Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [LOCKED] still crap then

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
well your latest x10 is still crap as its multiplyer is still rubbish.

you lot remind me of the downfall of the amiga.

you have a good product but its still limited to crappy single player really isnt it ,i buy all the latest games and i dont even play single player, online only like so many million other users.

why bring it out if you cant work out how to make it work online better.

come on get real release the bloody thing thats has it all before its too late .

or are you scared that people will be able to create fantastic online games as good as retail ,therefore killing the rippoff software giants .

i beleive you scared just like i say.

what a shame. but i wont buy it no way ohhh and my pc could actualy run it.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 02:54
And your opinion counts because...?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 03:14 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2008 03:16
I've been playing games for many years, and until FPSC, I never played a mult-player/online game. I just don't find them interesting. I guess they released this just for me.

The difference is, I don't go on to multiplayer forums and say that their games are crap.

Best.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Go away, webhead.

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 05:04
As if anyone will listen to what you have to say

DARKEST NIGHTMARE
coming 2008
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 11:27
I didn't buy FPSC for multiplsyer, and nor do I get joy from shouting "NOOB" and "ROFL" and "BOOM! HEADSHOT" down a microphone.

Half the joy of FPSC is in the making of a game, and if all you want to do is form clans and whatnot, then FPSC is not for you.

[center]
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 13:02
Who cares what you say, "webhead", FPSCX10 has been rated 9/10 around millions of games reports and reviews. Whatever you say is wrong. Anyway, I use it for the sake of it and it is good.

First, I wanna shoot Hale. Then, I wanna shoot me Menial mate. Then, I wanna shoot meself. Then, I wanna play Resistance with my dead crap Ragdoll physics...

www.outputoverload.webs.com
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 19:00 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2008 19:01
Excuse me webhead, but how would you know anything about FPSC X10 if
Quote: "what a shame. but i wont buy it no way"

This just proves how childish you are. How can you judge something if you never tried it? Second of all, why would any of us care about your opinion? You didn't show us any reason not to like FPSC X10, because you didn't really support the opinion.

Well I have an opinion too. I believe that you should leave these forums if you are just going to post this trash and complain about features for future versions.

That is all,
-Brian

phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
Both FPSC/FPSCx10 are great at what they were designed to do,offering game devolpment within a matter of a clicks and the results you get are outstanding in both pieces of software. There is no other software on the market that can offer this, and I would like to see the code needed to create a game that could match the funcationality and visuals that the FPSC provides.
While I do agree that additional MP support would be nice but currently it just isnt necessary there are more important issues to be fixed first.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 20:42
Quote: "There is no other software on the market that can offer this"

Liar!

http://sauerbraten.org/

http://www.silentworks.hu/index.php

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 21:54
...Sauerbraten is 100% free, too.

Silent Walk V2 is still in development, but the engine will eventually surpass FPSC in every category, if TGC doesn't get their act together.

Widow 13 - ©2008 Harsh Games, Inc
MLLamble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 22:23
First of all, I think it's time that somebody introduced you to upper-case letters. You use them at the start of a sentence, and the look like this: "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"
Now, down to business. I won't deny that FPSC and FPSC X10 have their share of problems. Despite those problems, however, they are some good products. They allow for the creation of some truly splendid games, given proper creativity.
As for multiplayer, it's true that FPSC and FPSC X10 aren't the next Halo or Half-Life 2. The multiplayer system is undoubtedly mediocre, but multiplayer is generally more of a bonus feature, anyway. You may really like online FPS gaming, but I have found it to be filled with jerks, obnoxiious people, and hackers.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 22:56
Quote: "...You may really like online FPS gaming, but I have found it to be filled with jerks, obnoxiious people, and hackers."

...well spoken, MLLamble.

Widow 13 - ©2008 Harsh Games, Inc
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 22:57
@webhead
Dude keep your opinion to your self instead of spaming the forums!

Quote: "You may really like online FPS gaming, but I have found it to be filled with jerks, obnoxiious people, and hackers. "

That is true as i play both shadowrun and halo 2 vista on pc. Some of my friends how play use aimbots and other hacks.

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "ohhh and my pc could actualy run it"

Chat sh!t...

Check out my site for the latest on my games.
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
I wasnt aware of those products? look good. why dont you use them though? unless they arent as good as fpsc?

webhead
Years of Service
User Offline
well to all you idiots that cant read ,i didnt say it was crap product as such please read it again.

and why should they listen because my hard earned cahs pays for twats like you to say what you did.

why would i waste my money on a product that doesnt do what i want it too ,or have a forum with members that just call you names and say why should anyone listen i have a right just like you to be here as i have brought products from this company GOT IT DUMMOS.

YOU GET REAL ,start listening to what people want or it will be your downfall ,listen to what im saying it cant even work on xp cant work on low end graphics cards which is 90 percent of all fps users most of people on here still got 286,s lol.

come on atleast make the thing run on all os,s even if it means itdowngrades itself.

i dont expect people to listen anyway but for me its bit of a let down.

and at the end of the day its all ready old as opengl 3 will kick its ass .

still there you go im off to play with torque engine bit too hard for people on here though so i wont get too technical or you brains might explode.

time to sell the copy of fps on ebay and get me some real software.

ta tar shant be back thanks for nothing as usual.
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Go away, webhead."

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 02:07
I`m not sure you got the technical ability to get past the packaging if you did order...
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 02:14 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 02:19
I tend to avoid posting here, but here goes -

Please listen webhead (not saying that your won't )

I want to put things into perspective, TGC aren't big game developers or even big game engine developers, they started out as a very small group of coders trying to make game making easier for hobbyists with their products and as more money came in they grew.

