Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Loading Page FPI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 23:01 Edited at: 11th Feb 2008 23:18
Where does the loadingpage.fpi get called? I am trying to change my backdrops and have them all but Loading. I don't see where this FPI gets called.

I've tried copying the loading backdrop I want to this location: C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator X10\Files\gamecore\backdrops\basic. However, when I try to edit the "Edit Loading Screen" options and point to my file, FPSC X10 crashes.

I know there has to be an easier way to change this. All the other backdrops were very easy to change (just followed the instructions in the manual).

Thanks in advance.

http://www.OTSsoftware.com
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 04:26
Look in ....

C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\gamecore\backdrops

There, you will find a readme.txt file that has your answer.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

OTS Software I
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 04:57
No, that's not it.

I have the loading graphic in that folder, but it still gets the out-of-the box backdrop. I modified the FPI files for Title, Game Over, and Game Won, but I don't see any place to modify for Game Load. When I modify the location of the file in the "Edit Loading Screen" button, my system crashes and it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 09:54 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 10:44
That's strange, let me test this on my end.

Edit
Okay I tested it on this end and it works fine for me when I replace the stock backdrop.
Here is what I did and it worked fine...

(1) Built the level and saved it
(2) Built EXE of game
(3) Navigated to... C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\x10 executables\MYGAMENAME\Files\gamecore\backdrops\Basic
(4) Deleted the stock backdrop in that folder (keep the editor's one)
(5) Pasted a copy of my backdrop in that folder and renamed it to 'background' like the stock image (I used a JPG like the stock one)
(6) Ran the EXE and saw my beautiful backdrop

Make sure your backdrop is the right size! (wrong size could cause a crash)
The above method works great for one level but for more levels then...

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\x10 executables\MYGAMENAME\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\MYGAMENAME

...has all of its loading pages there.
Just edit the name of the file (background.jpg) for each loading page but leave the path the same.
Then put your images in the same folder as the stock backdrop.
Of course I built the game having all stock backdrops for all levels.
Then it is as easy as adding a number to each one...so loading page 2 gets background2.jpg
and loading page 3 gets background3.jpg and so on.

Again, this is done all post-build, so it is a manual process, but it works on this end.

One more time just for clearity...

Build the game first (the EXE)

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\x10 executables\MYGAMENAME\Files\gamecore\backdrops\Basic

...is the path where you place your backgound images.
and...

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\x10 executables\MYGAMENAME\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\MYGAMENAME

...is where the loading pages are that need to have the names edited.
This manual method is easy, once you do it a couple times.

OTS Software I
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 19:37
I got it to work. My biggest problem was that I was missing that I could change the FPI for the loading page for each level. I had created a custom FPI file, but was not seeing where to call it. When you add your levels, you can set the loading FPI.

Thanks CE.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 20:15 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 20:20
I like my way because the post production changes make it feel more like I am modding something.
I still like to modify things you know. Plus, I guess I am still used to doing it the old way.

Glad you got it working.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 07:07:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 07:07:01