Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / My model doesnt show up!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 11:00 Edited at: 16th Mar 2008 09:28
Hi, ive noticed that with my model, it doesnt show up ingame!! In the editing mode, i can see it perfectly but when i test the game the model doesnt show. What is happening here?
Ive put a screenie that shows my situation

i suck at this, but i love it

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 20:29 Edited at: 12th Mar 2008 20:31
...welcome to the wonderful world of FPSC.

The first thing that comes to mind, is that:

1. The .x file decends below the 0,0,0 axis, and the model may have fallen below the floor.

2. The model is not set as STATIC, is not set to ISIMMOBILE = YES, and it may be reacting to PHYSICS.

If either of these guesses is correct, then you could do the following:

1. In your modeling program, reposition the model so that it sits right on the x axis. Also, if it doesn't already have one, create a bone, name it Body, and place it at x=0,y=0,z=0. Assign the mesh to the new bone. Export.

2. In the PROPERTIES menu, set STATIC = YES. If you wish the entity to be DYNAMIC, set ISIMMOBILE = YES, and turn the PHYSICS off.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Seth Black

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.

Hunter Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 23:05
Seth Black is probably right. If you put up the download for the link it would be easier to help you.

ineedanewspacebar
Years of Service
User Offline
okelies, ive tried turning the phusics on and off and the immobile thing but nothing is happening. Here is the model i made (dont mind its stupidity) Ps. i saw a shadow below the floor when i purposly jumped off the building ingame

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hardcore
User Banned
Posted: 15th Mar 2008 23:46
I'm having the same problem, My model will not show up in X10 when I go to test game. Is there something special that needs to be done for X10? I used create entities from xfiles to produce my model and it works fine in X9, but not in X10. Any help would be appreciated
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 09:34
I dont have x10 (I do hope to get it shortly...then spend between $300-1000 to upgrade...you would be amazed how long it took me to find a PCI compatible Direct X 10 card...let's just say I got lucky but that is another story) but my understanding is that models in x10 need 3 different textures.
I actually think you would have more luck on the x10 board so I will move this to the FPSC x10 board.
Make entities from x files is an okay program if nothing else but for the tutorial video.
Then I would get Entity Workshop 2,E.C.S. pro or one of the other fine entity creation systems.
The make entities from x files program was also written for FPSC v1 and there is a question of compatibility (especially when using it to import characters.
It is easier to import characters by hand IMO.
Check out Nickydude's FPSC hints and tips guide as well...it's in a sticky at the top of the Product Chat forum.
Anyways let me move this to the x10 board...

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 09:49
Quote: "you would be amazed how long it took me to find a PCI compatible Direct X 10 card"

PLZ How do you get it! And at least tell me the name of it. I beg of you I've been looking for one since vista came out! PLZ help me here...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 09:57 Edited at: 16th Mar 2008 10:05
Here's the link for it...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131082

That is the only one I could find and it's not the best direct x 10 card made but like I said it's the only one I could find.
I usually go with Tiger Direct for my pc stuff but even they didn't have one.
I will try looking some more for more PCI x10 cards though.
On the bright side this card is reasonably priced.You're not going to run everything in x10 (you will have to adjust the settings for the card) but you should get some decent perfomance if you adjust your card properly.
Keep in mind I do not have this card yet so some of what I have posted is from the site above and some of it is from reading the posts of those who have used an x10 card with 256 MB of memory.
With my luck I would plug in the card and my pc would explode...lol.
It also recommends on the site you have 250 watts minimun power supply.I cannot wait until my landlord gets the next electric bill ater I wire all this up...the pc is probably giving her fits right now...it's nice having your utilities included in your rent.If you want to leave a light on feel free.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 10:09 Edited at: 16th Mar 2008 10:43
Kenster
User Banned
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 18:40
Thanks Fred, for the info
ineedanewspacebar
Years of Service
User Offline
ah, i was looking all over models and media for my thread, then i searched it and found it in X10 boards. I only have the original version (not X10) and my model doesnt show up, i put the download up in an earlier post just to let you know.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2008 20:30
Quote: "but my understanding is that models in x10 need 3 different textures."
Nope they don't well not all of them.I have it working correctly with only one texture.

However entities seem to be a wee problem.And does require a normal map but I stand corrected.

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 17:06:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 17:06:51