Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / V107 Released

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 02:26
Use the auto updater to get V107. Remember to be logged in as administrator, and running the main FPS Creator X10 application using the 'Run As Administrator' when attempting to use the Auto Update feature. This will not be required after V107 as the V107 patch itself now writes to a writable folder when performing updates. Here is the remainder of the fixes:

V1.07 - 02/03/08:

* Updated README with extra info on limits to video capture regarding sound sync
* Updated README on different approaches to installing the software and updates
* Adjusted AUTO UPDATE so 'latest version.ini' is written to DOCS folder, not PF
* Fixed bug that caused toolbar icons to shift to left (used OnSize to restore)

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 13:57
Nice, shame I can't get X10, my computer can barely handle X9, ....

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 23:34 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 23:37
wow thats amazing x10 is 1 update behind us in under 3 months, its taken x9 almost 3 years to get as far with updates as we've come, ahh w.e. this is frustrating.

@Lee is the x9 migration still planned by mid 08, or is it getting pushed back? and so you know lee, i feel neglected as a x9 customer. 2 1/2 years to get this far, and it takes x10 2 months....its not cool, at all. why couldnt you guys push out x9 updates this fast?

EDIT: without counting beta, x10 is right where x9 is.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Be quiet Bloodeath! All I have heard from you is whines and complains! X10, by my knowledge has only gotten 3 download-able updates, 1 of which was created with the release product. Lee has already been putting a lot of time into FPSC X9 as well as the TGC market place which is currently X9 only, though I'm not sure if it will go into X10 by release. Lee has made several improvements in speed to X9, as well as promised us the X10 migration after 1.08, which will be released soon. X9 also got head shots first, and was the original product, which I'm sure took as long as hell to create, and your lucky Lee isn't charging for updates. It's like X10 gets one update and you whine about it.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 01:09 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 01:10
Quote: "Use the auto updater to get V107."

Quote: "X10, by my knowledge has only gotten 3 download-able updates,"

i like you're math.

Quote: "and your lucky Lee isn't charging for updates"

i would more than gladly drop 20$ on updates if i got them the speed of x10s updates.
Quote: "
it's like X10 gets one update and you whine about it.
"

actually its like x10 gets 7 updates and catches up to x9 and x9 gets 5 betas before 1 single update, i havent seen any x10 betas...why? i have reasons as to why im complaining, its not like im saying omg tgc has forgotton about x9. im just saying x10 is infact getting better support for updates than x9 could ever dream of. ive been on these forums, 2 years waiting for updates to x9, and x10 comes around and gets the same amount of updates as x9 in a matter of a couple months....

maybe if you play MMO's you would understand, its kinda like, you spent 50 hours playing to get that 1 single uber godly weapon. then you see eight year old kids that can pwn you with something stronger because they had their mom buy it for them. it just feels like you got the short end of the stick.

Death has no end
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 01:27 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 01:29
Quote: "Use the auto updater to get V107."

Quote: "X10, by my knowledge has only gotten 3 download-able updates,"

i like you're math.
"

I like your spelling.

Grr, Lee has only posted about two new updates for X10, excluding the gore update, I'm pretty sure the other missing updates were internal ones, so do some research.

Quote: "Quote: "and your lucky Lee isn't charging for updates"

i would more than gladly drop 20$ on updates if i got them the speed of x10s updates.
"

I'd say X10's updates have a lot less improvements and changes compared to X9's, they are a lot smaller.

actually its like x10 gets 7 updates and catches up to x9 and x9 gets 5 betas before 1 single update, i havent seen any x10 betas...why?

"

You should be happy X9 gets betas, it helps Lee change the update to peoples liking. Again, X10's updates are smaller and less significant than X9's, and won't require many changes.

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok guys enough with the complaints.

Take a look at what has been released. All the updates for FPS Creator X10 have been updates so people who purchased their product can run it.

Not a single update "to-date" includes something that was new for FPS Creator X10 (The blood / ragdoll was in the beta's). Once again, they are all on fixing issues where people cannot run FPS Creator, build games because of administration privileages, or other miscellanious issues.

Everyone is able to run FPS Creator (the original) and build games. These new updates are not about new functionality but about support.
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 01:43 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 01:46
Quote: "Ok guys enough with the complaints.

Take a look at what has been released. All the updates for FPS Creator X10 have been updates so people who purchased their product can run it.

Not a single update "to-date" includes something that was new for FPS Creator X10 (The blood / ragdoll was in the beta's). Once again, they are all on fixing issues where people cannot run FPS Creator, build games because of administration privileages, or other miscellanious issues.

Everyone is able to run FPS Creator (the original) and build games. These new updates are not about new functionality but about support. "

Exactly. I was about to add something along those lines to my post.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 02:13 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 02:17
Quote: "Everyone is able to run FPS Creator (the original) and build games."

build a game with more than 5 levels, after the 8 level or something it simply wont build, after 5 levels in a single fpsc .exe the filesize will come out to be around 500mb-to 600mb for a simple 5-6 level game. run more than 20 dynamic entites in a level, it slows the engine down enough for it to be noticeable *and im running a pretty high end machine.* fps creator x9 is no way in good enough condition to create a mediocre game. i mean we didnt even get save game feature untill what a year into fpscs first release? and still doesnt save dynamic entites place when saving/loading. there are so many things that are broken/half assed in fpsc x9 still, i bet alot more than in x10.

obviously you werent around the fpsc forums back in the day or had the program back then, fpsc being able to load a good 3minute long level without running 28or lower fpsc is a huge success. which is pretty sad.

