Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / newb help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2008 03:36
hey guys,

I'm not ashamed to say that I am new to the scripting that is needed in FPSC X10 and need some help or at least a couple of questions answered. I know I'm probably asking some stupid questions here but I am a self confessed noob to this program so I'm gonna ask them. I will not however do like alot of folks and complain about the program because I cannot think of anything better to do with the program myself and I believe that making complaints without offering ways to make it better is a foolish enterprise. So here are some newb questions;

1: I have read the model packs that have already been release for FPSC x9, I think, do not work in X10 but they are being switched for use in X10, is there a estimate timeline on when they will be finished?

2: In the game I am creating I want there to be a choice option on what weapons you want to bring with you at the start of the level consisting of weapons you found previously in the game with an allotment of only 3 weapons allowed at the start and then you can switch weapons as you find others. (*(IE if you are carrying a 9mm, a .45 handgun and, a shotgun but you kill an enemy with a DE .50 to can switch one of the other weapons for the DE)*) Is this possible?

3: I am not a sure how to create models and overlays or if I even have the mental compasity to do so but I need a couple very specific ones for the game I am creating, who should I speak to that can help me as I am willing to pay for them?

As I said, some very newb questions that I have, hopefully someone can answer them. Just please don't make me feel too stupid when and if you do. Seems that I am great at game ideas but have little to no knowledge how to make them a reality, I have designed the levels in my trusty A4 graph pad, written the dialogue, the story lines, the basic idea but making it come to life seems to be biting me on the... Well you get the idea. Help if you can.

Cheers
Trav
puppy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 02:40
what !

wihte ninjas wihte ninjas wihte ninjas wihte ninjas playing my 360

sierra 036 come pley halo 3 i use noob combo
PresFox
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, ignore that total dip**** above

1. no, however it shouldnt be too far away, a few are already

2. For your weapons idea, i am not sure, but i dont think it is possible.

3. There are some great artists here, you could make a request on the 3d forum, otherwise, check a site like turbosquid

Microsoft isnt evil, they just make really crappy operating systems -- Linus torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:45:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:45:29