Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Is FPSCX10 Unstable?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 00:53
I know it's new and all but, sence the last updates; I've seen no improvements on the program's stansabilty. I can't even build games. Is TGC even working on this? It seems that its getting to be a pain to everyone. I know people are going to say" This needs to be in bug reports." It dosen't, this is a descussion.

BOOM!!!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Personally, what they need is a log that is emptied each time you go to build the game. Thus when you are building / testing the levels / game it logs debug information that they can fix (if needed).

Sorry if I missed the specific topic where you asked for trouble, but what is it failing on?

FPSC X10 is very stable for me.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 02:26
FPSC X10 is very stable for me also.

I've had no issues with the map editor, building games or receiving online updates.

The only issue I've ever had is the occasional freeze in test game due to the fact I'm using an ATI HD 2900XT which is a documented issue.

If you 'can't even build games' theres something up with your installation, not the software. Try re installing it.

The only reason it may be happening is due to a bug in previous versions of FPSC to do with multiple threads during build. You can manually change this property in the default setup file.

Providing you update to the latest version of the software this issue shouldn't occur.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 05:17
I would say that X10 is stable, but far from bug free. The fact that there are updates speaks to that issue.

IMHO, X10 is an incomplete system. Largely I find the documentation inadequate and support for custom content non-existent. I will continue to play with X10. But with the lack of support and a product strategy that escapes me, I've started trying out other products.

As best I can tell, FPSC itself, is meant to provide the entertainment. For many here, that's exactly what they enjoy the most. I'm more focused on creating a product, and just don't see that happening anytime soon.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 05:27:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 05:27:09