Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Great lightning/zapping effects: I figured it out!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 07:50
Just create a plain and make a texture for it, like a zappy thing or just a beam graphic. Now I assume you have the two points that you want the effect to go to and from. Assume they are X1,Y1,Z1 and X2,Y2,Z2. Now here is the great part. Make sure you put the camera's coordinates into a variable first. Now position the camera at X1,Y1,Z1. Now point the camera at X2,Y2,Z2. Now position the special effect object at (X1-X2)/2,(Y1-Y2)/2,(Z1-Z2)/2. Set object to camera orientation for the special effect object. Now position the camera back to where it was before. Taa Daa! You might have to also rotate the object and fix it's pivot first. I think I ended up rotating it 180,-180,90 or something.

Actually, there is probably a very easy way to do it in DBPro, but I only have Classic. Can't wait to get Pro.

Hope this helps some people. Oh yeah, also, it is also a cool effect to make some pictures in a program that are white in the middle, fade out to a color, then fade out to black. Now put those textures on plains, ghost them, set there rotation to zyx and place them at the X1,Y1,Z1 and X2,Y2,Z2 points and set them to camera orientation. Looks pretty neat.
Xander
Bolt of Bolt Software Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:10:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:10:17