Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / MOTF: Character teaser. Lythis Phyraius

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 05:23
Alrighty, This is Lythis Phyraius. She's an Elf, and the second main character in my game. I guess it's a teaser...well she's not a tease..Don't worry the second female character will be! Anyway she weights in at 1833 polys, a great decline from my first Character model that was 2400. I'm rather pleased with myself on the build time of her, considering I worked on Eyrilus for some odd 5 months off and on before I figured out what I really wanted to do with him. It's taken me about 6 days to model and texture her. It'll take about 1 full days worth of time to weightmap her.

Your free to comment with in reason or Critique..I'm interested on usefull fact based comments that could help me improve the mesh..or texture...If your an ego pusher or feel threaten by my Sh*Ty attempts a 3d modelling then come over to my house, and I'll teach you the meaning of respect and ways to use your teeth as dice . Also...if anyone feels like saying 'Thats not what an Elf looks like!'..2 things...

1. Write me at brenttallgesse1707@yahoo.com and tell me what you were smoking at the time of your Elf sighting...then if possible provide me with some of it, and we'll compare tripping stories..

2. If you read the LOTR and think She's not an Elf..cuz she doesnt look like the movie...then go find an imagination instead of using one that came from a boxed set.

Any Questions!? :-s

Anywayz enough of my ramblings. Below is a short bio of her, as well as pictures . Perhaps after I've animated her you guyz could post some 'suggested poses '

http://silvermoonstudios.netfirms.com/Lythis1.jpg
http://silvermoonstudios.netfirms.com/Lythis2.jpg
http://silvermoonstudios.netfirms.com/Lythis3.jpg

======================================================================
Lythis Phyraius

Weight: 110
Height: 5'5''
Elemental Magic: Water
Eyes: Sapphire Blue
Hair: Raven Black streaked with Lapis

A member of the Phyraius house, Lythis has inherited their Healing abilities. She is something of an anomiely in the Phyraius house having become deathy ill 4 times before the age of 100, casuing most of other members of her house to consider her too 'delicate' or frail for an elf. However her natural leanings to Water Magic over shadow her lithe build and strength several times over.

Cheers
"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 05:28
Nice work Brent

I don't know what to say really, but it does look like an elf to me.

Good to see you got that polycount down to a nice size.

2D Fighting game in Progress
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 05:33
Yeah...I did get sorta carried away with the threats ..my apologies..I just dont want a flame war going because some 13 yearold feels insecure or some professional feels like crushing someones dreams . If you could point out any thing that catches your eye in a bad way or something you think could be changed to enchance the image let me know...Implants are out of the question

Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 05:40
Hey,
Well as always your renders rule. Yeah its elfish enough for me, and I can't say much since there's nothing really wrong with model or the texture. The only I'm not too sure about is from the front view the nose looks a little....large? and the eyes could be a little larger. Or it could be that I'm just used to anime elves that look incredibly delicate. But apart from that it looks fine.

Please don't hurt me lol,
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 05:46 Edited at: 28th Jun 2003 05:51
Disco Stu:

Yeah..I orginaly used a few pictures of Christina Aguleria ..for refrence..cough cough...un..anyway..and I did my best to imatate the proportion as best as my eye could precieve it. And the eye's could be larger yes...I've considered making them and the lips bigger... and I was going for a 'delicate look'..but alas

Comments Noted my good man. Changes in process.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 06:38
It looks like where the end of the shirt meets the arm, the arm is too skinny. Other than that, the model looks great. She looks delicate as you said, and for some reason to me she looks more like the quiet type, like Lulu of FFX.

Cheers,

Good work,

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 06:45
Rpgamer:

Hmm...Quiet yes. Plus one browine point. What clued you into that, might I ask.

WindTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 05:22
Crap...100% total crap
j/k
Its a very subtle and cute looking elven chick
I can see where there will be problems animating the elbows though. They are so skinny you will probably end up with a 1 vertex elbow if you end up using mesh deform; if not, whatever ;p
Well since your not on AIM...figure i'd post somethin for ya.
Warning: Possible in-game spoiler below
The scenery is 100% mine and also 105% lightwave.
3 hours, 7800 poly, and a boat load of SasLite based sprites.

Live as if to die tomorrow...
Learn as if to live forever.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 07:27
Very nice indeed, once again you're lightwave skills shine, hell I might just have to check the program out. On an artist note, I'ld make the undernether shirt stick out at the bottem too, it just looks a liitle off. I'ld also make the eyes, shoulders, and arms a little bigger, and maybe a nose job. I know the light kinda fools ya on the third pic but it does look kinda wierd. Other than those minor points keep inspiring us hobbies.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 08:18
WindTech :

Rather Nice Looking. I love the prodecdural's on the moutains. However the secret to successful 3dart is Texturing, Lighting and Composition. The Texturing rocks...however the Lighting...the LIGHTING! Send the Scenefile my way and I'll throw in an HDRI and use my own grass settings. The HDRIlighting will imbue the scene and grass with photorealistic light diffusion. And for Composition...good...however give the scene more depth...make the field strech nearly to the horizon with the Mountains cloaked in fog...

WindTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 22:32
*hrm* yes...updated...

Live as if to die tomorrow...
Learn as if to live forever.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:26:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:26:00