Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3d animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have tried creating 3d models in 3ds max and then exporting them 2 a .3ds and then i have used milkshape to convert it to .x but it doesnt seem to take the animation with it? it there ne way of converting my animated 3ds to a .x format that will work properly in DB?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 02:34
depending on which 3dsmax there is the microsoft dx exporter
also there are is the MD3 one (which i've tested and works fine in patch 1.04.1)

just play with the different formats DBP is capable of

I pride myself that i don't kill... well not without a good reason
JAT
Years of Service
User Offline
There's a conv3ds.exe .3ds to .x conversion program floating around somewhere (did I hear it comes with DarkBasic or DarkMatter?).

JTEdit (http://www.jtgame.com/jtedit) supports reading and writing both .3ds and .x files with animations, though I've no guarantees it works for all .3ds files.

But if you're modeling in Max, the .x exporter is the best bet. That is, if it works. The one I tried from the DirectX SDK a long time ago didn't work well for me, but maybe they've fixed it.

-John

John Thompson
http://www.jtgame.com/jtedit
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd like to get a copy of the MS Xskin...dle, but I don't want to download the whole sdk. Also, the Panda Exporter sucks big time I'd like to try and find this conv3ds thing, I haven't found it in any of my db or DBPro cds, I finally get a great looking engine up, some really kewl character models and now I can't get their aniation to export with the x file! AARGH It's one of the few reasons i paid for DBPro!

AIPX Rocks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:43:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:43:33