Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / What tutorials and program do I need?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am only interested in 2D game making of the older variety, side-scrolling fighters. Where do I start on tutorials and which program would I use?

I have seen many different tutorials but am unsure of which program they belong, I thought I would be using PlayBasic but I see a lot of DarkBasic in the 2D threads.

Also this is just something I would like to learn, I am quite new to coding so I would love to just be able to make an old intelivision or atari type game or something. Anyway whatever help I could get would be greatly appreciated.
Destrugter 1
Years of Service
User Offline
You are on the DarkBASIC site buddy...that's what you should use since the commands wont all work right in a different basic compiler, but if you want to get a free compiler and figure out how to make the commands work after someone uploads code, then go ahead, but its just easier to go with DarkBASIC.

do you love video games a lot ¿¿¿ then comeon down too game zone252 @ http://www.freewebs.com/gamezone252/
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 06:47 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2008 06:48
If you want to make scrolling 2D game, then you're really only two options here. PlayBasic or Dbpro. Both are much quicker than DarkBasic Classic.

While PlayBasic is sold and supported here at TGC, this is not the home of the product. Therefore, you'll only find a tiny bit of PB related content here. Even though there's a growing number of people switching to PB from Dbpro.

Bellow are some PB related links, here is where you'll find lots of PB content. Of course, the majority of which you'll find on our forums in the members areas. (You'll have to sign up for that.. which is free)

PlayBasic Home Page

PlayBasic Code Examples

PlayBasic Forum

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 23:58:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 23:58:13