Death has no end
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 02:27 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 02:31
Uhh, no. I've been around longer than you have, in fact I was looking here when Fpsc was still coming together, I didn't own it when it came out, I use/d dark basic mostly. But I remember playing some games made with it, and they were pretty impressive, I know it takes more effort to make impressive games in fpsc now, but it still can be done. Look at a game like darkest island or Eldora, those games I actually wanted to play. Calling those mediocre is just dumb. Have you ever played Conker Bunker? That was an impressive game indeed.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 02:40 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 02:42
They were good for fpsc, put them to critics of outside of fpsc. i guarentee they would all be considered mediocre excluding eldora, which would be called having potentional. it may impress you because you know how they made it, and you know what they went through, but to everyone else, theyre judging it with having no experience with/ or knowing of the engine. just show me a game from fpsc that can get higher than 1/2 from a reliable source, like pcgamer or something along that stature, and ill take back my comment of fpsc not being able to produce a full game, still after 2 1/2 years of release.

not trying to offend any creators of those games.

Death has no end
danjo
Years of Service
User Offline
if you dont like it - then dont use it.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 06:55
Just a little recap on X10 changes compared to X9 changes

X10 Fixes
=========

* Updated README with extra info on limits to video capture regarding sound sync
* Adjusted AUTO UPDATE so 'latest version.ini' is written to DOCS folder, not PF
* Added REG script in DOCS folder which can be used where you want to re-copy over original files to the documents area (ResetUserFiles.reg)
* The above registry installer will fix the problem of old MYGAME.FPG projects having missing buttons (bkup first!)
* Replaced all TGA references in FPG and FPI project files to PNG (correct file format extension for X10)
* Update version numbers to correct value
* Corrected BUILD GAME error caused by incorrect textfile database value
* Host of Vista Compatability Issues resolved (including running under all Windows Vista Styles)
* Any scripts in Program Files scriptbank now copy to Documents if they do not exist there
* Fixed Sound Bug causing delays before any sounds are played (3D listener bug delay)
* Fixed bug causing ANIMATE not to work by using CLONE instead of INSTANCE for animated non-character entities
* Added BLOOD PACK Product (MATURE offshoot product as seperate executable)

