus taking me back again? @_@
Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 02:17
I found a copy of Lithunrap 1.3 DL and same problem, so im doing something wrong, going to try some different things, thanks for help.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 02:22 Edited at: 27th Jun 2003 02:23
-I took the model and tried to import it into Unwrap 3D and it said there were no UV corrdinates

I'm sure Simple knew the answer(because I'm the one who told him) but I wonder why he didn't tell you? hmmm.....

Anyways,it really doesn't matter.

When you get this message,ignore it and go into face or group selection...Next Select all and choose a UVMapping mode(planar,cubic...).

Your UV's will then be displayed.

Modeling Tip of the Week:Smooth-Shading is an approximation of Shadows defined by the tension between two vertice.

Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 02:32
Thank you that worked!!

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 02:52
QUOTE:
but I wonder why he didn't tell you?

Shadow actarus, or should I call you "shadow muppet" .... Because I answered the same question here only yesterday.

Oh yeah, and I forgot .. you taught me everything I know didn't you ? ( NOT ) !!

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 02:58 Edited at: 27th Jun 2003 03:01
-you taught me everything I know didn't you ? ( NOT ) !!

Thanks for the little 'NOT' in the end I'm sure no one would've got it as if your sarcasms were even close to being funny even to the slightest impartial viewer.

BTW: Please could you specify me the drawings you claim to have supplied to the Jon Jone's archive,I'd like to avoid using them.

Thank you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:47:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:47:06