Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / RAVEN! You use max, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok dude, I know how to model, animate rig bone skin, texture unwrap the works. My models are flawless in max they're beautiful, They even look great in DBPro, but there is one problem. THEY REFUSE TO ANIMATE I tried using Character FX and it wouldn't even import my 3ds, it gave me a german error and froze. I'm trying to get my hands on the x exporter in the sdk for dx, and I'm looking for that conv3ds.exe file in the dx extras, however, WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU EXPORT YOUR ANIMATED FIGS? It's killing me bro, I've lost about three night of sleep on just this one issue. Even if you AREN'T RAVEN and you know the answer please say so, I can't believe I got all my ducks in a row in max and I can't animate in DBPro. AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!! Please Help people, I've posted stuff like this multiple times and I know I can't be the only one with this issue. If you guys know something I don't I'm all ears!

Thanx

Wayne
AIPX Rocks
The Big Babou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 15:12
try the panda directx exporter.

it's here:
http://www.pandasoft.demon.co.uk/directxmax4.htm

why does it give a german error code???
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 15:38
the best way i've found to export that dbpro recognises is MD3 ... pop'n'fresh 6 works in all Max's (including gmax) so is well worth getting.

Also Microsofts DirectX Export is pretty good, as long as you convert skinned mesh to CStudio Physiqué

AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 21:36 Edited at: 30th Jun 2003 21:37
if you have max why not use character studio?

Goto http://www.shellshockede.com
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Raven: thanx I'll try all that.
Big: I'm using the Panda Exporter, it's not working
Frogger: That would be too easy.

THanx for the help Raven

AIPX Rocks
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 00:24
Quote: "if you have max why not use character studio?"

not all versions have it free... although every version is shipped with a copy, they don't all include serial codes.

same goes for Reactor & Fusion, they're there and you can update them, but you don't get the serial in the box - its stupid if you ask me.

i'll see about uploading the Microsoft Exporter i use, i took the one they were using and used the FDK to redevelop it better to use any Max features - though only for 5.1 unfortunately ( as thats all i had installed when i compiled) ... i could just upload the source and let you guys compile for you own Max's though i suppose

Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Raven
I found the Xskinexp.dle file It makes my model lay down on the ground and untextures it. hmmmmm, I'll keep playing with it.

I also found that fabulous converter that came with dbc....hmmmm.yeah....

Anyways thanx raven. I'll keep plugging away, if I can fix this bone problem I could have a tech demp done in a week.

If you want to check out my model I'll email you the max and TGA file with it.

Enchantisoft_Studios@hotmail.com

Wayne

AIPX Rocks
wednesday
Years of Service
User Offline
Quest 3d have a "fixed" version of the directX exporter you may want to try.

http://www.quest3d.com/index.php3?id=102

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:13:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:13:56