Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys... I will post a few more screenshots in the next couple of days... I just went through the whole game and it ran pretty well for the first run... Fixing some issues we found and have captured a few more good screens during the tests that will be worth posting... Saving the bad guys for last

http://www.huntforevil.com
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2008 12:36
hunt4evil

Very nice work your doing here and it's nice to see my model pack being used in this fashion and like most others I love the lighting the way you are using it. The level design looks great and ooz's the good feel factor with the sense of adventure.
I thought I would let you know that I have been working latley creating models for TGC Store and some of which are to compliment Model Pack 8 and 17. I don't know when the Store will be released officialy but I do know that you yourself have a 'June' deadline for this game.
Anyways,keep up the good work you and your team are doing a great job so far.

All the best of luck

Ross
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Good Job on those Model Packs Ross tra damus.. They look great with Hunt's Lighting! June is coming,.,.,

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2008 00:34 Edited at: 19th Apr 2008 00:35
Quote: "Great job man this is gona be great just one thing when are you planning on opening up your site you are wasting money paying for the site if its doing nothing why don't you open it up put some videos and screen shots on it to show your work so far. This doesn't look like you used FPSC X9 great quality (I DON'T THINK YOU USED X10 NOT SURE) and amazing work well done i congratulate you."

Bloodhound 2 thanks man! We are getting some videos of the levels and stuff ready for the site. It should be changed a bit in about a weeks or so. Just been so busy with the game and have not had a chance getting the site ready. This is for sure FPSC X9 and spend a ton of time with the lighting. We will use some X10 videos for cut scenes along with crazy talk to help with the storyline.... The crazy talk will feature Deimos talking to you guiding you through the game... More to come...

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2008 06:29
Upsets me that new people design better than me lol.

Great looking game man!

F0aMy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 14:46
very nice!!!
BUT.. the 2nd shot I had a bit of a problem trying to figure out why there were those lights in the corner's shining whit but then there was red around them...

soz.. just does not make much sense to me!

Leen meen game creating machine!!!
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
@Jenkins

While Hunt's game looks killer.... I also have seen your stuff and like that to... Keep up the good work everyone...

GP PrOdUcTiOnS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 04:40
Two things that would make this game better then it is would be flickering lights and all your enemys triggerd. Or in scary spots. to give the player a real supprise, the best thing to do is to shock them with mummies poping out behind you and from holes in the roof and stuff. Looks great though!

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Two things that would make this game better then it is would be flickering lights and all your enemys triggerd. Or in scary spots. to give the player a real supprise, the best thing to do is to shock them with mummies poping out behind you and from holes in the roof and stuff. Looks great though!"

Nice, I agree!

TJ

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 02:07 Edited at: 27th Apr 2008 03:25

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Work in Progress Update...

All Levels are now complete including the back splash for each level and the cutscenes (1 per level). After the game is won you will be given a bunus level. The game is complete!

We are now in the studio to include 10 Custom Tracks that will be incuded with the game and soundtrack. All drum tracks and guitar is complete. Adding bass now and will have a final mix of the music in a week or so.

The website is also finished and will release in the next couple of weeks. Looks like we will have a JUNE 24th Release so we are under a month away!

This is our first game and know it will not be perfect but we will patch it and update the levels after feedback from this great community. More to come...

A13X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 08:59
Wowaweewa...

Looks sweet, can't wait for it to be released. Some wicked looking screens there...

Well done, lookingforeward to your next project.

-A13X
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " Some wicked looking screens there..."

I agree and can't wait to see the project! Should be pretty sweet with all of the cutscenes and soundtrack!

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 23:40 Edited at: 4th May 2008 04:46
Quote: "Wowaweewa...

Looks sweet, can't wait for it to be released. Some wicked looking screens there...

Well done, lookingforeward to your next project. "

Thanks A13X. We are 6 months into development and it is all starting to come together.

Quote: "Wow this is really a amazing looking game always nice when a well made game like this comes out and especially when made with FPSC good work
"

Thanks Bloodhound 2. I am real excited about the release. Everything is just about finished, just testing the levels and tweaking them a bit. Looks like early to middle June release for sure.

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice new screen! Love it. June is coming soon

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the new screenshot too. June is coming... Hope the game is on time!

GL

TJ

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2008 02:24 Edited at: 15th May 2008 04:28
Game Update:

All music tracks are in place and doing the final testing now.

2 New Screenshots...

Release coming soon.

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Again, good lighting. Don't forget to put some light entities in there and add some trigger zones. Can't wait to test it out.

TJ

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice screens again. How is the progress? Hope it is almost ready!

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
@Indie PC Games

Yep final testing just about finished. Game runs smooth...

9 Full Levels with end bosses with custom content taking over 8 months of development. Will be release in the second or third week of June... Release coming next!

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the game download test. The game ran smooth. I did fall through a floor on Level 5 after the Enemy hit me with the sword. I emailed you a screenshot of the area that it tossed me out of the level. Good use of lighting and trigger zones in the game. Took about an hour and a half to complete the game. Good work and again I emailed you some small issues and suggestions. I see you also used some of the segments I have listed in the store. They look great along with other users creations. Also Bonds Character look great in the game. Overall good job with the game and can;t wait for the changes that I suggested and the release of Hunt for Evil...

