Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Update confusion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 16:14
I got my FPSC X10 DVD a few days back and installed it. After install I took the auto-update and stepped up to version 1.04 (if I remember correctly).

I then installed the "Blood and ragdoll patch" and now FPSC X10 says it is version 1.01 (Mature).

Did I do things in the wrong order?
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 16:30
Nope. You got it right.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 16:35
Ok, cool! Thanks!
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 02:35 Edited at: 11th Feb 2008 03:23
something is wrong for me. i installed the new update and it switched blood and ragdoll off, then when i reinstalled blood+ragdoll the update was taken away. any help?

EDIT: well, i guess i have to go without the update. i was gunna get the update and keep my game 'T' but the update only made fpsc even worse! i couldnt load any of my maps. sometimes it couldnt even open fpsc! and shooting allies is something the player should have a choice to do or not ( he he ) but im sorry TGC. however great this update was i'm gunna have to pass it up. i cant live without the blood and i cant make a game if the whole friggin program is screwed. to tell you the truth, since i think everyone likes blood+ ragdolls, why didnt you make a 'mature' version of the upgrade? it would save me a difficult dicission. welp back to the old stuff. what was the upgrade supposed to do anyway?

EDIT 2: NOOOOOOOOOO the new upgrade, even after i unistalled, left PERMANENT damge on fpsc!!!!!!! it will never work and i have no idea how to fix it! DANG! this is ssssooooooooooo friggin RETARDED!!!!! i was almost finished with my game and now i cant finish it and im out a Friggin $2500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3maps work, and they're not the really good ones. i have lost frickin EVERYTHING!!!!!! i hope you guys are happy!

EDIT 3: i did maintenence and it works now YYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! i might install that upgrade now.

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

OTS Software I
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 03:27
If you install the ragdoll/blood patch, it will set you back to 1.01. You will need to rerun auto update to get to 1.05.

In my case, I updated to 1.05, lost ragdoll/blood, reapplied ragdoll/blood, and reupdated to 1.05 and everything was fine.

http://www.OTSsoftware.com
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 03:35
hmm, thst is exactly what i just did, but i haven't tried fpsc x10 yet, i will try a mini-level and tell you what happens.

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 03:47 Edited at: 11th Feb 2008 03:48
ok, tried it but didnt help. i still gotta chose between blood or upgrade. i still dont know what the update does besides not let you shoot allies. if someone will explain it to me then it will be a lot easier to decide.

p.s. i didnt edit my previous post to get people's attention so they would reply )

i still think they should make a MATURE version of 1.05 just to save time and trouble.

hihello
Years of Service
User Offline
[quote] i still gotta chose between blood or upgrade.

I think u should stay with the blood+ragdolls.. Same problem I dont have the blood+ragdolls either I never got them!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 11:39:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 11:39:42