Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / X file Loading Queston - very basic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2003 21:19 Edited at: 4th Jul 2003 21:42
I just started with DBP and I am loading an X file. I want to load an object and glue it to a limb so my follow camera will work correctly. When I load the X file it's loading with the right facing. Is there a way to rotate the object before I glue it to a limb?

Click on source to see my code...
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 04:06
Hey there,
Well the simplest thing to do for rotation is to use the rotate command x-d . So all you need to do is:

rotate object 11,x,y,z

the x,y,z stand for the numbers you put in as the angles which you want to rotate the object by on each axis. If you wanted to just rotate the object on the x axis then you can leave the y and z numbers as 0.

You can also use the xrotate, yrotate and zrotate commands if you want to control the rotation of the object on each axis separately.

Once you get that sorted just use the fix object pivot command and you're set.

Hope that helped,
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
DrReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 06:44
I said it was very basic and it was... Thanks for the help.

I am proud to say I did figure it out before I came back here to find the answer.

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:11:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:11:40