X9 Fixes
========

* Made substantial change to universe meshgroup management to solve edge mesh disappearances by allowing more shared mesh detection and limit interior detection
* Corrected cursor assigned to FAKE segments, which now use new SOLID portal type
* Removed a double call to 'sound, music and animation monitoring' causing a small increase in overall framerate
* Reverted back to DirectX (OCTOBER 2006) D3DX_31.DLL for sustained compatibility with current FPSC users systems
* Using slightly modified DLLs from previous X10 Map Editor development for MAPEDITOR and GAME (non-impacting)
* Added code to SETUP DLL so passing an internal width of 799 will allow mapeditor to use desktop resolution instead
* Amended mapeditor code to use new rendering larger backbuffer and calculate for widescreen aspect ratios
* Toned down volume of metal walking material sound, less klangy
* Changed SYNC RATE to 34, and reduced detection ranges of characters to 500-600 (as recommended by modder s4real)
* Added code to skip areabox traversal if areabox empty of core meshes and visited before that cycle (10fps>20fps)
* Increased epsilon to allow meshes in segment construction wider that node for use as blockers (corridor visibility)
* Corrected all corridor segment values to ensure special mesh sizes are visible under new adjustments
* New segment type 11 added to all FAKE segments so that CSG holes punched through no longer causes a portal
* When a bullet hits a character in the head, 65500 damage is instantly dealt to that character (head shot)
* Head shot is not active by default. use the new APPEARWITHHEADSHOT.FPI in the INIT field of a characters script
* Added new HEADSHOT action for the FPI script which accepts zero for immune to headshots, and one to allow them
* Painting full room segments now automatically adds an outside ceiling to seal the segment if the area above is free
* Above addition ensures a quick painting of the level produces a sealed interior, thus producing a faster game
* Added FLAG in FPSC-050.txt for field 406. When set to 1, it will disable the above auto ceiling feature
* Model Packs can add additional files to the weapon folders. The build game now includes all non TGA files from the weapons folder where required
* When used the universe construction skip, old entity data would be used, rather than the existing map element data
* Added additional error reporting on all direct image loading, now returns CWD and Parameters Of LOAD IMAGE call
* Removed the delay at the end of each level (sometimes 20 seconds), prior to loading
* Added a small program to the TOOLS folder which allows you to test a friends machine for compatibility with FPSC standalone games
* Weapon when placed with weapon.fpi into a level would not orient correctly, replaced rotate object 0,0,0 with RX,RY,RZ
* Universe construction skip no longer interferes with build process or standalone executables
* Saving entity bank (.ENT) during construction would shuffle items using the entity reduction code from V104 (wrong)
* Added code to save the lighting data at the end of a universe construction to be retained for re-tests
* Increased speed of build process by skipping entitiy instance and attachment reports (which had an inbuilt display delay)
* Added universe construction skip code to re-use old static geometry and lighting if no static level elements where changed (faster build time)
* Ensured BUILD GAME can handle up to 50 levels, by ensuring internal arrays are large enough to handle extra level file information
* Added code to disable the FPI script editing for Arena Mode games. The script editors only produce single player game layouts
* Fixed problem of static entities using illumination shader in full shader mode did not account for lightmap data
* Added the local IP Address to multiplayer game title screen to provide maximum information for LAN and WAN gaming
* Further tweaked AI so that pistol and shutgun (forward attacker behaviours) do not run if not in line with player
* Further tweaked AI so that throw.fpi used by grenaders will lob grenades downward if player below them
* To avoid breaking AI behaviours of existing pre-V105 games, all modified scripts have a new 10.fpi extension (X10 designation)
* Better support for runtime error line numbers, in that they actually point to the correct line in the engine now
* Lightmapper now removes the RETRY prompt, and instead adds exception error handling for better bug reporting
* Modified firewall detection so that a true IP Address is detected and used for info and HOSTING (whatismyip.php)
* Restored ability for lightmapper to delete old lightmap files, which caused game sizes to swell over time
* Modified BUMPBONE shader so full effect characters are not semi-transparent by default
* Added additional thread and memory checks to the lightmapper, to catch unusual behaviour on some systems
* Added parameter to USEWEAPON FPI action to allow the throwing of flak to provide strength (100=full/50=half)
* Updated the core AI scripts for all default characters, giving them a more direct purpose (more predicatable behaviour)
* Added collision data to all voids in a scene so characters cannot run off ledges - better behaviour overall
* Added collision data radar to entity debug information mode so collision interactions can be visualised
* Changed V103/V105 texts in all languages to V105
* Fixed bug to restore ability to move the selection area splitter (making property area wider)
* Fixed bug to restore the colour dialog on the object properties field
* Selecting EDIT LOADING SCREEN without selecting a level no longer freezes the editor
* Reverted to DirectX OCTOBER 2006 (d3dx9_31.dll) due to compatibility issues with 1.X Shaders
* Replaced DirectX detector with simpler method, earlier in the Editor Initialisation Phase
* Reduced lightmapquality to 10 in setup.ini (reduces texture consumption by 800%)
* Fixed bug causing lightmapper to use an old mesh buffer after secondary UV added (replace=true)
* Ensured New Arena and Arena tab work in the new update of the FPS Creator interface
* Added code to verify no firewall is blocking communication with gamelist server, else useful error
* Added additional text when IP of local LAN detected, instructing user that any HOSTing is local only
* New mode added to 'lightmapthreadmax' from SETUP.INI. Mode -2 instructs the engine not to use threads
* Replaced FPSCreator.exe with statically linked BCG code (no more MFC DLL dependence)
* Updated Light Mapper to export DDS files for the lightmaps (faster final game loading)
* Fixed bug causing full lightmapping not to work in final build (cancelled no-real-load mode)
* Recompiled GAME and MAP programs under DirectX 10 December 2006 (d3dx_32.dll required)
* Detects DirectX December 2006 version prior to launching map editor (ease of use)
* Added LOADREPORT field to SETUP.INI, used to track load/build times of each segment of the game level loading sequence
* Added LIGHTMAPTHREADMAX to specify the maximum number of threads to create (for cross-processor calculation) (in testing)
* Can now build more than one level under DarkLIGHTS tech - did not free a kernal DLL link causing an error
* Pre-calculated the physics static geometry in the build phase so it can be loaded in real-time (significant load time saving)
* Bug in AIKO model revealed with update to new lightmapping, sorted by restoring OFFSET LIMB code dealing with character centering
* IMPORTANT: Before going direct to BUILD GAME, ensure you load your FPM levels and re-save them to ensure they are using the latest file version
