Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Lightwave Importer for DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2003 00:46
I've been working on a handy LWO and LWS importer plugin-ish thing for DBP.

Features I'm planning to include/have included:
Full mesh import
Proper weight mapping
UV maps (up to 8 per mesh)
LW skeleton support
Camera data
Procedural texture baking
Bump map texture baking
Full animation coordinate/keyframe supprt (includes bones)
Lighting (With lens flares and animorphic baking)
Reflection map baking
Possibly Celshading if i can figure out the vertex shader issue with DBP (Raven i'm looking at you ;p)
Possibly a form of mesh deformation if i figure out a decent method to do so in DBP.

----Any body willing to help or contribute...feel free. It will be freeware at this point, so if you help your name will be in the credits, nothing more. If anyone has any questions about the LWO/LWS file format feel free to ask. --Mitch
Live as if to die tomorrow...
Learn as if to live forever.
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2003 01:57
Hey Windtech.

Don't tempt me with this stuff! I'm drooling all over my keyboard!

'Procedural texture baking'
Bump map texture baking

I've been using Surface Baker to bake Produral and Bump Textures into my final Image map...What will your do that Surface Baker cannot?

"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."
Darkheart
Years of Service
User Offline
Windtech, I'm curious to know how you are planning to get your stuff into DBP as AFAIK DBP doesn't have support for creating and manipulating Vertices/UV's/Surfaces/Triangles.

Are you going down the memblock route? From what I've heard that's a very complicated way to go.

I'd be interested to know how you are planning to implement a solution to this.

Darkheart

WindTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 19:47
Looking at the DBP code would definately be a great help -_-;;
but i'm somehow getting the feeling i'm not going to be able to do that... fortunately though i have some idea of how i'm going to approach it
And well, i have two options...
1: go ahead and follow the not-quite-satistfactory guide lines for adding functions into DBP
2: just outright h4x0r their program and force it to use another custom made DLL full of advanced 3d handling functions ;p but once again, i probably won't get to do that unless someone from the DBP team gives me permission ;p

Live as if to die tomorrow...
Learn as if to live forever.
Darkheart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 04:02 Edited at: 1st Jul 2003 04:02
AFAIK Patch 6 is going to have vertex commands implemented so I'm going to hang back from doing the DBP version of my Max exporter till then. As you need to mess with the 3D objects to do the deformation and mesh creation I don't know how you would create and manipulate meshes through functions.

Hacking the compiler sounds like a very difficult job, particularly keeping it functional at the same time. If you had a handle to start with messing with the 3D objects to start with that would be something but IMHO it's a lost cause.

ATM I would suggest your best course is either hang on for a patch which has the commands, or see if you can get it to work with Memblocks (I haven't tried this myself).

Darkheart

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:09:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:09:28