They're not a big game company with the funding, staff or time to make a big DX 10 first person game engine that's multiplayer. It's not about fear. Multiplayer can be quite complex and would have added a lot of time to their release date and they want to keep their customers happy by releasing it.

I'd also mention game engines can be very expensive, it's people like TGC who try to deliver them cheaply and with the best quality they can. Look at professional engines that do have multiplayer and tonnes more features (not to mention a lot more difficult) they're not £50, they're not even £500, they can go into 1000s and the big boys, well the go into 10,000s and more. Your 'indie' and 'hobbyist' engines are much cheaper, but they don't have all the great features the big ones have...FPSC X10 aims to produce high quality single player DX10 games (DX10 meaning Vista only, as DX10 is only available for Vista) with ease for the most inexperienced game makers...

Torque Game Engine advanced might be closer to your needs (it has multiplayer) but it is a lot lot harder to learn and not to mention more expensive...(And this is probably the closest sort of thing you'll get to your needs with the quality of FPSCX10)

And please man, don't come on the forums to slag the company off, they've worked hard and they can't please everybody's needs. I know people are shouting insults back, but then somethings members take very personally and such things as these are one of them.

You may be an avid multiplayer gamer, but FPSCX10's target audience aren't. I mean, you wouldn't buy Oblivion and go onto their forums stressing its lack of multiplayer. To be honest, I'm one of those gamers who only players single player.

Also, don't let negative comments get to you, it's some people's way of making a point.

Exit Pursued by man-bear-pig
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 02:45 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 02:48
Ok

So you obviously haven't even bothered to investigate before coming on and giving a bunch of criticism which is complete rubbish.

TGC have maintained that multiplayer isn't the focal point of their product development at the moment but its there. Gears of War only supports 4 vs 4 and FPSC can have 8 players online.

If you'd bothered to check out the thread on Lemur v2 you would know that team deathmatch is now possible aswell as in game chat.

TGC have offered a ridiculously good product in both FPSC and FPSC X10. I still can't believe the cost considering how good it is.

The full source code for v1.07 has just been made public so if your not happy with the multiplayer, learn Dark Basic professional network code and re compile something better.

Seth, man I can't believe you mentioned Silent Walk as an actual contender to FPSC's crown. Now if you want to talk bad engines, it was relevant to bring up. Only supporting 1 layer of level to work with, LOL. It's a brilliant engine if you want to re make the original Wolfenstein 3D. LOL
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 03:19 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 03:20
Quote: "start listening to what people want or it will be your downfall"

I've seen TGC (Specificly I remember Mike) talk to this community, ask questions on how he/they could improve, and I've seen these improvements being made. I challenge you to find another company that actually listen like TGC.

If you dont like TGC or their products, then simply dont come, stay away, because calling us "dummos" and bragging about how you can use Torque (wich considering your grammer, punctuation and even spelling I seriously doubt) is not going to make you the most popular guy around here.

Check out my site for the latest on my games.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 05:08
Quote: "Silent Walk V2 is still in development, but the engine will eventually surpass FPSC in every category"

I keep hearing this, Ive never seen anything of it apart from, it will surpass FPSC in every category, and thats all one see of it, that statment, I havnt even seen a screenshot of v2, nothing.
There is an expresion, put up or shut up, Now Im not a fan boy of fpsc, but silent walk V2, if you are better lets see, infact Id like to see anything of this product at all.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivitastudios.com/
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 06:28
LOL

You won't find any information about Silent Walk v2.

I was surprised to see Seth Black, Alimpo83 and Underside posting in the forums over there. People complain about FPSC not having enough features, you cant even build multi tier rooms with SW and the lighting / shadow mapping is, well see for yourself

http://www.silentworks.hu/index.php?page=gallery&screenshots

I doubt v2 will see the light of day and it would need to contain a huge amount of updates to compare with FPSC as it currently stands let alone "better it in every deparment". Yeah right.

Sorry. I'm not against the idea of FPSC having some competition but Silent Walk isn't in the same league and now that FPSC X10 is out, never will be.

Its interesting that people are moving to other forums complaining about lack of support / updates and general criticism of FPSC then join a forum where the product is actually that bad. LOL

The future of FPSC has been layed out by Lee in this months newsletter and these things are actually starting to happen e.g. v1.08 beta 4 which has improved performance, added support for headshot detection and increased the frame rate cap which everyone craved for so long.

There are other genuinely exciting features in the pipeline such as support for outdoor landscapes, vehicles, better AI, more scripting control with additional variables. I could go on but you'd be better off reading the newsletter

http://www.thegamecreators.com/data/newsletter/newsletter_issue_61.html

Silent Walk FPS Creator hasn't got any features which FPSC isn't already better at. There is some basic shader support "planned" for Silent Walk 2 which are "already" in FPSC X10 and Lemur v2 / EFX mod will provide for FPSC X9.

Its really quite ridiculous to compare the 2 engines. Amusing but ridiculous.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 07:01 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 07:08
Quote: "The future of FPSC has been layed out by Lee in this months newsletter"

X9's future was laid out. Not much 'commitment' on X10. It's a little like buying Vista and watching directx 11 come out for XP. Maybe naively I would expect X10 to get new features such as headshots first. It's not exactly encouraging to watch the list of features that differentiated the products dwindle.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 09:07
Dude, whats your point your just wasting time go ramble on about something somewhere else. i mean come on their is no point to this your just wasting time and forum space. Chill out dude.

C Yu

Punk13

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 20:49:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 20:49:22