* A number of brass and decal assets where updated for better quality visuals in the areas of gun firing
* Added new SMOKEDECAL field which overrides the SMOKE value in GUNSPEC.TXT, allowing any decal name to be specified for the gun smoke
* When SMOKE=1 is found in GUNSPEC.TXT, the engine replaces functionality and uses GUNSMOKE decal istead of SMOKE1 decal
* Slowed smoke by 50%, and added a new field to GUNSPEC.TXT called SMOKESPEED (with a default of 25)
* Adjusted brass ejections so they do not behave strangely if shoot machine guns upwards
* Added new fields in SETUP.INI for DarkLIGHTS minor settings
* Removed dialog popup during lightmapping phase of test and build process
* Added two new MFC related DLLs to help compatibility with systems that do not have .NET files installed
* Fixed bug causing light colour to 'wrap' when averaging the six closest dynamic/static lights (causing weird colour switches)
* Improved quality of routine pop-up texts and HUD stat texts to use uncompressed DDS formats for best quality, rather than DXT5
* Increased default texture size from 256 to 512 to combat missing lightmap texture issue on some static entities (possible bug)
* Removed some lightmap settings data from the FPG, causing lightmap defaults not to carry to the build-game process
* Fixed bug causing all dynamic light indexes to be lost when saved out to .LGT universe file (flickering lights work in final EXE)
* Added MFC71.DLL to associate with the new FPSCreator.exe BCG DLL (the origin of the DLL import) - should resolve some compatibility issues
* Added support for the DarkLIGHTS technology, replacing the built-in static object lightmapper with faster and better lightmapping
* If the MyGames folder has been deleted, FPSC will automatically restore this folder within the 'FPS Creator' folder
* The 'Physics Force Damage' field is predictable now. 100 causes no damage, higher values inflict damage on other entities this entity hits
* If continue to stack entities (using 'find ground' feature), the editor will automatically step up to the next layer to help editing
* NEW FEATURE : DarkLIGHTS Technology has now been added, replacing the old Quick-Light-Mapper (for improved visuals and speed)
* Adjusted FOV of smoke, so it emits from the correction position in the gun
* Adjusted speed and parabola of the shells so they eject and fall more cinematically
* By popular request, if your FPM level contains entities in the selection list that are no longer used, FPSC will remove them
* By popular request, if your FPM level contains segments in the selection list that are no longer used, FPSC will remove them
* Added a new debug string reporter to the SET DIR command (will display any folder name that is invalid during a build process)
* Muzzle flash now duplicated (for twin weapons) if FIRESPOT02 limb detected in HUD.X of weapon model
* Changed smoke emission position for guns from brasslimb marker to smokelimb marker (if smoke limb exists)
* Extended smoke and brass ejections to a twin gun system if FIRESPOT02, SMOKE02 and BRASS02 limb names used
* Changed tradgectory of brass ejections to orient on the gun, and expell to the right and down (more realistic)
* Added new fields to GUNSPEC.TXT called MUZZLECOLORR,MUZZLECOLORG,MUZZLECOLORB to control spot light flash colour
* Changed GAMECORE\BULLETHOLES\ to an alpha based approach (so bullet holes can work in cooperation with fog modes)
* Zoom accuracy is now affected by a new GUNSPEC.TXT settings called ZOOMACCURACY (0=deadly accurate) - multiplied by zoom factor!
* Fixed SAVE/LOAD bug that caused objectives to be wiped. Now completed objectives are remembered after a reload
* Added code so that DEBUGREPORT flag works properly
* Added SETTARGETNAME as a new FPI action. Specify an entity name to force the entity using the action to target the named entity
* Restored test game release code (so the time it takes to free resources is less = faster text game exit time)
* When HUDTEXT is used, without any other image based HUD, decal in corner does not corrupt screen
* Added new feature of HUD DISPLAY (as in HUDMAKE=DISPLAY) which scrolls any text-only writing upwards when shown (prevents overwrite)
* Replaced the FPSC-MapEditor.exe with the original V1 version (reduces compatibility problems)
* Replaced the Basic3D using a new build of the DLL to facilitate FOG fixes (and future fixes - speed test alert)
* FOG colours now work again, not just black
* Brought FOG range closer that previous defaults, 1000.0 from camera instead of 4000.0 from camera
* Modified FASTBONE.FX shader to account for any FOG within the level scene
* Fixed bug causing allbut first weapon to disappear from hands of characters
* Changed version number to V104 on the initial splash screen
* Created a fall-back to older functionality where a sound cannot load using NO_VIRT mode
* Corrected player speed limit so there is no lower limit, upper limit must remain for stability reasons
* Increased resource for attachments (guns and shadows) so more entities can be created
* Increased loading of enemies allowing them to only load one weapon (held weapon)
* Optimized Sound Manager to avoid a possible 20 million iteration loop (speed up for large levels)
* Switched 3D Sound Buffers to use faster CPU basic virtualiser, and switched off Listener Doppler (faster fps)
* All 3D Sounds now created using DSBCAPS_MUTE3DATMAXDISTANCE - distant sounds muted (faster fps)
* Capped Player Speed to reasonable (none-game-killing) limits 50 to 200 (default is 100)
* Added an FPSC bug reporting tool written by Thomas Gortler (useful for reporting issues)
* Fixed bug where sound zones would re-trigger after a saved game was reloaded
* Added code to auto-expand AILIST() array associated with new FPI scripts
* Fixed bug caused by spawned objects floating in air after mid-action save/reload action
* Added new flag in SETUP.INI called EXITPROMPTREPORT=1 (which helps reveal the error 0,0 bug)
* Added code to auto-expand Segment Arrays to handle as many segments as the level requires
* Corpse based killed enemies no longer resurrect when reloading a saved game
* Fixed problem causing FPSCreator.exe not to reload the map editor after a BUILD GAME
* If a weapon is added via an FPSC model pack, it no longer crashes if a VWEAP.X not exist
* Fixed icon corruption in FPSC builds once and for all
* Story Zone crash bug fixed, caused by playing animations after a secondary level load
* Created program 'FPSCreatorDumpMem.exe' - run it after a freeze to gather important info
* Added version number to splash screen at start of software
* Improved FPI wizards for TITLE and GLOBAL SCRIPT to handle the new save load feature
* When click SAVE/LOAD GAME, mouse pointer moved to area where an instant click is not detected
* Restored V1 integrity - replaced all changes from V101 and V102, V1 behaviour restored
* Fixed bug caused by window smashing changing scale of regular decal usage
* Fixed material system so it can now handle materials 11-99 properly
* Save executable now keeps the entity textures that use built-in texture filenames
* Be aware that you cannot have good multi-material static meshes (use Immobile dynamic instead)
* Be aware you should not mix a static and non static entity that shares the same multitexture
* Solved problem when entities take a few seconds to warmup (start spinning/hovering)
* Reduced redundant array checks in the engine (slightly faster at the cost of poor bugreports)
* Added internal mechanisms for SAVE/LOAD feature, along with new dialog gfx and text

