Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / load image not working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i've never used dark basic before but i use qbasic a lot so i thought i'd be good at dark basic but... i'm not i think it's my copy of dark basic that's broke but the load image command won't work
here's my code

shouldn't that load an image at
C:\Documents and Settings\jerudev\Desktop\pictures\kitty.bmp
it says it is unable to understand command line 4 witch is the load image part am i doing something wrong

- sasuke
visit my site dswise.122mb.com
MonoCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 16:19
Comment out line 4. Does it then hassle you about line 7? If so, I'd reinstall. In fact, I'd reinstall anyway.

I'd also fix my grammar. Not sure about you.

Give me an ounce of Puyo, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination.
sasuke 2910
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry about the grammar error but even if i fix it i get the same error I'll r install it now

- sasuke
sasuke 2910
Years of Service
User Offline
nope re-install didn't work look

- sasuke
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 23:27
For me, the code errors on line 7. Once I fixed that error, it worked. I don't see anything else wrong with what you have done. It seems like a compiler problem.

LB
sasuke 2910
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope didn't work any more suggestions before i throw dark basic out the window 3 days after buying it???

- sasuke
Ed222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 23:03
maybe your dark basic pro is a older version that has a bug try upgrading it to 1.067 see if that helps

jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 23:55
Two things puzzle me about this.

WindowsKiller recommended that you create a new project. That, I understand. What I don't understand is your picture which shows the compiler complaining...and if you look at the Project Summary...there is no project there at all, and the source code is missing the boilerplate section typical of the source code generated by the editor when you create a new project. It leads me to think you just started typing, and then tried to compile.

Are you using the "New Project" command from the File menu to create projects?

The next thing is that your program is only using commands from two of the DLLs that make up DBPro...DBProFileDebug.dll and DBProImageDebug.dll The compiler is not complaining about the set dir command, only the load image command. Also, as LBFN mentioned, paste image does not take a string as its first parameter...you pass the image number in that parameter. It is possible that your DBProImageDebug.dll is corrupt. You said that you reinstalled, but if your install is using corrupt files, that will not help.

You might try using commands from some of the other DLLs, they follow the same grouping as the command lists in the help. Try System commands, Basic2D, Basic3D, etc. Just avoid anything in the Image commands. That would help to narrow the trouble to a specific area that is not working properly.

Finally, sometimes when your hard drive is full, applications fail in weird ways that the designers have not accounted for.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 00:55
Have you contacted support? Just a thought.

Unterseeboot - Has you played it?
Los Mineros are on leave...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 20:03:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 20:03:11