Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Loads vary slow whin Calculating Object Light

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 21:30
Does anyone have this same deal. When Calculating Object Light, the load takes a VARY long time if you have good lighting. Please reply if you dont have this problem.

BOOM!!!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 21:41 Edited at: 29th Mar 2008 21:42
Hmm, mine loads fairly quick and do not have any issues. What are your system specs.

TJ

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 02:04
It takes long because it rendering the lightmaps. If you have full lightmapping (or Lightmapping for Quality now I Think it is) it will be far longer than the quick option. I have a quad-core processor and can calculate quick-lightmaps at a very nice speed, haven't tried full quality lightmaps. You have to remember that lightmapping involves raycasting the scene, calculating image data for the lightmaps (and blurring edges and whatnot) and then writing it to an image on the hard-disk. It's a rather lengthy and complicated process.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 22:59 Edited at: 11th Apr 2008 23:00
Quote: "If you have full lightmapping (or Lightmapping for Quality now I Think it is) it will be far longer than the quick option"

My comp uses Dual Core 2.0GHz and loads perfectly quick, and it keeps me patient,. unlike THE OTHER FPS CREATOR!!!!!(which took around 2 hours to do :S)

EDIT: oops, didn't check the last post date, accidentally bumped it, ouch! I need an ice pack!

Halo 1 user: X10~Photon, Bebo: Crysis Rocks!, Company: Output Overload, Employment: Self-employed, Region: UK, Likes: Smooth Gaming, Hates: Lag
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 23:36
I've seen worse bumps...I have not tried x10 with full (or quality as it is now called) lightmapping but on soft (or I think it's called performance now) the lightmaps do not take long to calculate.
I only have a single core Celeron processor and the levels I have tested so far have built at a fairly good speed.

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10
griffx
Years of Service
User Offline
i used to complaing about real slow loading times, change all the lights to dynamic from static and let us know what happens.

quad core, 8800gts w/ 640 dedicated plus 1gb shares, 1TB, ok i guess . . .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:00:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:00:41