Check out the thread in the FPSC Chat forum on the timeline we are working towards for all FPS Creator fixes and features. There is plenty happening for everyone

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
See bloodeath? Lee is giving good support to both.

shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 19:08
X10 wont update it just says n/a

[
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 04:30 Edited at: 4th Mar 2008 04:31
Quote: "X10 Fixes
=========

* Added REG script in DOCS folder which can be used where you want to re-copy over original files to the documents area (ResetUserFiles.reg)
* The above registry installer will fix the problem of old MYGAME.FPG projects having missing buttons (bkup first!)
* Replaced all TGA references in FPG and FPI project files to PNG (correct file format extension for X10)
* Update version numbers to correct value
* Corrected BUILD GAME error caused by incorrect textfile database value
* Host of Vista Compatability Issues resolved (including running under all Windows Vista Styles)
* Any scripts in Program Files scriptbank now copy to Documents if they do not exist there
* Fixed Sound Bug causing delays before any sounds are played (3D listener bug delay)
* Fixed bug causing ANIMATE not to work by using CLONE instead of INSTANCE for animated non-character entities
* Added BLOOD PACK Product (MATURE offshoot product as seperate executable)

X9 Fixes
========

* Made substantial change to universe meshgroup management to solve edge mesh disappearances by allowing more shared mesh detection and limit interior detection
* Corrected cursor assigned to FAKE segments, which now use new SOLID portal type
* Removed a double call to 'sound, music and animation monitoring' causing a small increase in overall framerate
* Reverted back to DirectX (OCTOBER 2006) D3DX_31.DLL for sustained compatibility with current FPSC users systems
* Using slightly modified DLLs from previous X10 Map Editor development for MAPEDITOR and GAME (non-impacting)
* Added code to SETUP DLL so passing an internal width of 799 will allow mapeditor to use desktop resolution instead
* Amended mapeditor code to use new rendering larger backbuffer and calculate for widescreen aspect ratios
* Toned down volume of metal walking material sound, less klangy
* Changed SYNC RATE to 34, and reduced detection ranges of characters to 500-600 (as recommended by modder s4real)
* Added code to skip areabox traversal if areabox empty of core meshes and visited before that cycle (10fps>20fps)
* Increased epsilon to allow meshes in segment construction wider that node for use as blockers (corridor visibility)
* Corrected all corridor segment values to ensure special mesh sizes are visible under new adjustments
* New segment type 11 added to all FAKE segments so that CSG holes punched through no longer causes a portal
* When a bullet hits a character in the head, 65500 damage is instantly dealt to that character (head shot)
* Head shot is not active by default. use the new APPEARWITHHEADSHOT.FPI in the INIT field of a characters script
* Added new HEADSHOT action for the FPI script which accepts zero for immune to headshots, and one to allow them
* Painting full room segments now automatically adds an outside ceiling to seal the segment if the area above is free
* Above addition ensures a quick painting of the level produces a sealed interior, thus producing a faster game
* Added FLAG in FPSC-050.txt for field 406. When set to 1, it will disable the above auto ceiling feature
* Model Packs can add additional files to the weapon folders. The build game now includes all non TGA files from the weapons folder where required
* When used the universe construction skip, old entity data would be used, rather than the existing map element data
* Added additional error reporting on all direct image loading, now returns CWD and Parameters Of LOAD IMAGE call
* Removed the delay at the end of each level (sometimes 20 seconds), prior to loading
* Added a small program to the TOOLS folder which allows you to test a friends machine for compatibility with FPSC standalone games
* Weapon when placed with weapon.fpi into a level would not orient correctly, replaced rotate object 0,0,0 with RX,RY,RZ
* Universe construction skip no longer interferes with build process or standalone executables
* Saving entity bank (.ENT) during construction would shuffle items using the entity reduction code from V104 (wrong)
* Added code to save the lighting data at the end of a universe construction to be retained for re-tests
* Increased speed of build process by skipping entitiy instance and attachment reports (which had an inbuilt display delay)
* Added universe construction skip code to re-use old static geometry and lighting if no static level elements where changed (faster build time)
* Ensured BUILD GAME can handle up to 50 levels, by ensuring internal arrays are large enough to handle extra level file information
* Added code to disable the FPI script editing for Arena Mode games. The script editors only produce single player game layouts
* Fixed problem of static entities using illumination shader in full shader mode did not account for lightmap data
* Added the local IP Address to multiplayer game title screen to provide maximum information for LAN and WAN gaming
* Further tweaked AI so that pistol and shutgun (forward attacker behaviours) do not run if not in line with player
* Further tweaked AI so that throw.fpi used by grenaders will lob grenades downward if player below them
