Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / THIS IS WHAT I WILL RESORT TOO!!!!!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am sure you guys are tired of me posting about how my models do not animate in DBPro despite my efforts to make them do so, so this is what I ask:

If you have successfully ethier with morph targets or bones AND IF YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DONE SO, created a character that worked in DBPro, flawlessly (within reason of course) please post here on the programs, and technology you used to do so, I have tried various programs and my HD is filling up with a bunch of tools that for one reason or another do not work. ALSO if you have accomplished this and want to look at my model I will email it to you, so far i can find no artifacting that is keeping it from working. thanx

My specs

933 mhz
512 ram
64 v ram (I think)
3d Studio max 5
Character FX
Milkshape
conv3ds.exe
Xskinexp.dle
tga, bmp format textures (not at same time)
Win 2000 pro
DBPro

THanx guys.
AIPX Rocks
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
and Panda X as well, no effect.

AIPX Rocks
Beta1
Years of Service
User Offline
I've made a couple of very simple ones animate fine using milkshape's bone animation.

Whats the problem?

I'm feeling generous - email me the model - RDEvans at bigfoot dot com (just to confuse the spambots) and I'll try and look at it this evening, cant promise I'll be able to fix it but I'll have a look. Ideally a milkshape compatible format would be good.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 15:29
I'm not going to suggest Milkshape and CharacterFX, because I only get in trouble .

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Trev C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 15:53
First I suggest you use Milkshape as a beginner and then look at the Milkshape Website tutorials at: -

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/ms3d/tutorials.html

The one on there that I found useful is at the following site:

http://www.machinima.com/articleselected.php?value=category&id=2

Read the articles on 'Introduction to Modelling using Milkshape: Part 1 to Part 6' by Ben Moss, very basic but takes you through every step of creating a box Character called 'bob' with animation.

Once the animation is running to your satisfaction then export. To do this in Milkshape select the whole model and then export as .x from the menu ensuring you tick the box to export all the animation data too.

hope this helps you get a bit further ,

Trev C
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 18:06
QUOTE:
I'm not going to suggest Milkshape and CharacterFX, because I only get in trouble .

Van-B

LOL !!

Yeah, I'm not going to tell you that I use Milkshape and CharacterFX to make our models work flawlessly either !!

OK ..... I make em and Van-B codes then into DBpro "flawlessly"

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 19:29
3dsmax5 with physique and exporting with panda x works fine for me.

Apply the reset xform modifier (in the utilities section) all of the objects in your scene (excluding lights, bones etc) and then convert all of them to an editable mesh. Then assign physique or skin modifier, set the envelopes and animate your model. Then using the panda x exporter (make sure you have the latest version) to export your model.

Make sure that the following options are selected:

in the 3ds max ojbects tab enable "include animation" and "bones" options. disable "optimization" and "dummy" options.

in the animations tab, enable "matrix keys" and set the animation sampling rate to "10" (you can try lower or higher options but 10 seems to work alright, if set to "1" it doesn't work at all). Enable the "include animation options" option and set the type to "open" and the pos.quality to "spline positions".

in the xfile settings tab, set the dx file type to "binary with compression" (others work fine but this option produces a smaller file size) and set the dx frame to "sub frame hierachy"

And your done Just click OK and the export is completed.

However, the model will have thousands of frames so a model with 25 frames ends up having 2038 frames. This means that if imported into dbpro the model will seem like it isn't animating. Just crank up the animation speed by using the "set object speed" command to a high value.

Hope this helps

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 19:35
http://www.maxplugins.de

my plugin will be up there within the week (he has it just he's ain't touching the site for a while)
i still say the best option is export as MD3 ... man i hope they actually release DBO format in this next update

Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Raven, Inferno, you guys are great.

Thanx, I've been using skin till now, guess I'll move onto physique.
LOL

Wayne

AIPX Rocks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:46:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:46:03