Indie

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 18:22 Edited at: 15th Jun 2008 22:17
HUNT FOR EVIL

RELEASE DATE: JUNE 30th

Will be a FREE Release

2 more screenshots:

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, this game looks great, I would honestly apply for a BOTB after release.

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 22:17 Edited at: 11th Jun 2008 04:34
Thanks puppy of kosh. I have been working on the game for some time now and can't wait to get it released. I see the link for the BOTB and will get the info over there when ready. Thanks in advance for the info...

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "HUNT FOR EVIL

RELEASE DATE: JUNE 24

Will be a FREE Release"

WOOT!

some kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 06:29
is it just me, or does the story line seem very simmaler to "hellgate: london"?

"all you can do is fail, but that's on the road to sucsess"
-Teddy Rosavelt
hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 23:33 Edited at: 12th Jun 2008 23:34
Quote: "is it just me, or does the story line seem very simmaler to "hellgate: london"?"

Hmm, I never seen the game but I will check that. This storyline came right from my head. I am not very good at the storyline and worked on it for quite a while with feedback from the community.

EDIT:

After looking at this RPG, I think the storyline is similar but is OK. If anyone feels it needs to be changed a bit please say something and I will make all needed changes...

hellgate: london Storyline...

It’s 2038, and London lies in ruins...

From Flagship Studios – creators of the award-winning Diablo® series and the fathers of the action role playing genre – comes Hellgate: London, the next benchmark in the evolution of the RPG genre.

Combining the depth of traditional RPGs with the frenetic, visceral feel of first-person shooters, Hellgate: London offers infinite replayability with dynamically created levels, monsters, items and events that gives each player their own unique hack-and-slash experience.

A post-apocalyptic London has been overrun by hordes of terrifying demons, leaving the city desolate and scorched by hellfire. Those who were unlucky enough to survive now gather in the only sanctuary left, the Underground, banding together in order to gain a foothold against the minions of darkness and ultimately save the bloodline of humanity.

It is no surprise that these sole survivors come from three of society’s most elite factions, each of whom are masters of a robust number of skills and weapons essential to demon-thrashing.

The Templar, a secret society preserving the rites of the original Knights Templar, mix futuristic technology with ancient artifacts to create powerful weapons and armor perfect for short-ranged and melee attacks.

The Cabalists are students of the dark arts and edges of science which often leaves them standing right on the line between good and evil. Their mystifying spells make them suited for mid-range combat.

The Hunters are mysterious, highly trained ex-military operatives who lay waste to their foes with hyper-advanced weapons that blend theoretical science and the latest in technology – and their bullets can come from almost any distance.

Hellgate: London delivers an amazing gaming experience to PC gamers of all types – delivering the eye-popping DX10 visuals demanded by the hardcore, and scaling to ensure the masses of casual RPG players can still get the best performance on older PCs.

Hunt for Evil Storyline:
The year is 2050. You are Captain PJ Kellar, and it’s your job to save the world.

You’ve been sent over to Catacombs of Paris because the underworld has surfaced into the tombs below the earth. And, they are fully armed and loaded. You’ve examined the video from the last crew. With your only brother as captain, the entire crew went into the tombs only to be totally wiped out. The underworld has now adapted some sort of new weaponry. And, they have enough fire power to take out anything that enters the tombs.

According to intelligence from the military, a massive attack on earth will begin soon. If successful, the creatures will take control of the tombs underground and ultimately, the entire planet. Now is the time to destroy the evil powers with a massive hand. You are the hero assigned to rescue all lives on earth. All other sources have failed to control these Lords of Darkness - the responsibility is now yours. You know the risk.

These satans have divided their territory into 8 major stages known as Layers. In each stage, there are many obstacles to stop you from progressing further. It will require all of your talents and skills to kill and destroy every creature you see in every Layer. Your goal is accomplished when the evil is completely eliminated from the underworld.

While your mission is to make it through all 8 Layers of the Underworld, you must also get to The Golden Room and find the key that unlocks the Door that leads you to their leader, Sir Deimos.

But beware. While you goal is to get to Deimos and defeat him, you will face many enemies along the way including his own brother, Minos.

You invade their territory with a secret attack. You’re facing the darkness alone to take revenge for your brother. You have the responsibility to take prevent these ugly creatures from getting to the earth’s surface. The platform for the war will be set when you enter the underworld.

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 17:57 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 01:21

Game is now released!

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 23:58 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 00:53
Hunt for Evil is released.

You can download it from the website here:

Or The Direct Link:

http://www.huntforevil.com/Hunt_For_Evil.exe

Full installer is included. Feedback welcomed as we will put a couple of versions of the game online after some comments after we make some changes. Hope everyone enjoys. The game will take about an hour or so to get through the 8 levels.

Known Bugs so far:

If your character gets stuck, save your game, exit game and than load the game.

It is my first game so I hope everyone likes it. I worked on it for about 4 month and it plays feal good as I got through the whole game at 40 FPS with no lag spikes.