* To avoid breaking AI behaviours of existing pre-V105 games, all modified scripts have a new 10.fpi extension (X10 designation)
* Better support for runtime error line numbers, in that they actually point to the correct line in the engine now
* Lightmapper now removes the RETRY prompt, and instead adds exception error handling for better bug reporting
* Modified firewall detection so that a true IP Address is detected and used for info and HOSTING (whatismyip.php)
* Restored ability for lightmapper to delete old lightmap files, which caused game sizes to swell over time
* Modified BUMPBONE shader so full effect characters are not semi-transparent by default
* Added additional thread and memory checks to the lightmapper, to catch unusual behaviour on some systems
* Added parameter to USEWEAPON FPI action to allow the throwing of flak to provide strength (100=full/50=half)
* Updated the core AI scripts for all default characters, giving them a more direct purpose (more predicatable behaviour)
* Added collision data to all voids in a scene so characters cannot run off ledges - better behaviour overall
* Added collision data radar to entity debug information mode so collision interactions can be visualised
* Changed V103/V105 texts in all languages to V105
* Fixed bug to restore ability to move the selection area splitter (making property area wider)
* Fixed bug to restore the colour dialog on the object properties field
* Selecting EDIT LOADING SCREEN without selecting a level no longer freezes the editor
* Reverted to DirectX OCTOBER 2006 (d3dx9_31.dll) due to compatibility issues with 1.X Shaders
* Replaced DirectX detector with simpler method, earlier in the Editor Initialisation Phase
* Reduced lightmapquality to 10 in setup.ini (reduces texture consumption by 800%)
* Fixed bug causing lightmapper to use an old mesh buffer after secondary UV added (replace=true)
* Ensured New Arena and Arena tab work in the new update of the FPS Creator interface
* Added code to verify no firewall is blocking communication with gamelist server, else useful error
* Added additional text when IP of local LAN detected, instructing user that any HOSTing is local only
* New mode added to 'lightmapthreadmax' from SETUP.INI. Mode -2 instructs the engine not to use threads
* Replaced FPSCreator.exe with statically linked BCG code (no more MFC DLL dependence)
* Updated Light Mapper to export DDS files for the lightmaps (faster final game loading)
* Fixed bug causing full lightmapping not to work in final build (cancelled no-real-load mode)
* Recompiled GAME and MAP programs under DirectX 10 December 2006 (d3dx_32.dll required)
* Detects DirectX December 2006 version prior to launching map editor (ease of use)
* Added LOADREPORT field to SETUP.INI, used to track load/build times of each segment of the game level loading sequence
* Added LIGHTMAPTHREADMAX to specify the maximum number of threads to create (for cross-processor calculation) (in testing)
* Can now build more than one level under DarkLIGHTS tech - did not free a kernal DLL link causing an error
* Pre-calculated the physics static geometry in the build phase so it can be loaded in real-time (significant load time saving)
* Bug in AIKO model revealed with update to new lightmapping, sorted by restoring OFFSET LIMB code dealing with character centering
* IMPORTANT: Before going direct to BUILD GAME, ensure you load your FPM levels and re-save them to ensure they are using the latest file version
* A number of brass and decal assets where updated for better quality visuals in the areas of gun firing
* Added new SMOKEDECAL field which overrides the SMOKE value in GUNSPEC.TXT, allowing any decal name to be specified for the gun smoke
* When SMOKE=1 is found in GUNSPEC.TXT, the engine replaces functionality and uses GUNSMOKE decal istead of SMOKE1 decal
* Slowed smoke by 50%, and added a new field to GUNSPEC.TXT called SMOKESPEED (with a default of 25)
* Adjusted brass ejections so they do not behave strangely if shoot machine guns upwards
* Added new fields in SETUP.INI for DarkLIGHTS minor settings
* Removed dialog popup during lightmapping phase of test and build process
* Added two new MFC related DLLs to help compatibility with systems that do not have .NET files installed
* Fixed bug causing light colour to 'wrap' when averaging the six closest dynamic/static lights (causing weird colour switches)
* Improved quality of routine pop-up texts and HUD stat texts to use uncompressed DDS formats for best quality, rather than DXT5
* Increased default texture size from 256 to 512 to combat missing lightmap texture issue on some static entities (possible bug)
* Removed some lightmap settings data from the FPG, causing lightmap defaults not to carry to the build-game process
* Fixed bug causing all dynamic light indexes to be lost when saved out to .LGT universe file (flickering lights work in final EXE)
* Added MFC71.DLL to associate with the new FPSCreator.exe BCG DLL (the origin of the DLL import) - should resolve some compatibility issues
* Added support for the DarkLIGHTS technology, replacing the built-in static object lightmapper with faster and better lightmapping
* If the MyGames folder has been deleted, FPSC will automatically restore this folder within the 'FPS Creator' folder
* The 'Physics Force Damage' field is predictable now. 100 causes no damage, higher values inflict damage on other entities this entity hits
* If continue to stack entities (using 'find ground' feature), the editor will automatically step up to the next layer to help editing
