Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Need help on "Stealth" script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 00:01
Alright, i need help on this script I'm working on that makes enemies sneak up from behind you and attack. I want to make it because one day i was looking up PC game video reviews on GT (Game Trailers) and i stumble upon a game called "Terra Wars: NY invasion". It got a about a 3.1/10 rating, worst I've ever seen. The guy reviewing it said it was really bad because of

A) Grain-ish dull textures that often repeat
B) Maps that looked like they where made by a teenager
C) All you do in the game is shoot aliens for no good reason

I was looking at this and i was thinking "Uh-oh". "A" I wasn't worried about because I had FPSC X10, but "B" because I'm not the best map maker, and "C" because that is all you do in FPSC (shoot stuff), and the guys up top hate mundane stuff. For all of you wanna-be game makers, consider this a warning to be sure to add plot and sense to your game, and dump all thoughts on using the original FPSC again unless you get model packs or stuff like that to boost the graphics tenfold. So anyway, I thought about making a stealth script, which would be great for survival games. Think Doom Knights that do all in their power to stay hidden until they can strike. Now, we all know how fun it is to try an re-write a pre-made script to try and make the entity do something useful and have it just phase through the floors or float upside down, so i was wondering if the great peoples of FPS Creator X10 Forum could help me in this struggle and share the end product with the rest. Please?

PS.
If you want to see this horrible review yourself and see the likeness between it and FPSC 9, here is the link
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/12205.html
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 15:47
Well, you've got to get the ball rolling. You'll need to work on a script and take it to the point of it being close, but not quite right. Don't think you can just script and when you're stuck others will fix it. You've got to show that you really tried and that you've studied scripting and practiced to the point of knowing what you're doing. Then I'm sure folks will be glad to help.

Looking forward to seeing you post a sample. Good luck!

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 04:00:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 04:00:05