Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [LOCKED] Alien Fan Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Now I don't have any art work yet or screens to show you but I just wanted to getthe copy right issue straightened out first. Also, I need to develop this game in x10 because I want awesome graphics and allies.

I want to make an alien fan game that takes place shortly after the third movie. I probably won't use any character names from any of the movies; I would just make up my own names.

The sotry is: while the company was going after Ripley who had crashed into a planet and was trapped in a prison institution (the third movie), the military became aware of the events of the second movie. The military recieved information about the alien species and everything that happened to the marines. So, the military gets to lv 426 (the planet of the second movie) and searches the entire blast radius. They find what's left of the alien ship and two alien eggs. Unfortunately, these alien eggs are heavily radiated and are mutated from their original form.

The military takes these eggs to a secret laboratory on a distance icy planet and does research on them. The scientists work tirelessly on recovering the lost dna from the radiated eggs but to no avail. They are, however, successful in breeding new aliens, including a queen. But these aliens are different, they are mutated horrors that disentegrate over time; a lifespan of less that a month.

To recover the lost dna from these radiated horrors, the scientists mix the alien dna with various other lifeforms like spiders, snakes, and scorpions. What the scientists create cannot be described with words; unspeakable monstrosities. Terrible and hideous lifeforms are created in this secret laboratory. But few people know about it.

You play as a marine who is assigned to guard this laboratory. You have been assigned to this job for over three months and you know very little of what goes on inside. Only that you sometimes catch glimpses of cargo that looks like hybernation tubes. Are those people inside them? You try to investigate and you overhear a conversation with two scientists.

"You have gone too far this time," says one. "Mixing that dna with human tissue could prove tooo volitile."

"Why is it always too far?" says the other. "We use these people as food for our pets, why not use them as hosts as well?"

"You have to stop! We cannot continue this without proper authorization" At this the scientist turns around and heads for the door.

The other scientist pulls out a gun and shoots him in the back, killing him. "There's no more time. It begins now!"

You are horrified at the scene and attempt to do something but you do not have the correct pass key for the door. The scientist runs out of the room.

You make your way back to the control room but before you get there all hell breaks loose. Screams are heard. Doors are shut. Shots are fired. Sirens turn on and alert the whole installation. You must make your way to the control room, but be aware, there's something out there waiting around the corner for you.

------

Now I was just wondering if there's any strange copy right infringement? I wasn't going to sell the final game, but maybe some of the media, like the marines and the scientists.

Also any cc for the story wouldn't hurt. I have an empty wastebasket ready and waiting for it.

Buy some new FPSCreator Ready Characters at:
http://www.freewebs.com/fpscharacters/
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2008 18:43
You could get into serious rights troubles by using the Alien brand. Gearbox is developing Aliens: Colonial Marines right now and it is highly unlikely that they want to share with you.

Instead you could make something inspired by the universe but avoid the brand names and specific names of main characters.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2008 18:59
You're already in trouble.You know before you post about your game you have to post screenshots.Posting this in a different forum doesn't change anything.
You've been around long enough to know better.

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 03:48:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 03:48:38