* NEW FEATURE : DarkLIGHTS Technology has now been added, replacing the old Quick-Light-Mapper (for improved visuals and speed)
* Adjusted FOV of smoke, so it emits from the correction position in the gun
* Adjusted speed and parabola of the shells so they eject and fall more cinematically
* By popular request, if your FPM level contains entities in the selection list that are no longer used, FPSC will remove them
* By popular request, if your FPM level contains segments in the selection list that are no longer used, FPSC will remove them
* Added a new debug string reporter to the SET DIR command (will display any folder name that is invalid during a build process)
* Muzzle flash now duplicated (for twin weapons) if FIRESPOT02 limb detected in HUD.X of weapon model
* Changed smoke emission position for guns from brasslimb marker to smokelimb marker (if smoke limb exists)
* Extended smoke and brass ejections to a twin gun system if FIRESPOT02, SMOKE02 and BRASS02 limb names used
* Changed tradgectory of brass ejections to orient on the gun, and expell to the right and down (more realistic)
* Added new fields to GUNSPEC.TXT called MUZZLECOLORR,MUZZLECOLORG,MUZZLECOLORB to control spot light flash colour
* Changed GAMECOREBULLETHOLES to an alpha based approach (so bullet holes can work in cooperation with fog modes)
* Zoom accuracy is now affected by a new GUNSPEC.TXT settings called ZOOMACCURACY (0=deadly accurate) - multiplied by zoom factor!
* Fixed SAVE/LOAD bug that caused objectives to be wiped. Now completed objectives are remembered after a reload
* Added code so that DEBUGREPORT flag works properly
* Added SETTARGETNAME as a new FPI action. Specify an entity name to force the entity using the action to target the named entity
* Restored test game release code (so the time it takes to free resources is less = faster text game exit time)
* When HUDTEXT is used, without any other image based HUD, decal in corner does not corrupt screen
* Added new feature of HUD DISPLAY (as in HUDMAKE=DISPLAY) which scrolls any text-only writing upwards when shown (prevents overwrite)
* Replaced the FPSC-MapEditor.exe with the original V1 version (reduces compatibility problems)
* Replaced the Basic3D using a new build of the DLL to facilitate FOG fixes (and future fixes - speed test alert)
* FOG colours now work again, not just black
* Brought FOG range closer that previous defaults, 1000.0 from camera instead of 4000.0 from camera
* Modified FASTBONE.FX shader to account for any FOG within the level scene
* Fixed bug causing allbut first weapon to disappear from hands of characters
* Changed version number to V104 on the initial splash screen
* Created a fall-back to older functionality where a sound cannot load using NO_VIRT mode
* Corrected player speed limit so there is no lower limit, upper limit must remain for stability reasons
* Increased resource for attachments (guns and shadows) so more entities can be created
* Increased loading of enemies allowing them to only load one weapon (held weapon)
* Optimized Sound Manager to avoid a possible 20 million iteration loop (speed up for large levels)
* Switched 3D Sound Buffers to use faster CPU basic virtualiser, and switched off Listener Doppler (faster fps)
* All 3D Sounds now created using DSBCAPS_MUTE3DATMAXDISTANCE - distant sounds muted (faster fps)
* Capped Player Speed to reasonable (none-game-killing) limits 50 to 200 (default is 100)
* Added an FPSC bug reporting tool written by Thomas Gortler (useful for reporting issues)
* Fixed bug where sound zones would re-trigger after a saved game was reloaded
* Added code to auto-expand AILIST() array associated with new FPI scripts
* Fixed bug caused by spawned objects floating in air after mid-action save/reload action
* Added new flag in SETUP.INI called EXITPROMPTREPORT=1 (which helps reveal the error 0,0 bug)
* Added code to auto-expand Segment Arrays to handle as many segments as the level requires
* Corpse based killed enemies no longer resurrect when reloading a saved game
* Fixed problem causing FPSCreator.exe not to reload the map editor after a BUILD GAME
* If a weapon is added via an FPSC model pack, it no longer crashes if a VWEAP.X not exist
* Fixed icon corruption in FPSC builds once and for all
* Story Zone crash bug fixed, caused by playing animations after a secondary level load
* Created program 'FPSCreatorDumpMem.exe' - run it after a freeze to gather important info
* Added version number to splash screen at start of software
* Improved FPI wizards for TITLE and GLOBAL SCRIPT to handle the new save load feature
* When click SAVE/LOAD GAME, mouse pointer moved to area where an instant click is not detected
* Restored V1 integrity - replaced all changes from V101 and V102, V1 behaviour restored
* Fixed bug caused by window smashing changing scale of regular decal usage
* Fixed material system so it can now handle materials 11-99 properly
* Save executable now keeps the entity textures that use built-in texture filenames
* Be aware that you cannot have good multi-material static meshes (use Immobile dynamic instead)
* Be aware you should not mix a static and non static entity that shares the same multitexture
* Solved problem when entities take a few seconds to warmup (start spinning/hovering)
* Reduced redundant array checks in the engine (slightly faster at the cost of poor bugreports)
* Added internal mechanisms for SAVE/LOAD feature, along with new dialog gfx and text"