Enjoy!

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, downloading now... Will review after I play a bit...

Indie

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 01:24
ill try it.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 01:56
I'll also review this one when I get the chance.

Gunn3r Games
hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys. I am going to make revisions after I see some reviews. I have already made some changes in the new version I will upload after you guys check it out. It took a long time to develop fighting FPSC most of the time but made it work so that is a relief. Now with a bit of tweaking and maybe adding a level or two it might be an OK game. I am new at game building but trying to learn as I only started a few months ago.

Thanks again for trying the game and look forward for the reviews.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 02:10
Hey may i review this for moon rising reviews.

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 02:16 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 02:16
@Punk13

All good man. Go for it. With versian #2 we will add more video work and have every level open with a video or cut scene. That is what we are doing now. Figure I will have 3 or 4 revisions and each time I will add a level and more content. Figure it will go from an ok game to a very good one. That is the goal of my game as again it is the first thing I ever built. So when the final revisions are finished it should be a 12 level game with about 2 hours of game time.

Thanks again and hope you had fun!

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 02:17
It may be worth selling.

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
@Punk13

Thanks for the compliment. It means a lot as I put a couple hundred hours or more into this game as I hade to learn the GUI and create some custom segments and some of the music. I think it will be valuable enough grabbing feedback and learning from my mistakes. Than I can edit the game, add a couple of levels and release a pretty cool game. Than maybe remake it in X10...

Cool stuff man, looking forward for the review...

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 02:40 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 02:43
Hunt for Evil review:

I give it an 8/10

The storyline is ok. I have seen better and much worse. You did some nice updating to it while we were shooting you feedback so I give you an A for effort.

The lighting is great. I love it. I would of wished to see more lighting images (lamps, light bulbs and such) but I remember you told me you were just going for a color look of the levels which I think is cool.

The music is cool. A good mix of metal, sound effect, and even some hip hop. I am not a rap guy but did enjoy the metal tunes...

The level design is interesting. I like the way you layered some rooms. Some a bit too much and maybe not enough in others. You can tell that you took time to place some of your entities so again the effort is there and give that a solid B...

The game play was great. No Lag spikes at all. Played through the whole game at 38-40 FPS so it was a lot of fun playing the game. I think I ended up with 400+ health and lots of weapon ammo left. Might want to loose some ammo and drop the health a bit. let see what others say as it is not too hard of a game but smooth.

The use of Bond's pack looked good in a game that lasted about an hour. I would of beat it quicker but I couldn't find the key on I think the 4th level. It was a give away with the red sprite but I found it after looking around a few min's. Other than that I did OK. I found the Gold room by luck. I think I missed a few rooms in the big hallway room but I found the one I needed

Overall a pretty good game. I love the weapon pack 6 so much and enjoyed playing with those guns! It also showed Bonds Characters to a tee. They looked great Bond so good work on those as it is the first time I have seen them in action.

Looking forward to the updated ver of the game and will play again!

Indie

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
My Review

Not Bad. I like that there is some custom segments in there. It looks like you spent some time setting up the rooms with some nice entities also. So the level design was pretty good. Since most people do not finish what they start, I give you a ton of credit stating when the game was going to be released and than putting it out. The levels was good but wish there were a few more. I do see you plan on putting out more levels with the next releases so that will be good as the game can be a bit longer. The game play was also good. The FPS stayed pretty steady though the game so that was good. The weapon pack 6 was a lot of fun to use in the game and liked some of the trigger zones that were added. Would of been nice having some cut scenes from Iclone or Crazy talk so just a suggestion for the future update release.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10... Add some more sut scenes and a few more levels and that may get up to a 8-8.5.

Good Job as the game is fun and can't wait to play an updates versian.

TJ

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
downloading now..

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reviews so far guys. It is my first game and tried to do my best. I will make changes to the updated game following the comments that are posted. Again thanks for trying the game and looking forward in making it better in the near future.

iommiSG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 12:07
The screenshots look amazng, cant wait to download off the website you linked to.

i'm in your mind.
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The screenshots look amazng, cant wait to download off the website you linked to."

Download it for sure. It is an hour of gametime well spent. I enjoyed the game...

TJ

iommiSG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 11:14
this game is AMAZING. couldnt of thought of anything better to do with my saturday afternoon so i thought id try it out. it is excellent, do you think a hunt for evil 2 is possibly on the horizon?

excellent game,

IommiSG

i'm in your mind.
hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "this game is AMAZING. couldnt of thought of anything better to do with my saturday afternoon so i thought id try it out. it is excellent, do you think a hunt for evil 2 is possibly on the horizon?

excellent game,

IommiSG"

Thanks iommiSG! I am glad you liked it. First off we are re working the game making it a bit better and we will add a few new levels on the next update. Than after we release the new ver. of the game we will make Hunt For Evil 2 with the V2 of FPSC once the migration is finished. Again I am glad you enjoyed the game and thanks again!

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 02:54
very nice though i have to wonder that why is it that you get attacked by cyborgs? that combined with barbarians throwing grenades gets me confused.

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 08:05:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 08:05:54