Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Game Design Theory / Modern Conflict-FPS Idea

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 19:57 Edited at: 10th Jun 2008 19:58
Quote: "thought i should revive this thread a bit...

it's difficult but one feature that would IMO be required to make this work effectively is creating a persistent world.

other features that I would like to see in a military FPS like this, is massive multiplayer campaigns (e.g. they could last for several hours [with the possibility of saving the session] and require massive planning and organization) and the game being heavily role-based (pretty much like VBS2) where some players could be special forces soldiers and another player could be a chopper pilot ferrying those soldiers in.

that was my original concept for the FPS i was trying to make a while ago (called Battle Tactics) so pretty much i was trying to recreate ArmA/Flashpoint/VBS (any of those)"

Yeah, it would definitely be persistent. As for an MMO, I've considered doing multiplayer (not MMO), with maybe max 32 people, but I still haven't decided yet, because I don't think that most people would play right, and I don't know how to force those that don't to play right. It would require a lot of team coordination that is too often lacking in any online game, where most people are just every man for himself. But with singleplayer, if the person wanted to play stupid, they would just be ruining the experience for themselves, and if they played how it's supposed to be played, the AI would play correctly as well.

Quote: "Make it futuristic, but alot unlike Tom Clancy warfighter, its hard to complete one level on it."

It will probably take place around 2012, because that's probably around the time it'd be done, lol. And as bad and far away as that sounds, I started PoPR in 2004, and I now hope to have it out by the end of 2008 .

After playing ArmA, a feature that was already basically in place, but I wanted to emphasize, is that you'll never play a battle twice. In ArmA I'll often save right before a battle and have to try it 10 times to finally beat it, replaying the same thing. In MC, you won't just reload a save when you die so that you can retry, but instead you'll just be out of the battle.

sp3ng
Years of Service
User Offline
getting people to play properly can be done by using by the following:
- in depth training (think americas army style) that you MUST pass in order to play the game
- deterring players from being the "lone-wolf" by making the game extremely realistic (get shot in the knee and you'll need to crawl rather than getting taken back to base by you team)

another feature that i found in crysis that freaks me out, is having animals roam around, not only do they make noises when you creeping and scare the hell out of you, they also attract your eye (due to movement) and distract you.

also if a whole heap of animals run away from somewhere chances are thats we're you are and then the enemy will know that

Add Me
Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
sp3ng, I dissagree with your first point. America's army training or No Go idea sucked.

Where can I get the codes. I know how to build it with codes. GET IT. I HOPE U UNDERSTAND. DUHH

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 11:20:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 11:20:56