WOW..........Lee......How long did that take you.......really.......thats alot.

Also, I bet thats the longist quote ever on the fourm. I DEMAND TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME..............LOL!!!!

BOOM!!!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 04:41
Did you really HAVE to quote that? Lol... I could quote your whole post and then I would win

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 05:01 Edited at: 4th Mar 2008 05:02
alright i feel the heat from that post lee

Since you like digging up information tell me Exactly how long fpsc x9 members had to wait for an update. then tell me exactly how long x10 members had to wait for their first update.
Maybe then you'll understand why im steamed up
then you tell me whos getting the better end of the stick

Death has no end
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 05:02 Edited at: 4th Mar 2008 05:04
X9's first update was a lot bigger than X10's. X10's also newer, it's common knowledge to give more attention to making sure a new product works like it's supposed to than just giving features to an old one.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 05:10
Quote: "X9's first update was a lot bigger than X10's. X10's also newer, it's common knowledge to give more attention to making sure a new product works like it's supposed to than just giving features to an old one.
"

so wtf? where was that common sense when x9 came out, thanks for proving my point.

Death has no end
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 05:34
Version 1 was a big jump from EA, which was the first version truly released. I'd say you could almost treat V1 as a mungle of updates to start with.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 05:40
Quote: "Version 1 was a big jump from EA, which was the first version truly released. I'd say you could almost treat V1 as a mungle of updates to start with."

uhm, no. when i buy a program i expect nothing less than version 1. if it was version 0.5 then i wouldnt buy it cause it doesnt sound completed

Death has no end
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 05:54
Yea...well...................blagjs;'dljsats.t. Take that

You must admit for $50 it's a pretty good fricken' game engine.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 05:57
Quote: "You must admit for $50 it's a pretty good fricken' game engine.
"

Now.

Death has no end
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Why are you still complaining?

Thanks for the updates Lee.
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "so wtf? where was that common sense when x9 came out, thanks for proving my point."

There were a lot of things to address with V1, so it took longer to get to them. X10 was built of X9(I think) so alot of it was already done for Lee.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 23:15
Thanks for the updates Lee

Who cares that it took a while to get where FPSC has got to now.

I remember tearing my hair out when I realised flashing lights only worked in a test game and not a full build.

I still hung in there and somewhere around v1.03 it was fixed as have loads of the other niggly things which can be so frustrating.

FPSC X10 has met my expectations which were high given the system requirements and X9 is breaking into new territory with updates all the time.

We'd all like to have a 'perfect' engine to work with tomorrow but Lee doesn't have a team of 30 professional game programmers working for him and to see what he's managed to do with such little resource is quite frankly amazing.

He could charge a lot more money for X9 and X10 and I for one would still have paid it.

I think your totally underestimating the contribution that he's made and how lucky you are to be benefiting from it.

Thanks for all the updates you've provided for X9 and X10 Lee. It's testament to how good your engine is that people have stuck with it whilst you've ironed out all the issues.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 21:40
I think most could do with a few less Xbox games in exchange for more features and faster updates. I hate to say it, but I'd pay more also!

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Blaike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 11:57
still can't get in touch with update server.

Jase
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 17:01
Still cant update from 1.01 Gets the latest version info ok. Click download and I get "could not create local file" message. And yes, i've run as admin and tried with UAC off, same error I give up now. And its designed for Vista LOL

MetalMackey
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 20:35
Have you tried a complete uninstall and removal of any files from the Documents\FPSC X10 Files folder, then creating a new Administrator account, switching off UAC, resetting the machine and then installing FPS Creator X10, then running the auto update twice?

Jase
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 22:13
So, I have to uninstall then make a new admin account, turn off UAC, install FPSx10 using the new account, update twice, delete the newer account and turn UAC back on?

When do I install the blood patch during all this? It's a good job my anti-virus and anti-spyware dont need this much to update LOL The PC would of had a hammer to it by now Even adobe software updates with no hassle. Oh well.

MetalMackey
The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 00:27
To be honest drop X9 and go full ahead for X10! A small spec X10 pc can even run things faster then X9 on a full spec X9 pc Keep up the good work tgc! ( and please a bit faster with the expansion packs to X10 please, no rush just want it so bad )
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 01:47 Edited at: 7th Mar 2008 01:48
Jase, have you gave administration rights to FPS Creator?
Also What version of Vista are you using?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jase
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 16:42
Yeah mate, I gave it admin rights. Running on Vista Ultimate 64bit.

TGC: Cant you please put the patch in our orders section. If the auto-update is fixed in the patch then there will be no need to have newer patches there. Please, please at least consider ir it. I've tried everything else.

Thanks

MetalMackey
Blaike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2008 01:48
Jase try changing the security privileges for the program files directory. That might help.

For me it's just a problem of not connecting to the server. I can't get the new version number or anything.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2008 23:14
For those of you who simply cannot get Vista to co-operate with FPS Creator X10 when trying to connect to the server, you can now download the auto update directly from your Order History. I had hoped to avoid having you go through this, but until we can make FPS Creator X10 completely bullet proof for connecting and performing auto updates seamlessly, you can rely on this fall back position. When you download and apply the update manually, ensure you are in administrator mode, and also try using the auto update system afterwards to see what happnes. Good luck!

Blaike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 01:41
Great Lee! thanks so much.

Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 00:55
There is something else on FPSCX10. It's not to stable. I can't even get a game built without it crashing. I would like to see this in the next update for FPSCX10.

BOOM!!!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, I have had no issues at all. What are your system specs? It ran well out of the box and now even better with the update. Thanks LEE!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 16:49:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 16:49:56